gotta let ya know...this may make u sick

This is just one of those things, like who cooks your food at resturaunts ( and how clean are they) that I just don't think about if I did I would never swim at a public pool. I know at water parks they have to check the PH levels ever so often and if they are too high they have to close the area until treated. I think I have seen the lifeguards at Disney doing this also. It is beyond gross though if you think off all the hundreds of bodies you are swimming with (that is why I just don't go there)

It's definitely a little "nasty" but it happens. And where there's pools, there's kids. Where there's kids, there's bound to be some kind of fecal release from one of them. You're at Disney so be prepared or stay out of the pools! LOL

WE were at the Sports on June 11 when the same thing happened in the pool. My DS an I just got to the pool when they were telling everyone to get out. They said it would be closed for 1/2 hr. We went to another pool.princess:

I work for the health department and inspect pools frequently. There is state protocol for a "'fecal accident" in a swimming pool. Not to gross you out even more but there are different requirements for "loose movements" vs. "solid movements". Loose movements can be indicative of a diarrheal illness which requires the pool to close and shock and have total turnaround of the water (usually 8 hours). We had a town pool I inspected that would have a senior citizen group in the am before the pool opened and on numerous occassions, would all have to get out of the pool because "something" was floating on top of the water!:lmao::rotfl::lmao: It's not as uncommon as you might think.

Here's something even more gross: A few years ago my DH, DS3 and I were in the Polynesian Volcano pool. DH then thinks he sees a "candy bar" at the bottom of the pool and decides to touch it with his toe!!!! He then looks at me and says that he doesn't think it's a candy bar and calls the lifeguard. :scared:
Well, it did turn out to be poop and they closed the pool for a few hours to disinfect. I told him that he better go and disinfect his "toe" before he ever thinks about getting close to us again!!!!!

My husband and son go to the local Y to swim...this happened a month or so ago..they came home early I said that was quick..he said they shut it down to clean it out because someone evidently had an accident in the pool...YUCK...

Here's something even more gross: A few years ago my DH, DS3 and I were in the Polynesian Volcano pool. DH then thinks he sees a "candy bar" at the bottom of the pool and decides to touch it with his toe!!!! He then looks at me and says that he doesn't think it's a candy bar and calls the lifeguard. :scared:
Well, it did turn out to be poop and they closed the pool for a few hours to disinfect. I told him that he better go and disinfect his "toe" before he ever thinks about getting close to us again!!!!!
Poor hubby!! I'd be soaking my toe in alcohol for a good hour if that were me!! Poop doesn't normally scare me all that much but the idea of sticking your toe into a mushy poo just is nasty...:sick::eek:

Found this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th_aBzrV37M **Attention..there is one brief part where a girl has her bikini top off, but it's censored..there's a black bar over her chest so you can't see anything..**

This happened on our last night at PO Riverside. We just got there when they evacuated the pool. Totally happy to go to the quiet pool and swim, just glad I wasn't in the pool yet. :goodvibes

When we stayed at CS, a child threw up in the pool. He caught my attention because he kept coughing which is never good in the pool. Then I saw it happen and I never moved so quick. I didn't even get a chance to tell my husband what happened, just told him to follow me quick. I went to the life guard to tell them and they evacuated the pool. What was awful is his family had him get out of the pool and were laughing and just left without saying anything! I wonder if I didn't see it happen if we all would have still been swimming in ...YUCK!

I am so sorry but I had tears running down my face reading this. I had to go read your post to my husband because I couldn't stop laughing and I knew he would appreciate this story. We share your pain because we have had our share of yuckiness in pools. This totally beat our experiences. We still laugh about our experiences and my husband does such a good reinactment of me evacuating the pool when I saw someone throw up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter