GotG for Big and Tall

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
I tried searching as I am sure this must have been discussed at some point but I must not be using the correct key words. My son is 6’4” and 350 pounds. He can squeeze himself into all the rides (FoP has been a close call a couple times but they were able to get it to click). How is GotG in this respect, have there been difficulties due to size?

DH isn't quite as hefty as your son, but he has a good size belly and didn't have a problem at all. The seats are quite easy to enter and exit, and the restraints are individual and not nearly as tight as for FoP.

I haven't read a single post anywhere about someone who didn't fit on GotG. So I hope your son has a great ride!

I'll be the first to post it then - I could not get the lap bar to latch down. 6 foot, about 375 pounds, so yes, I'll admit that I'm oversized. I've never had a problem on any other ride at disney - including FOP (although not the same trip, I'm pretty sure I was similar sized then). Now I will say this - I was *very* surprised the bar wouldn't latch where it was - there was no good reason IMHO that it should have been latching at the point where it was. Most other rides I've been on, the bar would have been latching at the point it was on. And I would have been perfectly secure in the seat. So, maybe, possibly an issue in that car? But needless to say, after an hour in the queue waiting to get there, not exactly thrilled at the outcome, because I also hadn't seen anything about people having issues. And from some discussions with the cast members there, it's not necessarily all that uncommon of an issue.

I'll be the first to post it then - I could not get the lap bar to latch down. 6 foot, about 375 pounds, so yes, I'll admit that I'm oversized. I've never had a problem on any other ride at disney - including FOP (although not the same trip, I'm pretty sure I was similar sized then). Now I will say this - I was *very* surprised the bar wouldn't latch where it was - there was no good reason IMHO that it should have been latching at the point where it was. Most other rides I've been on, the bar would have been latching at the point it was on. And I would have been perfectly secure in the seat. So, maybe, possibly an issue in that car? But needless to say, after an hour in the queue waiting to get there, not exactly thrilled at the outcome, because I also hadn't seen anything about people having issues. And from some discussions with the cast members there, it's not necessarily all that uncommon of an issue.
Thank you for your response. I would rather know now about the possibility then for us to get blindsided when we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter