Got Waitlist but MS borrowed points instead of replacing old res.

miamimama

Mouseketeer
I will call MS tomorrow, but wondered if anyone has experience with this issue? - you requested that the waitlist replace an existing reservation because you didn't have enough points to keep both, but they either didn't see or ignored the request and borrowed points, keeping both reservations. It's not a huge deal - I had two ressies - a Monday, and then a separate Tuesday thru Saturday I wanted to stay until Sunday instead of arriving the previous Monday, and waitlisted that one day to replace the Monday, The waitlist came thru almost immediately,( which surprised me since I hadn't seen availability at all for weeks), but they just added the day on and kept the Monday, borrowing points to do so. Any chance if I call they will cancel the Monday and return the points, or I should just forget it and force the family to stay the extra day? :)

I think they should correct their mistake. Explain the problem, I have not had your experience but I'm pretty sure it's been reported here and has been fixed.

Yes they sometimes make mistakes, that's why we don't deal with MS unless we have to and we don't waitlist.

:earsboy: Bill

Had something very similar happen to me where they borrowed points instead of replacing the reservation. Used the online chat and they fixed the issue very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter