Got to meet Oswald on his first day in the park

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
My friends and I (disneyluvr2 and lcasa) were in line at 9 AM Sunday for Oswald's first appearance ever in the parks (he's in DCA). Disney regained the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (precursor to Mickey Mouse) in 2006, after having lost them in 1928. Oswald made his park debut Sunday and was very well received, as far as we could tell!

oswaldandme_zps46463974.jpg

My friends and I (disneyluvr2 and lcasa) were in line at 9 AM Sunday for Oswald's first appearance ever in the parks (he's in DCA). Disney regained the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (precursor to Mickey Mouse) in 2006, after having lost them in 1928. Oswald made his park debut Sunday and was very well received, as far as we could tell!

oswaldandme_zps46463974.jpg

Such a cute picture, DizMe!!!!!

We are so excited for Oswald! Counting the days till next month!

Thanks for posting!:)

My husband is really excited about this. Oswald is his favorite :)

I'm sooo glad we waited and got to meet Oswald! I love his personality. He's just so cute and wiggly! Welcome home Oswald!!:thumbsup2

We didn't realize it was his first appearance on Sunday! The following Wed. we had a chance for my daughter to have a photo opportunity with him - she took a few 'selfies' of the two of them, and he was hilarious!! He posed in wonderful poses for them, and also took the iphone in his hands and looked at the pictures, cupped his hand over his mouth to snicker about it, etc. He is a must see in the parks! Wow, thanks for posting this, I had no idea he had not been in the parks before!! We are so happy we had the chance to meet him!

Great pic., DizMe!! :) And Disneyluvr2!

That's awesome. Now I want to see a pic of Oswald and Mickey together. Preferably in a "gonna duke it out" pose. :rotfl:

Um...he doesn't seem right to me. I pictured him smaller, more petite. He does not look so cute and cuddly Goofy-sized. Funny how you get an image in your mind and it doesn't match reality. Kind of like seeing a face to go with a radio voice. Sometimes things aren't the way you pictured they would be.

Um...he doesn't seem right to me. I pictured him smaller, more petite. He does not look so cute and cuddly Goofy-sized. Funny how you get an image in your mind and it doesn't match reality. Kind of like seeing a face to go with a radio voice. Sometimes things aren't the way you pictured they would be.

Actually, when you see him in real life, he does seem very petite! In fact, I'm fairly certain that "he" must be a small female. I am 5'1" and I was slightly taller than Oswald, which means that inside the suit, that person is probably under 5' tall. He is much smaller than Goofy, which is probably hard to tell from a picture. It is difficult to bring some of the animated characters to life as meet-and-greet characters, as the scale is always going to be an issue. However, I really think this was well done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter