Got Ohana - Can we make it?

twins6105

Earning My Ears
We are planning a last minute trip for this month and I managed to snag an Ohana reservation! We are planning a Magic Kingdom day and were hoping to see the light parade and fireworks that night. The reservation is for 5:25, parade is 8:00, fireworks are 9:00. Will we be pushing it too much to get back to MK and get a decent spot for the parade? Is Ohana really worth the trouble or should we just stay in the park? Your thoughts are appreciated!

We love Ohana so I'd say it's worth it. I don't think you'll have a problem getting back to see the parade. Getting a PRIME viewing spot...that might be hard. That's an early dining ressie, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a table, that's where I could see the "trouble" come in. As long as you're seated fairly promptly, you can almost control your own "pace" at Ohana. Then just hop the boat or the monorail and you're back, hopefully by 7:15 or so. Should be enough time to get a Decent spot.

Go for it! :thumbsup2 We had an 'Ohana ADR in January for 5:05PM. We wrapped up about 6:25PM and made it to CR by 6:45PM for the Pirates and Pal cruise. I agree with sandym718...you will probably get back to the park between 7:00-7:15PM.

Also, if you arrive at 'Ohana at 5:00PM (when they open for dinner) and check in, you might get seated a little early. You may want to ask for your check as soon as dessert arrives to help speed up the check-out process.

Enjoy! We love 'Ohana! :)

We love Ohanas so yes it is worth it.... Just tell them how you want to pace your meal. We like a slower pace but they will adjust as you need.

You may not get the "perfect" main street location, but there will be lots of good places to watch. We prefere the quiter , less crowded area of frontier land to watch parade. If the main street happens to be blocked off when you get to the MK, you can walk though the connecting stores to get down main street and not fight the crowds on the sidewalks.

Also, if you arrive at 'Ohana at 5:00PM (when they open for dinner) and check in, you might get seated a little early. You may want to ask for your check as soon as dessert arrives to help speed up the check-out process.

Both great ideas!!

We usually spend about an hour and a half at 'Ohana. I agree with those who suggested checking in at 5:00. I think you'll be fine. :goodvibes

I agree with everyone you will be fine on your time. Have a great meal :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter