Got Mystic Dunes through Hotwire...

Arich01

Mouseketeer
Hi :) We just got Mystic Dunes through Hotwire for our upcoming June trip. Can anyone give me some advice on what to expect as it didn't tell us what type of room we got. It's me, hubby, and my 9yo son. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the types of rooms there are- 1 bedroom standard vs. 1br suite :confused3 Can I request a particular room ahead of time? I'm clueless, lol!

Thanks for all of your help! :wave2:

I also got Mystic Dunes through hotwire, but we dont check in until May 19th. I was also wondering about the room size, and really hoping for a unit with a jazzuci tub

Hi guys. We got Mystic Dunes as well. Check in on the 14th. I will update you when we get checked in, but from what I have read online, the 1 bedroom standard has a mini fridge and maybe a hot plate, but no oven. The suite has a full kitchen. Even though it said "full kitchen" on Hotwire when we booked, I read another review somewhere where the person was expecting a full kitchen per Hotwire and got to the hotel and only had a mini fridge and no oven. Major bummer. We are calling ahead of time (next week) and requesting a renovated room. It can't hurt to ask, so if it matters to you, I would suggest you do the same. Good luck!

Thanks :) I guess I will give them a call. We are really wanting a full kitchen as we plan to do some lunches there. We check in 6/5.

There are so many mixed reviews online about this place! My "gut" says it's going to be nice- my only major issue would be cleanliness or really run down. As long as the refurbishments are legit, I don't see that happening.

Good luck to you all as well!

I think as long as you get a renovated room, it will be just fine. I've been worried about all the mixed reviews as well, and the photos of the pre-renovation rooms are slightly terrifying (think: dirty Miami hotel room from the 70's), but the newer rooms look totally fine. I've read that the pools and grounds outside are beautiful. I don't need a palace to stay in, but I would like for it to be up to date and clean :-)Fingers crossed!!!

I totally agree! I am not looking for 5 stars... just clean and up to date! If I wanted 5 stars, I would have ponied up the cash and we'd be staying at the GF!! :rotfl2: We plan to spend some time at the pool and the grounds do look amazing! Have fun on your trip!! :cheer2:

If you bid on a 1 bedroom this is what you will more than likely get:

Attachments

• 1_bdrm_furnished.gif
    1_bdrm_furnished.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 60
It didn't say whether or not it was a 1 bedroom when we bid on it... is that a bad thing?

It didn't say whether or not it was a 1 bedroom when we bid on it... is that a bad thing?

I don't think they're bad at all for 2 adults and a kid or two, but it would be a tight fit for more than 2 adults in my opinion. This unit is actually the smallest unit on property. My wife and I have stayed there in this particular unit many times prior to purchasing our own property close by. Depending on your family size I think you will be quite pleased all things considered.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure this is the unit size you bid on.

I don't think they're bad at all for 2 adults and a kid or two, but it would be a tight fit for more than 2 adults in my opinion. This unit is actually the smallest unit on property. My wife and I have stayed there in this particular unit many times prior to purchasing our own property close by. Depending on your family size I think you will be quite pleased all things considered.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure this is the unit size you bid on.

Thank you for your help :) I think this should be fine for us. I planned to cook some light meals (just breakfast and a couple lunches) and that seems like it will work for us!

Just wondering how the OP liked Mystic Dunes. We arrive on the 19th.

I'm not the OP, but we are here now. First thing to note is, when you walk in to check in, go to the desk on the right - the one on the left is for the timeshare presentation and they want to suck you in. Bypass it, go to the other desk, and tell them you want a renovated room. They will give you a "special ticket" at the end of check in to go to the other desk - we said "thanks!" And walked out, completely bypassing the other desk. No one batted an eye. Unless you want to waste your vacation time listening to a timeshare presentation, just don't go near the other desk.

We got a refurbished one bedroom, with a full kitchen (granite, full stove, full fridge). It has been really lovely, especially for the price since we got it off Hotwire. No complaints whatsoever. Enjoy your stay!

I'm not the OP, but we are here now. First thing to note is, when you walk in to check in, go to the desk on the right - the one on the left is for the timeshare presentation and they want to suck you in. Bypass it, go to the other desk, and tell them you want a renovated room. They will give you a "special ticket" at the end of check in to go to the other desk - we said "thanks!" And walked out, completely bypassing the other desk. No one batted an eye. Unless you want to waste your vacation time listening to a timeshare presentation, just don't go near the other desk.

We got a refurbished one bedroom, with a full kitchen (granite, full stove, full fridge). It has been really lovely, especially for the price since we got it off Hotwire. No complaints whatsoever. Enjoy your stay!
Thanks for replying. We check in Tuesday!! Also got the deal through Hotwire.

One quick question is there a supermarket or Walmart close by? We want a few drinks/snacks before checking in

We got in really late and the only thing nearby (within a 15 minute drive) that was open was a Target (in Kissimme). It was like 15 minutes away, and there is a Publix across the street from it (but it was closed when we got in at like 11 pm, haha). The nearest Walmart is like 30 minutes away (according to google maps), which was way further than we wanted to drive :rotfl: have a great vacation!

We are here. Arrived about 7pm and was checked in very quickly. Requested a renovated room and was told "it is only a request but I will see what I can do". She did assign us a 4th floor renovated room. A one bedroom. The bed is huge and the sofa bed has a memory foam matress. We were not able to use the pools due to lightening, we plan on exploring the resort tomorrow

Thank you for the tips! We don't check in for another 16 days and am glad to hear you are enjoying the room!

Have a wonderful vacation!!! :cool1:

I am curious...what was Mystic Dunes listed as on Hotwire? I really like it there! I can book it directly for about $90 a night for a 2 bedroom but wouldn't mind paying less!

We are here. Arrived about 7pm and was checked in very quickly. Requested a renovated room and was told "it is only a request but I will see what I can do". She did assign us a 4th floor renovated room. A one bedroom. The bed is huge and the sofa bed has a memory foam matress. We were not able to use the pools due to lightening, we plan on exploring the resort tomorrow

Keep us posted. We may stay there in August though our timeshare exchange. We've been also looking at the Westgate Town Center, but the two bedroom we can get there is the smaller room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter