Got back two weeks ago, miss it, but had just an OK time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have to say I hope you weren't serious. What a horrible thing to do to a child to just leave them out of a vacation.

Instead of putting this under the community board, why not start a new board titled...

wah wah wah every one ruined my trip.

Wow to even blame foster children for your bummer trip when they weren't even there....

I really do hope your down and negative attitude doesn't rub off on the poor kids. At least you got to go.....

Sounds ideal to me.:thumbsup2

OP--I've been a foster parent, too. I understand the need to have a respite from that kind of demanding care once in a while. However, I cannot understand leaving some kids at home while others went to WDW with mom and dad. If you needed a break, why not take a weekend with your DH?

IMO, WDW is the perfect place for kids--especially high maintenance kids. Everyone is so accommodating, the atmosphere is so enticing and thrilling that most kids do very well there! I regret that we were never able to take our foster kids with us to that most magical place (although taking one to the ocean for his first time was a treat for all of us!)

Wow it amazes me how judgemental some people can be. Do you have nothing better to do than sit on a discussion board and bash/judge another person when you do not know one thing about who they are as a person or what they are all about. Why get so wrapped up in another person's life when it doesn't affect you?

Concentrate on what you are doing to make a difference in this world and what good you can contribute instead of sitting on a chat judging someone else!

I am a mother and love children, it breaks my heard to see a child suffer. Come on people.....there are bigger problems in this world than a foster mother not bringing all her kids to Disneyword.

Concentrate on what you are doing to make a difference in this world and what good you can contribute instead of sitting on a chat judging someone else!

Is that what you are doing right now? ;)

Wow it amazes me how judgemental some people can be. Do you have nothing better to do than sit on a discussion board and bash/judge another person when you do not know one thing about who they are as a person or what they are all about. Why get so wrapped up in another person's life when it doesn't affect you?

I am a mother and love children, it breaks my heard to see a child suffer. Come on people.....there are bigger problems in this world than a foster mother not bringing all her kids to Disneyword.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone contradict themselves so quickly :rolleyes1 .

I've just read the whole thread and all I can say is "Wow", just "Wow":sad2: And if the OP really just wrote this to "stir the pot", then again, "Wow" :sad2: If not, the standards for foster parents in their state must be very, very low! I have a cousin who fostered children (approximately 18) for over 5 years and those children were treated just as if they were her own biological children. Some she had for only a month or so and some for several years, but you can bet your booty every single one of them were treated as a part of the family while they were there.

Too bad the OP had such a disappointing time. Could it be they ended up having a conscience?

You left your foster kids behind? They didn't get to go on vacation with your family? When you take in foster kids don't they become part of your family even if it isn't permanently.

If I were the 6 year old, I'd poop in retaliation too.

I agree... My sister, a single woman, took in foster children and always included them in vacations.

I would think you should have been ready for some retaliation. Yes, you have to get paperwork to take the children out of state but come on can you imagine having the whole family going to Disney and leaving you at home???

I would think you should have been ready for some retaliation. Yes, you have to get paperwork to take the children out of state but come on can you imagine having the whole family going to Disney and leaving you at home???

It gets worse believe it or not.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18879924&postcount=21

Can you iamgine how these poor kids felt for those 6 months leading up to the "real" families Disney trip.

Op I nominate you for the "Uncaring ***** of the year" award , no doubt you'll win by a landslide :thumbsup2

It gets worse believe it or not.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18879924&postcount=21

Can you iamgine how these poor kids felt for those 6 months leading up to the "real" families Disney trip.

Op I nominate you for the "Uncaring ***** of the year" award , no doubt you'll win by a landslide :thumbsup2

I hope that she just didn't have the foster children at the time she wrote that post. Because otherwise, it's just too unimaginable. My heart would break for those poor kids.

That is just beyond sad. Now I know it's not a post just to get a rise out of people. Poor foster kids.:sad1:

This now needs to be closed.

Again - the OP did not ask for a discussion on parenting, so there was no need to move this to the community board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter