Got a ridiculous deal...also got sick. WWYD?

AnastasiaTremaine

"I will bring it back for science!!"
We live about 3hrs from the World, but haven't been in nearly two years (new baby in the fam, vacations to other destination, blah). I've been jonesin' for a trip pretty badly since the beginning of the year & really wanted to catch a trip before summer kicks in.

This is the weekend! It's here! I waited till this week to book a condo (look, I can't believe we're staying off-property either, but my mom is coming to help with the baby & we need the room) and I got a deal that is, well, incredible (gorgeous resort, three bedrooms; three nights' total is less than a night at CSR).

And alas, I have now come down with something aching my neck, my back & my face intermittently. The kids don't know about this trip at all. I haven't confirmed my reservation yet. No parks till Friday (I could be well by then! Or dying.)

I am conflicted.

Would you book it & hope for the best & enjoy the last of the pre-summer insanity?
Or would you call the whole thing off in the face of mystery illness and wait patiently until...September? :faint:

I'd get to the doctor before making any decisions... It could be something easily fixable (and no reason to cancel), it could be something you'll need to cancel your plans for. Without a diagnosis, there's no point in making a decision.

See the doctor, if it's something antibiotics can treat, you could feel significantly better by Fri after taking 2-3 days worth of meds.

I agree that it's worth checking with the doctor, but given how rare the Disney vacation is, I'd say that unless you are really in bad shape, go anyway. In the words of a great American philosopher (Jesse Ventura's character in Predator)-you aint got time to bleed!

Have you gone to the dr yet? I wouldn't rule out going until you see a dr and find out what's wrong.

We live about 3hrs from the World, but haven't been in nearly two years (new baby in the fam, vacations to other destination, blah). I've been jonesin' for a trip pretty badly since the beginning of the year & really wanted to catch a trip before summer kicks in.

This is the weekend! It's here! I waited till this week to book a condo (look, I can't believe we're staying off-property either, but my mom is coming to help with the baby & we need the room) and I got a deal that is, well, incredible (gorgeous resort, three bedrooms; three nights' total is less than a night at CSR).

And alas, I have now come down with something aching my neck, my back & my face intermittently. The kids don't know about this trip at all. I haven't confirmed my reservation yet. No parks till Friday (I could be well by then! Or dying.)

I am conflicted.

Would you book it & hope for the best & enjoy the last of the pre-summer insanity?
Or would you call the whole thing off in the face of mystery illness and wait patiently until...September? :faint
:

I'd get to the doctor before making any decisions... It could be something easily fixable (and no reason to cancel), it could be something you'll need to cancel your plans for. Without a diagnosis, there's no point in making a decision.

::yes:: Know what you are dealing with before proceeding further, it could swing either way:goodvibes

Unless I really couldn't walk or breathe, I'd be going!!!!

I got sick last year and it really ruined our vacation. I didn't know anything about the hospitals and we were so far away from home. I would check it out with the Dr or wait.

I have cancer and I caught a virus in early March that landed me in the hospital for 10 days. I just happened to be at WDW the three days prior but obviously can't blame it on that- I could have caught it anywhere. Still, unless I knew I was not actively contagious I would not subject other people to my illness. You never know who is also visiting WDW who might be immunocompromised. Of course, people may never know they're contagious.....but I'm just saying that if you think you might be, definitely have a Dr. check you out. You also want to feel better for your trip AND to get to go with your awesome deal!

My husband got sick on our last trip- He was probably exposed before left but he was so miserable because disney is not relaxing he made the rest of us miserable- I would wait until you are better.

Thank you - all of you, for your replies!

My husband came home & chalked it up to my semi-annual sinus infection. 48 hours later, indeed, I'm fine. We are here, the condo is even more gorgeous than I'd expected, the parks are amazing, obviously & I am super grateful that the illness didn't push me from coming. Phew!

Thank you - all of you, for your replies!

My husband came home & chalked it up to my semi-annual sinus infection. 48 hours later, indeed, I'm fine. We are here, the condo is even more gorgeous than I'd expected, the parks are amazing, obviously & I am super grateful that the illness didn't push me from coming. Phew!

:wave2:,I'm glad you're feeling much better! Have a great time pixiedust::beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter