Got a PIN code

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
I got an e-mail from Disney Destinations yesterday acknowledging my recent interest in a vacation to WDW in August. The e-mail went on to say that as an incentive to book I could get a discount using the PIN code attached to the e-mail. This is weird because my recent interest was for free dining in November not a vacation in August. I already have rooms booked for November and have no interest in August. Why is it that a PIN code arrives when you can't use it? Maybe next time.

There really is no rhyme or reason with PIN codes. I used to get them all the time from 2008-2010 and did use a few of them. After 2010, nothing. Go figure.

Save up to 30%*
on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels in August.

I get them 3-4 times per year and always for times that we don't go. I imagine that, since they already know that I typically go in December, they'd like me to go either again (i.e., in addition to December) or to go when they have a harder time filling rooms. They're not giving them out to help you out at a time you're already planning - they want you to go more or at times of benefit to them. I've never been able to take advantage of one (although I will admit to looking at them and thinking about the logistics so perhaps they know what they're doing. Maybe one day...).

EDIT: Just got a PIN for 30% discount on deluxe hotels for the times we go in December. DH had been on the fence about going but that pushed us over the edge so we took advantage and now we're going to go.

Last edited:
I have not been to Disney since 2008. I used to get PIN codes at least 4 times per year since then. I had been waiting for one for free dining as I usually get one before it comes to the general public. I didn't get one and missed FD by four days. And I had been waiting all year for it. I almost missed the boat...:o

I miss those things.....used to get them in two of my email addresses. Last few years, nothin'. :(

I keep getting them to the address associated with my Kindle that i had with us last fall .... the one that came through last night is for 35% off Deluxe/villas and includes free park hoppers ... haffa go before the 25th of August though. I think it's too hot HERE in August ... even if they paid me i wouldn't step foot in Orlando!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter