• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got a pin, can't believe it! Followed advice on momtobryncess' thread.

well that is really weird, I just went back to check out my itinerary again and there were savedvacations in my vacation profile, what is really weird is when I originally went in to delete saved vacations there was only one vacation to delete, but today there were 3 more(old ones that I had deleted weeks ago) very strange, hopefully whatever glitch happened is the reason I hadn't received my pin codes :confused3

I also suggest that everyone open a yahoo account. I just did and it took literally 2 minutes, if that. Im going to sign on to Disney tomorrow (I dont think anyone is there today to click on whatever they need to click on to send Emails) and start fresh.

Cant hurt!

Still no PINs here. I started tinkering with the itineraries last Tuesday. :( There must be something additional that is triggering the PINs than what has been described here -- or, they are randomly distributed within the group of people who are doing the itinerary tricks.

Could be. I know we often have raffles at my work place. Everyone (2000+ employees) enters via Email. The girl in charge scrolls down the received Emails and randomly stops and picks a winner (or 20 or whater the raffle is for..)

Did you see the views on this thread? Over 3000. How many got pins? 20ish?

Help, I can't figure out how to delete my previous initernary. I followed the instruction on listing a new one, but can't seem to delete a old one.

I just wanted to add that I helped another friend who is planning his first trip with his family, and he really wants to stay at the Polynesian. After two weeks of waiting, I had him go into his account, do the "saving itinerary" trick, and sure enough, he got the 20/30/40 pin!!! I didn't see him at work for a few days, so I am not sure exactly how long it took after we saved an itinerary, but it was definitely within 4 to 5 days!

I just created a Yahoo account over the weekend. If I gave you the info, can you do mine on the Disney site! ?? (Im serious!)

I gave your advice a try.

1. I didn't have previous itinerary to erase (first time entry)
2. Mid July visit, one week stay
3. Indicated off-site accomodations
4. Indicated that I'd buy tix when I got there
5. I ordered a planning DVD
6. In doing all of the above, I didn't have to buy anything. I just let Disney know of my plans.

Also: I've been registered on their website for at least five years now.

If I were in the Disney marketing department, this would be the customer that I'd like to stay on-site. Let's see if it works; I'll give it a week or so.

I just created a Yahoo account over the weekend. If I gave you the info, can you do mine on the Disney site! ?? (Im serious!)

If you would like to pm me, I will pm you back with a detailed "navigation" on how to do the save itinerary thing. I will also try to post same, I was just afraid it might be too long, but I will try. :)

:banana:OMG!OMG!OMG! I just got a pin in e-mail for 20/30/40!!!! WOOHOO! I feel like I have won the lottery!:banana:

I can't frickin' believe it!!!! I am not sure what triggered it but I did follow the advice on this thread about the itineraries!

FINALLY!!! First emailed pin ever! It is the 20/30/40. Adding an itinerary with no accomodations selected definitely must have triggered it, because this is what it reads:

We’re delighted you’ve been making plans online with My Disney Vacation! Since you’re still looking for accommodations, we invite you to explore total Disney magic with a Disney Resort stay at a great rate. It’s a wonderful way to experience a wonderland of nonstop Disney enchantment 24 hours a day—plus the benefits of staying at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel!

It took about 3 days to receive. I am very happy! :banana:

Good luck y'all!!

Denise

YES I got it!!!!! I followed the directions closely and I finally got it!!!! Im so happy. :cool1:

I wanted to add that I followed these directions too and got my pin today. but for people waiting, I did this almost a week ago, and just got the pin today. Sometime over the weekend I went in and saved a few offers, but left the itinerary as not needing a disney resort hotel.

I got the coveted pin today! I followed the advice and changed it on Thursday and I just got it today. Now i am off to price my fall trip,

What advice or trick did you follow. Just wondering we've been trying most of them but maybe we missed one. Thanks

I got the coveted pin today! I followed the advice and changed it on Thursday and I just got it today. Now i am off to price my fall trip,

I changed my Thursday too - thought I was out of luck, but maybe there's still hope! My mailman is coming right now - maybe it'll come by mail...

I finally got mine today! But, not on my account, on the one I set up under DH's email address, I definitely think they were on to me :lmao:

Now my question is can I book online or do I have to call? Would I be able to do it or does DH have to??

Regardless, doing the happy dance and SO excited I am not twisting in the wind waiting for free dining anymore!

:woohoo:

I finally got mine today! But, not on my account, on the one I set up under DH's email address, I definitely think they were on to me :lmao:

Now my question is can I book online or do I have to call? Would I be able to do it or does DH have to??

Regardless, doing the happy dance and SO excited I am not twisting in the wind waiting for free dining anymore!

:woohoo:

I would go with putting the reservation under whoever's name the pain came under whether you book online or call.

:banana::banana::banana:

It worked for me too! Found this thread last thursday... followed the advice and deleted my saved offers then created an itinerary that I was staying off site.

When I first checked my email this morning I was depressed because I didnt get any emails from Disney Destinations... A few minutes ago I decided to check my email again and there it was! Took 4 days to get it but I am so excited because this means we can take a quick getaway for our anniversary in October:lovestruc

I do have a question...has anyone used this pin for just 2 or 3 nights? The email only says minimum stays required if checking in Fri-Sat...but doesnt say anything about thru the week. I'm going to call and get some quotes... hoping to stay on a monorail resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter