Got a peek at Osbourne lights

mitros

<font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<
If you go to Disney MGM studios between now and Thanksgiving, you can watch them putting up all the christmas lights. And if you stay around till dark, they will be lit up as they are testing the system. No lines, no crowds.:earseek: :hyper:

Yes, I was there in the middle of October and saw the workers stringing the lights. I can't imagine how they figure out which bulb is bad if a string doesn't light.

Osborne Family Lights are one of my favorites-we'll be there to see them the first week in December. Can't wait to see the new display. For those of you who saw them getting put up-do you think the new display will show off the lights as well as before?

Originally posted by DukeStreetKing
Yes, I was there in the middle of October and saw the workers stringing the lights. I can't imagine how they figure out which bulb is bad if a string doesn't light.

Lights haven't worked like that in years.

So any comparsions between this year and past years??? Are they bigger or smaller, is the setup as nice???

More details please,

Where and what are they decorating now that residential street is gone.

I think so Bob O, I believe I'm going to be pleasantly surprised when we're there in 3 weeks. Basically, the spot that used to be the enterance to the display is now the end of it.... unless there is more then we could see in Oct.

Well, all of the city buildings are TOTALLY covered in lights. They have all of the trees and the spinning displays from previous years up and that red "tent" of lights is now down the side street by Youse guys moichendise. We did not see anything on the NY city backdrops at the end of the street where you went towards Muppet vision though. The blue angels still criss cross in the air at the oposite end of the NY backdrops. And they have also covered the area over the new rest rooms by the yet unfinished motor stunt show.

Well I'm going over there next weekend- any chance of seeing them then? I thought there might be a passholder preview, but I don't see anything about that, so I guess they won't be open. I know that spectacle of pins thing is on Saturday, so I know it will be blocked off that night. Just wasn't sure I wanted to pay 50 bucks to see it that night.

Well, I don't know what the festival of pins is, but do you mean they will block off the NY street for this event.? Sounds odd. Anyway, there is no pass holder preview or anything like that , you just walk back there after it gets dark and the lights will be on.

Ok thanks mitros. Yes next Sat. there is a pin event going on, and a part of that package is supposed to be a private viewing of the lights, so I assume they'll have it blocked off for everyone but those people that night. But I'll try Friday or Sunday and see if they have any on.

I've read on other threads that the passholder preview is on Friday night.
The spectacle of pins is taking place on saturday night and it is my understanding that it will be closed off to the general public for this event.

:wave2: princess:

Sounds like Sunday night will be the time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter