Got a Nintendo Wii

AlanUK

<font color=blue>UK Trip Planning & Trip Reports M
Woo Hoo :banana: :banana:

I had been umming and ahhing about getting one of these for the last few weeks and had sort of resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't get one as I hadn't pre-ordered :(

Anyway this afternoon I was browsing the web and came across the Wii page on Amazon which said they would have limited availabilty between 3pm and 4pm, and as it was 2:58 anyway I thought why not give it a go. After about 2 minutes of refreshing with nothing happening I sort of got sucked into the excitement of just trying to get one to see if I could :hyper: and kept refreshing the page....eventually they appeared for sale and I actually managed to be quick enough to bag one before they sold out :teeth:

So it's coming tomorrow before 1pm and I am rather looking forward to it, I will only have the Wii sports game that is included with the console, but I like sports games and it is the game that looks most interesting of all the launch titles.

Anyone else got one or looking to get one for Christmas??

If you've got one please post and tell us what you think of it :)

I'm hoping one may turn up in the pile of pressies, but it's not up me, unfortunately.

Zelda looks awesome - but I just pray that the Wii doesn't go the way of the GC and N64 - Nintendo seem to have a habit recently for completely ignoring the European market and believing the sun shines out of their backside. The 360 still bores me and at least the PS3 has been delayed to give Ninty a chance - fingers crossed the games keep coming!

Let us know what it's like - Tennis and Golf look like they could be a bit of a laugh!

I'm not really a games person Alan, so this means nothing to me. Sounds exciting though ~ Glad you mananged to get one :thumbsup2

I'm waiting on one from Amazon for my DS13's Christmas surprise - he doesn't have a clue! I also ordered Need for Speed: Carbon and Wii Play which includes the Wiimote controller. I think I may have pre-ordered one from Comet too... :crazy: :rotfl2: :crazy:

Well done! Some of us will be "expecting" a full report Alan. ;)

Hoping, once I get the job front sorted out, to get one in the new year. :thumbsup2

Take your time with the Wiimote Alan - I've read stories of people getting a bit carried away and the Wiimotes going through their TV screens LOL

Game had a big queue today in Aberdeen as the Wii was flying of the shelves.
Looks a great piece of kit if you are in to games :goodvibes

Goofyish said:
Take your time with the Wiimote Alan - I've read stories of people getting a bit carried away and the Wiimotes going through their TV screens LOL

Hmmm that may not actually be a bad thing as I am trying to persuade DW that we need a new 40" HD LCD TV anyway ;)

Oh, I wish I'd known. Dd is desperate to get one for her boyfriend's birthday on 18th December. His name's Wai, so it's a Wii for Wai. :teeth:

Let me know if you hear of anything like this happening again, Alan.

Nice one, Alan, you were really lucky to get one, that is great. Be sure to let us know what it's like. :goodvibes

ArielJasmine princess:

Well done! DD tried to order one this week in the shops, but she had left it too late. She queued up for 3 hours this evening in a games shop in Birmingham but again no joy.

I've been begging for one of those, But no luck so far.

Lucky you! :cheer2:

Bf got his this morning. He preordered from Gamestation weeks ago but the games were first come first served so he got the 5:30am bus for the 7am opening, crazy boy :rolleyes:
I haven't had much of a look in yet but the Wii sports seems good fun :)

AlanUK said:
Hmmm that may not actually be a bad thing as I am trying to persuade DW that we need a new 40" HD LCD TV anyway ;)

Alan,

Not to self, Dont use the hand strap that is on the Wiimote to ensure TV damage. ;)

Congratulations on getting one
we were playing the bowling in ToysRus today
all sold out first thing this morning

please let us know what you think of it tomorrow

Hi All.

My Wii arrived this morning,we should have had it yesterday,but the courier Argos used didn't hang around long for Karen to get to the door when he called yesterday morning.

We've got the Wii which comes with a remote and Wii Sports plus Rayman Raving Rabbids and Zelda Twilight Princess.I'm just waiting for karen and the girls to come home from town before I set it up.All three games look awesome.If you haven't check out Raving Rabbids look at www.raymanzone.co.uk and check out the Rabbid videos.Bunnies can't cook eggs is my favourite.

I will let you know what it's like when we've all had a go.

Jon.

No Wii for me today in the end :(

It was dispatched on time by Amazon last night but I had a bad feeling when I saw that they had used City Link as the courier company as I have never had anything turn up on time using City Link.......this turned out to be no exception :rolleyes:

I spoke to Amazon customer support and got my express delivery charge refunded but at the end of the day I would rather have had a Wii. Now I will have to wait until monday so that they can turn up and take it back to the depot whilst we are all out :sad2: and then I can collect it the next day.

I really wish they would send these things out with Royal Mail, it's so much more convenient!

AlanUK said:
No Wii for me today in the end :(

It was dispatched on time by Amazon last night but I had a bad feeling when I saw that they had used City Link as the courier company as I have never had anything turn up on time using City Link.......this turned out to be no exception :rolleyes:

I spoke to Amazon customer support and got my express delivery charge refunded but at the end of the day I would rather have had a Wii. Now I will have to wait until monday so that they can turn up and take it back to the depot whilst we are all out :sad2: and then I can collect it the next day.

I really wish they would send these things out with Royal Mail, it's so much more convenient!

Oh what a shame Alan, :grouphug: never mind you will enjoy it all the more when you finally get it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter