got a new stove HELP!

wifey1220

DIS Veteran
I am hosting thanksgiving and just got a new oven delivered. I am so nervous. Dh talked me into getting a convection oven. I am reading thru the manual and I think I can use it as convection or conventional. I think. It has this quick bake feature and I am pretty sure that is the convection part. It says when using quick bake foods will cook faster and at a lower temp. Does anyone have one of these frigidaire quick bake ovens. I need help!!!
I always cook my turkey in one of those reynolds turkey bags. I love them quick easy and juicy turkey. But they say not to use in convection oven. So I think as long as I dont use the quick bake feature I can still use the turkey bag. But I am not sure. And I really dont want to ruin thanksgiving. Please help!!!

I'm sorry I don't have that type of stove, but my microwave is a convection combo. Some things are great convection, others not as great. I haven't tried to cook meat in it.

If I understand this correctly, your oven is also conventional. If that's right that's how I would cook my turkey, just like you always do. I wouldn't experiment on my special occasion turkey without more feedback and info first.

Maybe experiment next week on something like chicken and have a back up plan ready. Go with the safe bet for the turkey.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter