got a new stove HELP!

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by wifey1220, Nov 21, 2011.

1. wifey1220

wifey1220 DIS Veteran

I am hosting thanksgiving and just got a new oven delivered. I am so nervous. Dh talked me into getting a convection oven. I am reading thru the manual and I think I can use it as convection or conventional. I think. It has this quick bake feature and I am pretty sure that is the convection part. It says when using quick bake foods will cook faster and at a lower temp. Does anyone have one of these frigidaire quick bake ovens. I need help!!!
    I always cook my turkey in one of those reynolds turkey bags. I love them quick easy and juicy turkey. But they say not to use in convection oven. So I think as long as I dont use the quick bake feature I can still use the turkey bag. But I am not sure. And I really dont want to ruin thanksgiving. Please help!!!

2. disneyhand

disneyhand DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I don't have that type of stove, but my microwave is a convection combo. Some things are great convection, others not as great. I haven't tried to cook meat in it.

If I understand this correctly, your oven is also conventional. If that's right that's how I would cook my turkey, just like you always do. I wouldn't experiment on my special occasion turkey without more feedback and info first.

Maybe experiment next week on something like chicken and have a back up plan ready. Go with the safe bet for the turkey.

Good luck!