Got a Cricut E for Christmas! What are your favorite and least favorite carts?

StefnMike

Mouseketeer
My mom spoiled me rotten with a cricut E. :cool1:
I am so excited. Besides the carts that it came with, she got me Beyond Birthdays, the Jukebox, a spatula and the toolkit.

I have a list of the carts that I want to get but i was curious...

What carts do you have? What to you use the most? the least?

I can't say that I have one that I don't like yet! I got my E last Christmas and love it. I just got a bunch of cartridges for Christmas, you'll want to watch for sales. Michaels and AC Moore have some decent sales, Mikes usually has a good sale Thanksgiving night. I got a couple there and found a couple of sites with good sale prices, custom crops and cricut machine, both dot coms. They had some great sale prices, I was looking for storybook for myself and a friend and was able to purchase them for 24 and change from custom crops, we split the shipping so the total was slightly less than Mikes sale price.

I just got the two paper dolls carts and can't wait to try them out.

Congrats on your E ... what a great gift ... you are going to love it! I actually bought my first Cricut because I found out they would be making Disney carts ... I believe there are 9 Disney carts now and I have them all ... even Hannah Montana (never thought I'd get that one). Since you're posting on the Disboards I'm assuming you're a Disney fan too. Mickey Font, Pooh Font and Hannah Montana all have fonts as well as shapes on them which is always a plus when you're staring out buying cartridges. I also love both Paper Dolls carts. Also a good place to look is over on the Cricut website in their products section ... it will give you an idea of what is on each cart. A lot of the newer carts have a font even on the shape carts.

Most used:
Alphalicious
paper dolls
george and basic shapes
plantin schoolbook
opposites attract
stone script

least used:
jasmine
calligraphy collection
Disney Princess
paper pups
baseball
tags bags boxes and more

I own approx 35 carts. All of which I have used at some point or another, depending on the project.

Congrat's on the nice Xmas gift, sounds like you have a very loving Mom! I just recently got my Cricut E. from hsn.com, it was a bundle deal. I have learned so much from the nice ladies here on the scrapbooking board.

It's true Mike's has one awesome Turkey Day sale! I bought 6 carts all Disney that night and saved a bunch. Many people have told me that they also buy there carts on Ebay.

I use Mickey font all the time! It is my most used font. I also use opposites attract a lot. I just got A Child's Year and I am loving it also.

most used: Jasmine, Mickey font, Mickey & friends, Pooh & friends, Disney princess carts

least used: george, celebrations

I have girls and we have been mostly workin on Disney albums lately. I got both paper doll carts for Christmas and love them!!

My favorites recently are Everyday Paper Dolls and Life's a Beach. Honestly, I use SCAL a lot more than anything lately though.

you are going to have so much fun!!
Least used is Jasmine -- the letters are too small, celebrations and walk in my garden
my favorite fonts have been - cutting up, mickey font, and believe it or not hannah montana has a bunch of great fonts on it.
I love the paper dolls carts becuase they have a ton of extras on them.
depending on what you are working on - will depend what carts you like or will use.
have fun
Jennifer

Before you invest in a lot of font carts, you should consider whether or not you are interested in SCAL -- Sure Cuts a Lot. If you don't already now, this is a software program that you purchase for about $70??? that allows you to cut any true type font. I use SCAL more than my cricut fonts now because there are limitless fonts available for free and it is so much easier to weld and shadow.

My favorite font carts are:
Storybook
Mickey Font
Stamped (I don't think you will find another vote for this one!)

Least Favorite:
Jasmine

Shape Carts -- these really depend on what you will be working on I use these frequently
Paper Dolls
Graphically Speaking
Mickey & Friends, both Princess Carts, both Pooh Carts
Animal Kingdom
Sports Mania
Christmas Cheer

I don't use these much
ZooBalloo (except for the vines, mountains and waves)
Printing Press
Fabulous Finds

I really wish cricut would come out with a Halloween Cart. I did find a bunch of stuff to cut on SCAL this year, but I would like the convenience of a cart.

Congrats on your E!

I have way too many carts, but I love my Cricut. I'd say the most fussy font I've used is Jasmine, the letters are very thin in places and it's just hard for me to work with. I've used the Micky Font and the Mickey shapes a lot, I like the Storybook cart for flourishes and Swirls, George is a good basic all round utility type cart.

I order from Cindy at stampingscrapping.com. Nice person, great service, easy to do business with...I've also ordered carts from ebay and bought them at M's on sale.

I love Lyrical Letters, but it peeves me that there are no shadows! I try to use CDS to make them, but it really should just have a shadow for each.

I also love Alphalicious, my daughter is really girly, so it works for pretty much all her stuff!

I use Life's a Beach the most by far! I also love Animal Kingdom and I just got Destinations for Xmas and I know that will get a lot of use.

I totally agree about SCAL I use it all the time as well. And I agree with the PP about a Halloween/Fall one, what are they waiting for?

My least favorites have to be the classmates cartridges. I have not really used any of them (had 6- sold 2 on craigs list). I also sold Zoo Balloo. Between that one and Animal Kingdom I like the latter.

Now if you do a lof of disney swaps or disney scrapping I would definetly get those. I have all of them, except for Hanna Montana (but have only good things about this cart). I even have Tinkerbell and i have no girls.

I find myself using George a lot for the shapes. Font wise I like Sesame Font, Hello Kitty font, Mickey Font. I love A Childs Year. I have not gotten to use it yet, but I love the images and a font on it. I just got Batman, Elmos Party and the limited edition Snow Friends today. I got those from scrappersmusthaves. Try ebay also for good deals on carts.

If you do buy off of Ebay make sure that the listing says that the cart is not already linked to a Gypsy. It is illegal to sell a linked cart but there have been posts on the Cricut board where people have bought off Ebay and discovered that they are already linked to a G.

I use my Doodlecharms a lot for accents, and I just got Wild Card (mostly because I loved the owl on the front, but I'm also really looking forward to using the frames). I think I want the Mickey Font next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter