Gosh It's Warm

two*little*birds

DIS Veteran
Oh my goodness, they are predicting the weather to get even hotter with a high tomorrow of 37 degrees celsius!:scared: That doesn't even include the humidex!

Our pool was 90 degrees the last two days, no heat and no cover on.

Thank goodness for A/C! :worship:

I love it! But then, I get into my car and don't roll the windows down or turn on the air conditioning most summer days, so I'm probably one of the exceptions here! DW definitely won't let me keep the windows up when she's in the car with me! :rotfl:

I wonder if it's actually going to be cooler in Florida than it is here in Winnipeg when we head down next week?

I wonder if it's actually going to be cooler in Florida than it is here in Winnipeg when we head down next week?

If you had been here this past week, it certainly would have been. The recent heat wave affecting the rest of North America hasn't really hit Florida. We've actually had a fair bit of weather the last few days, thanks, oddly enough, to Tropical Storm Bret sitting off the eastern coast.

The heat is moving eastward, though. Orlando is predicted to hover in the mid-30s Celsius next week, while Environment Canada predicts Winnipeg will generally be in the high-20s.

I would much prefer to be back in Canada this time of year, truth be told. While you eventually acclimate to the humidity in Florida, you never really get used to it unless you're originally from here :laughing:.

Wow!

I might as well be in Orlando right now then:P

In southern Ontario we are hitting the low 30's.....with today hitting a wonderful 34 degrees. I'm thrilled. And that doesn't even include the humidex. And the rest of the week....32, 30. Fantastic. This has been our worst stretch of 10 days all summer. It can end anytime!!!!!

Try not to complain folks....our summer season is soooooo short and the snow will be here again before you know it.

I may get beaten for this but i much prefer winter. if you are cold you can put on clothes, in the summer you can only get so naked...and they frown on that here at work. hahahahaha. I do hate extreme temps, summer or winter. give me 23 degrees and i am a happy boy.

Try not to complain folks....our summer season is soooooo short and the snow will be here again before you know it.
:thumbsup2

I may get beaten for this but i much prefer winter. if you are cold you can put on clothes, in the summer you can only get so naked...and they frown on that here at work. hahahahaha. I do hate extreme temps, summer or winter. give me 23 degrees and i am a happy boy.
My DD and I just had this conversation 20 minutes ago. She actually used that exact line on me, but I hate the cold. I agree that my preference would be hot days (28-30) (hmmm. I guess those are just WARM, aren't they? :rotfl: ) , with cool nights (16-17) for sleeping. But, for now, I'm not complaining tooooooo much. ;) At least when we have this heat, the grass doesn't need to be cut every other day!

I'm with the winter folk. Sorry:s BUT the uniform I gotta wear for work...anything above 20 degrees and I'm starting to sweat. Polyester flame retartent pants, in navy and heavy cotton shirts, in navy. WAY to hot for the summer. Plus, standing outside for parts of my job, the dark color makes you roast. Now, if I was, perhaps, sitting in a pool sipping on a cool drink, then a toasty 30 degrees wouldn't be so bad:D

I can wear my parka, gloves and toque in the winter and keep warm...but in the summer, not much I can take off:P

Meanwhile, here on the West (wet) Coast, we're still waiting for summer. I can count on 1 hand how many times I've worn shorts & a tee :sad1: Right now it's 15 and should be well into the 20's :eek:

Current Weather Thurs. Jul 21, 2011, 14:00 EDT Pearson Airport
Toronto, ON 37°C
Partly cloudy
Feels Like : 49°C :scared1:
Wind : W 35km/h
Wind gusts : 44km/h
Sunrise : 5:56
Sunset : 20:53
Relative Humidity : 48

My daughter is home for a few weeks from teaching in Cairo. It feels hotter here, than in Cairo today! And she had been looking forward to the 'cool' Canadian summer!:rotfl:

Just checked Weather Canada, and our humidex is sitting at 47!!!!!!:scared1:

Ugh- just stepped outside and even in the shade it feels like I'm sitting in a spa steambath.

So the west coast is still unseasonably cool? Maybe I need to check my airmiles and see if a visit to the relatives in Victoria is doable.

Our temp just jumped up to 17 :rolleyes: And I can see patches of blue, wooohoo!

Still waiting for summer :rolleyes1

Can`t believe the heat - spent a few minutes in the pool cooling off and within five minutes of coming out my bathing suit was practically dry! I don`t remember it ever being this hot before...

MouseGirl

I never complain in the winter. If I'm cold, it's because I did not dress properly or because I am not moving fast enough. Whereas on days like this, humidex 46/116, there is NOTHING I can do to alleviate the heat. Even if society would let me walk around naked, it wouldn't be enough...

Meanwhile, I don't understand how people can claim to "love" summer...and yet have air conditioning in their houses.

I never complain in the winter. If I'm cold, it's because I did not dress properly or because I am not moving fast enough. Whereas on days like this, humidex 46/116, there is NOTHING I can do to alleviate the heat. Even if society would let me walk around naked, it wouldn't be enough...

Meanwhile, I don't understand how people can claim to "love" summer...and yet have air conditioning in their houses.

Right, because you totally take that in-house air conditioning with you when you go outside for all the summer activities.... :sad2:

This time last week I was wearing a sweatshirt, I much prefer this weather. Our summers are so short, this year especially with the cold, we spring. I won't complain. there are so many people out there that have gone through some major weather with floods and tornados, I consider myself lucky to have a few days of heat ( I don't have AC at home or work).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter