Google Glass

wildcatbn

Earning My Ears
I was glad to hear some of the Podcast crew got into the Glass explorers club. I was also excepted but the hefty price and flying from South Dakota to LA kinda is making me hesitate.

How many more Disers got the invite? Would be great to get a meet up going in LA maybe we all can hit Disneyland with our Glass after we get them.

Bob N.

Lawsuits for what no different then a cell phone with a camera. In fact better you can see the person is wearing it, a cell phone can be hidden in a pocket in your shirt and take video all day long. Not to mention the 1000s of video cameras hidden all over the place in every store, bar, and theme park. I see it as personal protection for yourself. They film you now you can film them and they can't erase it.

Everyone is getting hung up on the video camera and it's not like it is new technology just you wear it on your face and not carry it in your hand. So lawsuits no I don't think so.

It's not new tech it just takes the tech from your pocket (cell phone) and puts it in a location that you can see the notification without digging in your pocket. It can give you google navigation maybe even street view (should come in handy for finding the bathroom around haunted mansion). Voice activated pictures and video, time, weather, twitter updates, and maybe facebook.

This isn't a consumption device leave that to the tablets. You won't watch video for long periods of time on it. Think looking at your eyebrow for a hour long movie. Not even sure you will listen to podcasts on it. The speaker is some type of vibrating bone conductive speaker thingy (Technical Term):rotfl:. Should be ok for directions and voice input but not for music or podcast.

Anyway I hope to see Pete's first video in the parks with it soon.

Bob N.

Personally, while I think Google Glass is really cool, and is definitely coming in more than one form, I already spend all day dodging people in my office building who are walking around, totally distracted by their phones. It's annoying and dangerous. I hate to think how bad it will become when people can be distracted 24/7, and you might not be able to tell that the person heading towards you will totally walk right into you because they're too focused on their glasses to even notice you're there.

Sayhello

For the price it is, google can serve me dinner, make my bed and clean my house.

And I don't think that this will help with people who already are talking on their cell phones and driving.

Yeah and get off my lawn while your at it. :lmao:
Just another thing that makes me sound like my mother. :laughing:

It is all about your perspective...

I see it as a "contest" where Google was able to raise $6,000,000+.... ($1,500 x 4,000 - although it appears the actual number is higher).

Alot of the explorers don't think the 1500 is just for the glasses. Google has a way of making developers pay for access to things then giving them more toys that are worth more than the price of admission.

Pretty sure my luck is they will raise the price before I get mine.

Not sure about the distraction thing I have had people run into me in the parks and on the sidewalk starring straight forward. :3dglasses

Bob N.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter