Goofy's Kitchen vs PCH Grill??

Gina421

Earning My Ears
Every year we always spend our last day eating at a character breakfast (outside the park) before we head back home. We've done Goofy's Kitchen the past few years and love the huge variety of food and we've met some fun characters (pocohontos, mulan, alice) which have made fun for the kids!!

This year we are staying at the PPH and I didn't realize that Mickey was at their character breakfast, which would be a fun change! But, how is that breakfast compared to Goofy's? How are the characters there?? Is there still a big variety of food, and sweets??

Thanks so much!!

We stopped going to Goofy's awhile ago as we just didn't love it as much as the other places. PCH recently changed from Lilo and Stitch aloha breakfast. We however have always loved the food there. This one doesn't get as many guest so characters interact longer. We have seen Stitch since the change, Max, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy and Pluto. Hope this helps!! :] I would give it a try! We will probably be doing this one this weekend when we go again!

Be sure to bring your Disney Visa or Disney Dollars Redemption card to the PCH Grill, as using either one will knock 10% off your bill.

I have not yet done the Surf's Up with Mickey character meal. I will do it eventually. I am a 20-year veteran of Goofy's Kitchen (I love it for the same reasons you do, Gina), and will continue to eat there - but I have absolutely no problem promoting another meal based on all the info I've read. Surf's Up gets pretty consistent rave reviews!

The facts are:

• Surf's Up is the only meal where you can meet Mickey at DLR;
  • By most accounts, the restaurant is usually not as crowded as Goofy's (I peeked in on Surf's Up a couple of times and saw very few people in the restaurant). I think this is because it's located in the Paradise Pier Hotel, which many people think is too far away (it's not);
  • This is also the only meal where you can meet Stitch. Daisy Duck is sometimes there (not as much lately, it appears). There seems to be an average of 4-6 characters onsite at any given time;
  • The buffet is not nearly as large as the Goofy's Kitchen buffet, but there are some interesting items in the mix - things that are unique to Surf's Up - along with regular breakfast food; and
  • Surf's Up does not have a character lunch or dinner. It's breakfast only.

The opinions are (and again, these are others' opinions that I've read quite often):

• The character interaction is superb. The kids get "surf lessons" and they dance too. The characters spend a lot of time with people; and
  • The food is really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter