Goofy's Kitchen or Storytellers Cafe for character breakfast?

disneyfam2000

Disney fam 4ever
I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback or tips regarding character breakfast, and which of the 2 places are preferable Goofy's Kitchen or Storytellers Cafe? I have been to Goofy's Kitchen many times but never to STC. Just would like some other opinions as far as the 2 restaurants are concerned, such as variety of food,fave dishes etc. Any input is appreciated!! :banana:

Wha is your main interest?

Seeing characters....Go to Goofy's
Good food.....Go to Storytellers

I will say that opinion is not universally held. There are a lot of folks who love the character interaction at Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast at Storyteller's Café. And there are a lot of folks who love the food at Goofy's Kitchen.

If you have the Photopass+, you get a free photo package at Goofy's. There is no photo package available at Storytellers as of now.

We've been to both and my personal preference is Storyteller's. We were big repeat customers when we lived in Arizona and had APs. Their buffet is yummers and we got to see the woodland characters. Chip and Dale fought over kisses from Thing 2, then age 2 and cute as a button. Thing 1 was in a foul mood that trip (something about his swingset ripped out, half of his toys donated, his room painted over, the house sold and moving to Ohio. Can't figure out why! :rolleyes1) and ignored the characters. I liked that it was quiet and gave us a chance to wake up without a conga line. For Thing 2's birthday that trip we went to Goofy's for the first time. It was loud, noisy and obnoxious, just like Thing 2! The food was meh, but boy did she love her birthday bucket! The characters were awesome too. Thing 1 finally warmed up to Peter Pan. Peter Pan wouldn't take his foul mood for an answer and folded himself up in a chair next to him and played with him for about twenty minutes. Too bad that was our last stop before the airport.:sad:

You need to ask on the DisneyLAND forum, not here, which is just about WDW in Florida restaurants.

Actually my thread is specifically posted like this The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Goofy's Kitchen or Storytellers Cafe for character breakfast? I don't see where it say's WDW?? :confused3

Thank you for the input Poohbear2 and the rest of you!! I think I'm going to try STC!! but I do love the selection of food at GK! :yay:

vicki_c said:
You need to ask on the DisneyLAND forum, not here, which is just about WDW in Florida restaurants.

I think Vicki is confused... Must have been a mistake.

Storytellers...food was great...really nice fresh selection...we found there to be very few characters there though...the few that were there were all characters we were largely unfamiliar with. Go for the food anything beyond that is icing.

We tried most of the character meals on our recent trip and the one thing I enjoyed most was that Storyteller's was so much more calm. There were very few people there, my kids had great interaction with the characters, and the food was very good. It was our last Disney meal and just what we needed at the end of a very full week. If you go, you must try the french toast!

We tried most of the character meals on our recent trip and the one thing I enjoyed most was that Storyteller's was so much more calm. There were very few people there, my kids had great interaction with the characters, and the food was very good. It was our last Disney meal and just what we needed at the end of a very full week. If you go, you must try the french toast!

Sounds good and yes I will try the french toast I love french toast!! And for my kids I think that character interaction is important to, and that was one thing that wasn't an option at Goofy's Kitchen because they were always crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter