Goofy's Kitchen for Couples-A Review

Oh, that's funny! We aren't so good at that things like that. Our boys have never wanted to be with the characters so I'm afraid we don't have much practice. I only have two pictures of them- one of them went to Sleeping Beauty while the other stood 10 feet away. And I have a picture of both of them with Mickey Mouse. That was the last time. The past few years (now that they are teenagers) I even made a character picture worth 10 point on their scavenger hunt which would have easily won them the big prize of no kitchen clean up for two weeks- but no, they'd rather clean the kitchen than meet a character. :rotfl2:
This trip with just DH and I and our photo pass plus (loved it) we had our picture with quite a few characters- for us anyway.

Hilarious! I'll have to check that thread out!

Sadly, no. While it wasn't at a meal, we told Merida in MK that she should have talked to Snow White about taking things from strangers in the woods. She laughed.

At Crystal Palace, we routinely ask Pooh Bear why he allows pork products to be placed on the buffet when Piglet is one of the guests of honor. This last time, I ratted him out to Piglet and Piglet went and kicked Pooh. My DH was also taking a picture of Piglet before he got to us and Piglet started posing for us. Hilarious!!!! We routinely ask Mickey and Donald when they're going to ask their girls to marry them. Another time when we were in line with Chip and Dale, they took DHs Donald hat and Chip held it out in front of him while he held his nose with the other hand. On our recent cruise, I convinced the C&D to pull on Donald's tail feathers when he wasn't looking. Finally, we encouraged bad behavior even further by buying small stuffed Chip, Dale and Donald animals. When we got to C&D, I pulled out the Chip one. Dale was so upset. Then I pulled out the Dale one and we were heroes. When we got to Donald, I pulled out the C&D ones and he covered his eyes and shook his head.

PS: There's a whole thread over on the WDW side (Theme Park Strategies) about what you should ask the characters.

We did Goofy's Last week for dinner. We had a 6:00 reservation. It looked pretty full but did not seem crowded (if that makes any sense). It was expensive for 6 of us but we used our ap discount and saved 10%. We had the table all the way in the back (we were told it was the best table) right next to the door where the characters enter and leave so we got all the characters as they were coming and going. It was great. The experiance was wonderful, the food was delicious. I had the photopass plus and we got our photos printed right there and given to us.
We saw Jasmine, Aladdin, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto
They had a large variety of food and dessert. We are not big breakfast eaters so that is why we chose dinner, I highly recommend dinner. I can't wait to go here again!

My kids are now adults, and they still enjoy doing the various character meals. We've done Goofy's, Minnie's, Surf's Up (my current fav) and Ariels. We still need to try Storytellers. All have been enjoyable.

PinkBudgie -

I am just now getting around to reading your great Goofy's Kitchen review! Have you given the link to this thread to Laurie over in the Character Meals Super Thread, so she can add it somewhere to the front page? If not, you should!

Since you had previously told me that you were partially influenced to try Goofy's because of my experiences with it and reviews about it over the years, I can say that I am quite pleased you had a good experience! That's a relief!:rotfl2: Yay!:cool1: The last thing I needed was for someone to come back and say, "That darn Sherry was raving about Goofy's and it was awful!"

So I can still safely stand by my opinion that Goofy's is a good character meal (for both breakfast and dinner)! In fact, I've had plenty of breakfasts there with just one other adult friend, and we've never felt ignored or out of place at all!

See what I mean about the variety of food? Was I kidding when I said the buffet at Goofy's was bountiful? I agree that some of the bread/pastry products are a bit dry (not all the time, but sometimes).

My last question is, was the Pluto on duty at your meal the Aggressive Pluto? Or was he the normal, well-behaved Pluto?

Thanks for the reviews! Thinking about a trip to DLR later in the year and this certainly will help do some planning! :)

PinkBudgie -

I am just now getting around to reading your great Goofy's Kitchen review! Have you given the link to this thread to Laurie over in the Character Meals Super Thread, so she can add it somewhere to the front page? If not, you should!

Since you had previously told me that you were partially influenced to try Goofy's because of my experiences with it and reviews about it over the years, I can say that I am quite pleased you had a good experience! That's a relief!:rotfl2: Yay!:cool1: The last thing I needed was for someone to come back and say, "That darn Sherry was raving about Goofy's and it was awful!"

So I can still safely stand by my opinion that Goofy's is a good character meal (for both breakfast and dinner)! In fact, I've had plenty of breakfasts there with just one other adult friend, and we've never felt ignored or out of place at all!

See what I mean about the variety of food? Was I kidding when I said the buffet at Goofy's was bountiful? I agree that some of the bread/pastry products are a bit dry (not all the time, but sometimes).

My last question is, was the Pluto on duty at your meal the Aggressive Pluto? Or was he the normal, well-behaved Pluto?

I must say a thank you to you for "talking me in to it"! Like I said before, you were talking in my head! :rotfl: You were right about the food! We had a great time and I'm so glad we went. Probably won't be able to do it often, but I'd love to do with my sister and her family sometime. Fortunately, our Pluto was great and did not seem to be anybody's face!
I already sent her the link and she has posted on the first page.

Thanks for the reviews! Thinking about a trip to DLR later in the year and this certainly will help do some planning! :)

You're welcome. Whenever, I see a need to know on the boards for something I like to write up a little review. I'd love to do more hotel reviews but we've just loved CCI so much, we keep going back! Especially when they keep giving ups the $10 off per night for our next visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter