Goofy's Great Birthday Bash NEW 6/2 page 34

hi Jay!! I was so happy to see that you are posting again! Very fun! :yay: You and Goofy had a fun night, the Boardwalk is great at night. The treasure hunt was great, it looked like he was getting more excited as the clues went on. :)

Looks like Goofy had a blast with the scavenger hunt. That cake looks phenomenal! I would have loved to sink my teeth in it.

The husky is cute! I hate the cheap toys that you get at most carnivals games.

Someday I want to stay at the Boardwalk Inn.
The scavenger hunt was a lot more fun than I had even hoped. I am planning on for Stitch's birthday here at home that will lead him around town doing fun things and collecting gifts for his birthday celebration. I know he will love it and I am looking forward to all of that family time together!

I know you will enjoy your time at the BWI one day...it's an amazing resort.

Good to have you back Jay and you know my feelings about all of this

The Scavenger hunt looks so much fun and what a great way to actually explore the BW! The cake looked delicious and how lovely of you both to share it

Goofy did great winning the husky, no-one normally wins those things

BTW please don't tell me your last trip was between the 12th and 22nd of December as I was there then!!!
It was lovely of them to help us out by eating it. ;) They were such great CMs! Goofy sent me packing gifts for them when I took Aladdin down for his birthday trip a few months later. He has never wanted to send gifts down to WDW before that. But the Inn Keeper Club CMs were beyond amazing and even a little boy could tell how special they were. :)

I couldn't believe he actually won something. I figured we would just play and our prize would be the fun we had doing it. Turns out my lil' Goof is pretty good at playing those games (and I am even worse than I thought:lmao: ). We were there the 4th-15th for Aladdin's trip. We overlapped by three days! :( Boo hiss. I would have loved to have met up!

I said 'hi' a couple of trip reports ago and have followed your trip reports with such enjoyment. So sorry that you were treated poorly. I tend to take things personally and if you mess with my family then 'game on.' :mad: Glad you have put it behind you and moved on. I think it is so easy to hide behind the anonimity of a keyboard and would people really say such things if they were face to face with you? I think not.

We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas a couple of years ago and my daughter (almost 6) still says it is her favorite resort. I'm torn between Beach Club/Boardwalk and Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Our trip in a few weeks is WL and I love how close it is to MK and also we are enjoying the DxDP this time, so we are hitting all of the signature restaurants in that area. I asked my DD where she wanted to eat most of all and she said California Grill!!! When asked why, she said she loved the cheese plate!:confused3 They never fail to surprise!

I'm so surprised with your frequency of trips, that you haven't broken down and purchased into the DVC program. My parents bought into it about 10 years ago and really used it the first few years. Not long after they both started having health problems and didn't travel to DW anymore. So, they put me on their accountant as an associate and now my DH and I pay the annual assessment and have free reign of the points. We have thought about adding on a few more points so that we can take friends with us. And the beauty of it is we can use the points all over the world if we ever want to have a break from DW....but can't imagine that ever happening! Just wanted to put that little 'bug' in your ear.

Looking forward to more on the trip report.
I agree with you that it's so hard to pick a favorite! I can never narrow it down to just one resort no matter how hard I try (or if I do narrow it down, it changes from day to day). ;)

We had a great meal at the Cali Grill in December. I will share more about it in Aladdin's report but if they still have ostrich on the menu you might want to think about trying it. It was outstanding! And actually tasted like a very nice steak. Who would have guessed that ostrich tastes more like beef than chicken?:rotfl2:

Also, if you still have an extra meal to fit in, you might want to look into the Flying Fish over at the Boardwalk. That was another great meal! YUM!

DVC is on my wish list. Not so much on dh's wish list. I would love to have a 'home' at WDW! :wizard:

Thanks for sticking with my trip report! It's good to have you here!:goodvibes

I'm so exicted to have you posting again! :hyper:

Excellent updates (as usual)! :worship:

Kathy
How on earth have you been? I am loving being able to dig through my trip stuff again to get back into writing this report. I am having a lot of fun! :) I will have another installment up later today! :) Thanks for your sweet words! Have a great day!

Jay,

I am a long time lurker to your trip reports and I am so happy to see that you are back. I am sorry that people were mean to you. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Your trips are so creative and they give me great ideas for future Disney surprises for my family. I look forward to many more trip reports!

Abby
Thanks Abby, you just made my day. I adore when lurkers post. I feel like I am getting a special treat! SO thank you!!! And thank you for what you wrote also! Feel free to jump in and post any time. :)

Sorry to hijack Jay's great TR (SO happy you are back BTW!) but I mis-read your statement. I read the beginning as, "My DH would love it as he is as huge as an ELEPHANT" and I was thinking, "What an AWFUL thing to say about your DH". When I saw the word fan and re-read the sentence I felt stupid (but had to laugh because it was so funny).
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: HA HA HA!

hi Jay!! I was so happy to see that you are posting again! Very fun! :yay: You and Goofy had a fun night, the Boardwalk is great at night. The treasure hunt was great, it looked like he was getting more excited as the clues went on. :)
I think we were both having a great time and that the fun was building up as the clues went along. It was a great night! :)

Thanks for sticking with the report! I will have another installment up soon! :)

Thanks again for your wonderful ideas!!
I look forward to your next trippie too LOL!!! you should write a book!!

I love ostrich!!! I had it 2x's at Jiko last year. They offered it as an appetizer.....it reminded me of filet. We are doing Cali Grill the first and last nights of this trip. We even cancelled the Cinderella and step sisters character meal at GF because DD wanted to go back. Glad she is a little 'foodie'....cause mama likes to eat!

Day Four

Day four started much later than the previous days. We slept in until almost 9 o'clock and really enjoyed it. Every vacation should have at least one slow morning built in to the plans...it makes for such a wonderfully relaxing day! By the time we were fully awake, clean and dressed it was about 9:45 so we high tailed it across the hall to the club lounge in order to grab a small bite to eat (we didn't want to spoil our appetite for the big lunch we had planned in a few short hours) before they put the breakfast offerings away at 10:00. I was impressed that all of the choices we had at our earlier breakfasts were still available (and fresh) at the very end of the breakfast offering. Another thing I was impressed with was once again the high caliber of CMs that they have working at the Inn Keeper's Club. Not one day went by (not even one time of our entering the lounge actually) that we weren't greeted (the vast majority of the time, by name) and made to feel very welcome and at home. Having told them the day before that we were planning heading out to EPCOT's World Showcase on this day they were ready with suggestions and questions about what we were looking forward to seeing there. I know to some it might not seem like such a big deal that CMs remembered our plans from the day before, however with so many guests walking in and out of the lounge, I found it nothing short of exceptional that they had in fact paid attention while talking with us, cared enough to remember it and made a point to discuss it with us. Outstanding, exceptional, even beyond what you would expect at WDW....those are the words I would use to describe the CMs who take care of you at the Inn Keeper's Club. I guess it's maybe becoming clear just how much those CMs added to our vacation.

After we did our breakfasting and visiting we made our way directly down to the EPCOT friendship boat launch area. We were on schedule to make it for the opening of the World Showcase area at 11:00 am. I was worried about the crowds (I always am) but I shouldn't have been. We were the first (and only) people in line at the docks! That even goes for the other side of the dock where people would have been lined up for Hollywood Studios as well. Here is a picture of the empty dock (and the beautiful view).
wdw09370.jpg

Within about five minutes, we were walking on to a boat and on our way to EPCOT for the day. The launches run about every twenty minutes but we were lucky and never waited more than about ten minutes for one. I really liked the transportation around the EPCOT resort area. I found it to be very convenient, at least to DHS and EPCOT, I am still not a fan of the buses and so I took a taxi to DAK and MK (asking to be dropped off at the CR each time and catching a taxi back from there as well).

Once we arrived at the back entrance to the World Showcase we quickly made our way into the park. We ended up having time to spare so Goofy and I grabbed a seat on a bench and relaxed (can you tell the theme of our morning was to take it easy and slowly enjoy whatever we came across?). I snapped a few pictures as we sat there.
wdw09371.jpg

wdw09372.jpg

Within about ten minutes we hit opening time for the World Showcase and the CM who had been stopping anyone from entering the WS area early stood aside and wished us a magical day at EPCOT. We promised him we would and walked into an absolutely empty WS. Along the way to Morocco (the first country Goofy wanted to visit), I snapped a picture of the cute little street vendor's cart detail in the French area.
wdw09374.jpg

MOROCCO! I should probably explain that we had recently studied Morocco during our school time and Goofy had been a big fan. Being as we have no currently planned trips to Morocco this was as close to a visit there as he was going to get in the near future. He was really excited about exploring everything.
wdw09375.jpg

wdw09376.jpg

Notice how empty it is!
wdw09377.jpg

Beautiful details!
wdw09378.jpg

wdw09379.jpg

wdw09380.jpg

wdw09381.jpg

Goofy is now the proud owner of his very own fez (the little red cap).
wdw09383.jpg

A page from one of my very favorite tales.
wdw09384.jpg

wdw09385.jpg

wdw09386.jpg

wdw09387.jpg

wdw09388.jpg

So beautiful...I love the combination of colors, glass and light!
wdw09389.jpg

wdw09390.jpg

We spent about an hour taking it all in. I couldn't believe we found so much to look at in such a small area. Goofy really got into the details, visiting with the CMs who were actually from Morocco and even did a bit of shopping. He left the area a proud owner of his own fez, a picture book about Habibi (I think that was his name) the camel, a 'magic' lamp, a Moroccan soda, a cookie and his favorite, a pendant with his name written in Arabic. I really had fun watching him explore at his own pace. Being able to dedicate all of my attention to just one of the boys was such a big treat for me. I loved being able to focus on just what sparked his curiosity and interests and also being able to take the time to discuss it all with him. Turns out Goofy is one deep thinking lil' guy. I did always know that, but it was so wonderful to be able to delve into the depths of his interests with no distractions. For me, as a mom, the time we spent exploring the Morocco area was a priceless gift!

After our Moroccan explorations it was time for our lunch at Chefs de France. This was one meal I was looking forward to not only for the food but for the surprise guest who would hopefully stop by our table. Going into it, I didn't mention anything about the 'guest' to my lil' Goof, I didn't want him to be let down if the 'guest of honor' was no longer appearing there nor did I want to spoil the surprise of having the 'guest' just appear.

We were seated within five minutes of checking in at a window side table for two. We loved being able to people watch as we dined. It was a lot of fun to be able to watch the hustle and bustle of people enjoying the World Showcase outside of the window. My meal started off with the lobster bisque. It wasn't the best lobster bisque I have ever had but it was a darn good bowl of the stuff. I thought it may have been a bit on the salty side but just a little bit and when you used the crusty bread with lots of butter on it to lap it up, it tasted just right. The bread that they brought for the table was a hit with both of us. In fact, I could have made a meal of the bread alone! It was that tasty.
wdw09391.jpg

Goofy's meal started off with a cheese puff pastry. Turns out that wasn't to his liking. However, between the bread and sharing my lobster bisque with me, he was more than satisfied with his 'first course'.
wdw09393.jpg

Goofy's main course was pan roasted flounder. He was able to have the veggies replaced by french fries (he was really craving them that day). Notice he is already wearing his Moroccan name medallion. He still adores that little necklace because it's so unique and all of his friends think it's cool that he has his name written in another language.
wdw09394.jpg

As for my main course, I had beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms. I thought this was very tasty with the exception of how fatty the short ribs were. They weren't marbled with fat (as I would expect from that cut of meat), they were globbed with it. I just cut the fat out and ate 'around' it and still had more than enough to eat, for my tastes though, a little bit leaner would have been better. Still, I considered my choice a good one and would happily try it out again (with hopefully a less fatty serving appearing on my plate). Doesn't it look good!
wdw09395.jpg

As we enjoyed our meals, I caught a glimpse of a covered tray being pushed around the dining area. At seeing that, my excitement grew. I knew under that silver dome was a special 'guest'. I couldn't wait for my lil' Goof to meet him. Here is the first picture I was able to snap (at this point, Goofy still didn't know he was there since he was facing me instead of toward the main dining area).
wdw09396.jpg

More to follow...

Day 4 Part 2

It was Chef Remy Rat of course!! I think Remy is SO cute! I am not ashamed to admit that I was just as excited as Goofy was (maybe more) when Remy finally made it over to our table. The look on Goofy's face when the cover was removed from the serving tray was one of awe. In no way was he expecting what he saw (which made it all the more amazing when he finally did see it). I wish I would have gotten a picture of the way he looked but I was too slow to capture it. I was, however, able to take a few pictures of Remy while he talked, sang and otherwise interacted with us.
wdw09397.jpg

wdw09398.jpg

He was one amazing piece of technology. It was like Turtle Talk in that he reacted in real time to what we did and said (his cart pusher interpreted what he said but Remy made appropriate squeals of delight in finding out we had cheese back home and shrieks of distress upon finding out that we had an outdoor cat). It was like one of the best animatronic figures from any Disney ride in that his movements were so lifelike and fluid. Wrap those together with it now being a 'character meal' and I cannot help but give lunch at Chefs de France two very big thumbs up! We LOVED visiting with Remy!

When we asked Remy for a picture with him, the server pushing his cart d insisted on having his picture taken with Goofy first. He really did a great job of 'hosting' this character interaction.
wdw09399.jpg

And even Remy seemed to squeak out "CHHEEEEESE" when I snapped this one.
wdw09400.jpg

What a fun touch! What imagination! What a marvelous technological feat! Remy rocks!!

Goofy's dessert choice was a mango sorbet. He fully enjoyed it and especially loved the way it was presented. A singing group of servers (led by our own wonderful server) brought Goofy's sorbet to him with a candle on top while singing happy birthday to him in French. What a neat touch! My Goof was all smiles.
wdw09402.jpg

For my dessert choice, I picked the vanilla creme brulee. A tasty choice.
wdw09403.jpg

Goofy and our wonderful server. He was very attentive, friendly and always around when needed (but never seemed to be hovering). We left him a note of thanks along with an extra large tip.
wdw09404.jpg

To be continued...

Day 4 Part 3

After our meal, I put away my camera (unless Goofy requested a specific picture) and we made our way around the rest of the World Showcase exploring, the most of the rest of the countries. We rode both rides (in Mexico and Norway) that are located within the WS three times a piece. We also stopped to try out cookies or candy in most of the countries (even if we couldn't eat them at the time due to being full, we packed them away and tried them out later).

One picture Goofy did request I take was of him eating his tangerine kaki gori frozen treat. He said it was his favorite treat in all of the World Showcase. I have to admit, they don't make snow cones like this back home! It was really good.
wdw09406.jpg

By about 5:00 we had explored all we wanted for the day and were ready to head back to the resort for some more pool time and relaxation. I couldn't leave without having my favorite World Showcase treat though. A crepe sprinkled with sugar and a Grey Goose 'adult' slush...OH MY!!! This combination is my very favorite snack time in all of Walt Disney World. Or any other part of the world for that matter. If I could have the lobster bisque I enjoyed in St. Martin followed by the shrimp cerviche from Paradise Beach in Cozumel and a Flying Fish crab cake as my appetizers, with a lobster as prepared on the Disney Magic and ostrich as prepared at the Cali Grill as my main course accompanied by a bumpin' bananas frozen rum drink from St. Martin and finish it off with the Grey Goose slush and sugared crepe from the France section of EPCOT as my dessert....that would be my most favorite meal of all time. It would also be impossible to gather them all together at once but a girl can dream, can't she? ;) Wow, a lot of my 'favorites of all time' come from Disney. I bet if most of you think about it at least of few of yours do too! ;) Ahhh, Grey Goose slushy and sugared crepe, I do so wish I had one of both of them right about now (and I wouldn't object to two or three of each :laughing: ). Here's a picture of the mouth watering snack.
wdw09405.jpg

As we walked toward the back entrance to once hop on a friendship boat back to the BWI, Goofy started laughing and pointed out this squirrel to me. He was just laying on the stub of a branch. He was totally kicked back and fit in with the relaxing pace of our day just perfectly.
wdw09407.jpg

wdw09408.jpg

Within an hour of that picture, I was laid out like just the squirrel, only I was laid out next to the BWI's pool. Goofy and I spent hours lounging on the deck, talking with each other, reading, swimming in the pool and soaking in the hot tub. The only thing that put an end to our pool time was wanting to make it back up to our room in time to watch a new episode of Hannah Montana. :lmao: The pool time was a perfect addition to our perfectly relaxing day.

Looking back, this day makes it on to the top of my favorite vacation days' list. Not for what we did (although what we did was a lot of fun) but more for what we didn't do. We didn't rush, didn't push ourselves, didn't tie ourselves down with plans or expectations, didn't forget to stop and smell the roses (literally at EPCOT, we were sniffing flowers a few times during our time there). I remember this day as the day I really got to just spend time with my lil' Goof. I remember it as the day we really talked a lot about all sorts of things and laughed more than not. I will always cherish this time I had with him. I am a very blessed mom indeed!

As we watched that new episode of Hannah Montana we waited for our room service to be delivered. On this night we once again dined with our shoes off and our feet up. Ahh, a relaxing meal to cap off our day!

I ordered shrimp cocktail as my appetizer and stewed chicken with orzo as my main course. They were both good (not great but far from bad either).
wdw09409.jpg

Goofy went a fruit cup for his appetizer and baked chicken, pasta with tomato sauce and green beans for his main course.
wdw09411.jpg

We didn't order dessert (even though it would have been included on the dining plan) because we wanted to partake of the Inn Keeper Club's dessert offerings instead. Once we finished up our meal (or as much of it as we could eat...there was way too much food), we strolled over and made up plates for ourselves and then took them back to the room. We also had herbal tea and hot chocolate as a night cap.

*TIP: If you are on the deluxe dining plan, don't forget to take advantage of the inclusion of room service as part of the included offerings. Not only did it cover room service, it also includes the tip!*

Back in our room we quickly cuddled into our sheets and I took this last picture of the day. Goofy had picked up a Swedish Chef toy somewhere along the way and he kept acting, well, goofy with it. :rotfl: He made me laugh so hard as he pretended to make that little toy talk. :lmao::rotfl2:
wdw09413.jpg

And so that is how we ended our perfectly relaxing day, with Goofy wishing me sweet dreams in a thick Swedish accent. :laughing::cloud9:

What a fabulous update Jay! It sounds like the day suited Goofy to a tee, a far cry from your run from ride to ride trip with Stitch! Isn't it funny how siblings can be so different?

Your time with Remy sounds like so much fun, I'll have to put Chef's on my list of places to try. And, can you believe I've never had a Grey Goose Slush??? I plan to remedy that in May!!

More! More! Although I'm very much enjoying this trip report, I'm waiting and waiting for the big surprise to come at the end of the week. I've been waiting for that since you started the TR! I can't wait to hear how Goof reacted!

What a wonderful day! Love your pics of Chefs!
How nice that Goofy studied Morocco prior to your trip! I am hoping to study a few countries found in Epcot before our trip. I saw a curriculum designed just for Epcot at the last homeschooling convention I went to, so I am looking into that. When we had King Tut come to our area, we were able to incorporate a study of that into our homeschooling routine. It sure made the kids appreciate the exhibit all the more!
Great update, looking forward to the next one!

What a magical day! That is really neat how you got to interact with Remi! On my next trip I am going to have to try relaxing more and spending more time exploring! I seem to miss so many details!

:rotfl: The Swedish Chef is my favorite muppet character! I love the crazy song that he sings - makes me laugh out loud when I think of it. You and Goofy had a great day at Epcot. What a fun lunch with Remy! Your Morocco pics are really nice - I love all the details - and I can't wait to really slow down and explore the details of the WS when I go in November on my adult-ladies-only trip. The Grey Goose Slush is on the top of my to-do list! :thumbsup2

Jay, i'm so glad you're writing again. Screw the haters. Unfortunately i've had to deal with YEARS of being harassed by an ex-friend on the Internet, and i'd be lying if i said it still didn't sting when i find out she's been running her mouth. But i too know the feeling of defiance that comes after that initial shock - and i'm glad you're choosing to focus on that! You have a great admirer in me, and it looks like i'm not alone. :hug:

Enjoyed these chapters, and i just LOVED Remy! i YouTube'd some videos of him, he's so darn cute!

We were there the 4th-15th for Aladdin's trip. We overlapped by three days! :( Boo hiss. I would have loved to have met up!
Not again :sad2: We haven't got plans to return for a while but when we do I'll be PMing you just in case :rotfl2:

What a fabulous day, everything sounded lovely and it sounds as though Remy was a big hit :thumbsup2

What a wonderful day! I can't believe how empty WS was! I love that you guys took your time exploring, had a surprise at lunch, pool time and then room service for dinner. Love room service!... it's always a treat. :goodvibes Those CMs sound just wonderful, they can really make the trip extra special!

Hi Jay!! I've been away from Disboards for awhile.....found facebook! :rotfl:
I was very saddened & horrified to read about the trouble you had endured on the Boards from one (I'm hoping it was only one) disgruntled, sad, envious, strange person. :sad2: Enough of that!
I had a lot to catch up with on this TR! Sounds like it was absolutely lovely for you & Goofy! :thumbsup2 How wonderful!!! :goodvibes

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at WS. How nice to have that one-on-one time with your son. They all need a little individual attention sometimes and how great to do that at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter