Goofy's Great Birthday Bash NEW 6/2 page 34

How awful that you would have to deal with that! I am glad to see you back. I was starting to worry about you.

Oh, Jay...I am so, so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I too won't give power to that person's cruel words. There is SO much I want to say about them, but I think other posters have said it very well.

Your boys are so precious and you are so lucky. You and DH have Aladdin, the caring, thoughtful oldest brother with a heart of gold :goodvibes . Goofy, the second oldest brother with his quiet presence and adventurous tastes in food that he shares with Mom :yay: . Stitch, the second-youngest with his mischievous smile and spunky spirit :yo-yo:. And, finally, Buzz, the newest addition who brings smiles to everyone's faces and who tries to keep up with his big brothers' every movement :jester:.

Oh, and I've been meaning to say:

2ndbday1.jpg

to Buzz. It seems like yesterday that you were writing your TR while expecting him! :lovestruc

Has anyone ever told ya'll how wonderful you are? I didn't think I could possibly be surprised but I am. And this time, in a great way. THANK YOU for the kind words. I am sorry once again to have caused any worry and also sorry to have let something that shouldn't have even been given a second thought get inside my head. I love Disney, I love the DIS, I love writing trip reports about my time at WDW and I especially love my family...put that all together and you have a perfect reason that I shouldn't stop writing. I hope that one day my sons will treasure these trip reports as a way to look back and remember the wonderful times we were all blessed to be able to share together while they were growing up. I won't let anything stop me from giving them that gift. SO, in the words of a well loved mouse, "On with the show!"...

On A Treasure Hunt We Will Go!

After an afternoon of swimming, it was time for one of the 'big surprises' I had planned for Goofy. Jackie (one of Disney's best of all time and an Inn Keeper Club CM sweetheart) was uber helpful in making the timing click for this surprise to work. She made sure that a special surprise was delivered to the club lounge and hid it for me until she knew we had left on the treasure hunt around the BWI. She also put on really cool shades and handed him his treasure hunt in an envelope while acting like a 'secret agent'. She got into it way more than I ever would have expected and was totally fantastic about going WAY out of her way to make it even more fun for my lil' Goof. If you ever spend any time at the BWI club level, you will surely come to adore her too! BUT...back to the treasure hunt or at least the preparation of it. I posted a request for help in planning the treasure hunt over on the BWI thread. SFBANK, a regular over there, came through in spades. She was beyond helpful in the planning of the BWI treasure hunt. THANK YOU SFBANK!!

Back to the hunt, after starting out in the club lounge with a plain envelope marked top secret on the outside (thanks for thinking of that detail Jackie!), Goofy read his first hint and away we went. Here he is holding up the clues which he found inside of that envelope.
wdw09327.jpg

His paper read:

Boardwalk Scavenger Hunt

This scavenger hunt has been created just for you by a special Disney friend!
Be sure to follow the directions and most importantly, have lots of fun!!

Clue 1:
Find the biggest mouth around. One so large you could slide right down. Now stretch your mouth as wide as you can and have someone take a picture of you grinning with the even bigger grin in the background.
wdw09328.jpg

Figuring out his next clue.
wdw09329.jpg

Clue 2:
Find an elephant who likes to give showers. Be sure he doesn't get you wet with his trunk! Have someone take a picture of you giving him a hug.
wdw09330.jpg

Clue 3:
Find an iron hand which is always lifting. Have someone take a picture of you pretending to do the same thing...make sure to put in some real effort!
wdw09333.jpg

Clue 4:
Back inside you will find some movies that are sure to please. For only a penny, who wouldn't want to watch them! Have someone take a picture of you doing just that.
wdw09335.jpg

Clue 5:
Next, look up and look down. Find an elephant that is also a house. What you need to complete this task is a picture of you pointing to the elephant.
wdw09337.jpg

An up close of the cool elephant.
wdw09340.jpg

A strange little chair right next to it.
wdw09338.jpg

Goofy taking a load off while figuring out his next clue (on the strange lil' chair).
wdw09339.jpg

And a few more pictures before leaving the lobby. I love the Disney details that are all over the BWI!
wdw09345.jpg

wdw09341.jpg

wdw09342.jpg

wdw09367.jpg

wdw09369.jpg

Clue 6:
Dundry's Sundries is a good place to find anything you forgot. Have someone take a picture of you buying something there to complete this portion of your task.
wdw09346.jpg

The CM in that picture that the BWI scavenger hunt was the neatest thing she had ever seen a guest do to enjoy their time there. I was really happy to hear her say that! And even happier to see Goofy enjoying it even more than I had expected!

Clue 7:
Find a hidden Mickey on a carousel horse in the main lobby. Have someone take a picture of you pointing to it.
wdw09348.jpg

And up close:
wdw09349.jpg

More details I snapped along the way.
wdw09350.jpg

wdw09351.jpg

Clue 8:
Head up to the club lounge and find a cast member to share a smile with. Make sure that you get a picture taken with them. Once you do so, they will hand you your final clue.
wdw09352.jpg

*Jackie was on her dinner break by the time we returned and I missed out on snapping his picture with her.*

The final clue read:
Happy 10th Birthday Goofy! Congratulations on finishing your photo scavenger hunt! Head back to your room for one final surprise. I hope my biggest fan has the very best 10th birthday ever! Your friend, Pluto

Back in the room he found this:
wdw09353.jpg

Pluto (wink, wink) had left him a t-shirt, pin and figurine (that the IPO had purchased for me in advance) and a sweet Pluto card/picture that the BWI CMs had thoughtfully chosen to include (of Pluto of course). He also had a Boardwalk Inn themed cake complete with a carousel made of chocolate!
wdw09356.jpg

wdw09357.jpg

wdw09358.jpg

It was WAY too big for us to ever imagine eating so after eating a few slices and wrapping some up for later, we took the rest of the cake over to the club lounge and gave it to the cast members to enjoy. We had more than enough desserts while on the dining plan to keep the sweetest of our teeth happy and we didn't want to see such a yummy cake go to waste. The cake itself was marble with a delicious strawberry and custard filling. OH DELISH!! I am glad we were able to share that tasty treat with such hard working, wonderful people. **Can you tell I loved the CMs at the BWI?**

To be continued...

Glad you're back! I'm loving your report - I'm thinking of staying at the Boardwalk on our next visit, but we are creatures of habit and always stay at WL. We love it, but I think we'd really enjoy BW, and I'd love to be close to Epcot.

Love the update. And what a GREAT cake. My DH would love it as he is a huge ELEPHANT fan. What wonderful CM's you had...no wonder you loved it so much.

Yay! You decided to continue :cheer2:

LOVE the photo scavenger hunt - very clever! And that cake looks great!

You are such a great mother!! Goofy really looks like he enjoyed his day! That cake was awesome - loved the chocolate carousel on top :love: Boardwalk Inn & Villas is such a fun resort - we've always had the greatest CM's when we've stayed there.

I have just started to read your TR but I love it - what a great birthday surprise!!

And I'm sorry those LOSERS insulted your children....what I really want to say I can't post here. :rolleyes1 But I think your TR is amazing and I really enjoy reading all about your special trip!

HOORAY! I was so excited to see your posts, I just had to say HOORAY! I now have to go back and read it...So happy to see you back!

Oh Jay I was so worried. I thought about you all the time. I too would get excited when I saw a new post had been made to your TR. Then it wasn't you and I would say a prayer that you and all of your boys (the big one too) were safe! :mad: To the mean person who doesn't have anything better to do then pick on people!

Jay -

I am so glad that you decided to continue writing your report! I have never been on a scavanger hunt before, and it looks like a lot of fun. Your son looked like he was enjoying himself :goodvibes I have been through Boardwalk before, but the pictures you took of some of the details are ones that I definitely have missed! That strange little chair is something that I am going to look for the next time we go down there. Oh, and that cake was adorable! The chocolate details were amazing! I can't wait to hear more about the trip! And thank you for coming back!

I love reading your TRs, and am sorry for the bullying you've received. :mad: I'm glad to see you're back to telling your stories:thumbsup2.

What a great idea the scavenger hunt was!! It's such a great way to look for the little details. Did Goofy find it a challenge?

Glad you're back! I'm loving your report - I'm thinking of staying at the Boardwalk on our next visit, but we are creatures of habit and always stay at WL. We love it, but I think we'd really enjoy BW, and I'd love to be close to Epcot.
I am honestly a Magic Kingdom resort area girl myself. I love the magic feeling of that area. However, I have fallen head over heels in love with the staff at the BWI and the relaxed, friendly feeling there. If I could take the BWI and move it to where the Contemp is I would have a sure fire favorite (well, if I could take the AKL animals over and let them roam around and possibly get the shrimp pesto pizza from the CSR there :rotfl:...it doesn't take much to make me happy:lmao: ).

Love the update. And what a GREAT cake. My DH would love it as he is a huge ELEPHANT fan. What wonderful CM's you had...no wonder you loved it so much.
It was a great cake. I am happy I let them theme it for me. I couldn't have picked something as fun myself. Have you ever considered a stay at the BWI, there are elephants ALL over the place (in the pool area at least). Even if you cannot tear yourself away from the CSR, make sure you take him over there and take some pictures of him with the elephants the next time you make it down to WDW (and don't miss dinner along the boardwalk area while you are there). We did have very nice CMs. Then again, we had great CMs (every last one of them) at the CSR, AKL and the Contemp too. And we had a scattering of great CMs at the Poly, Contemp, GF and WL as well. Also, I met some really nice CMs at the Yacht and Beach Clubs while I was there this past December and Aladdin and I were taking a look to see if we would enjoy trying them out. I think Disney just really has it down when it comes to hiring quality CMs!

Yay! You decided to continue :cheer2:

LOVE the photo scavenger hunt - very clever! And that cake looks great!
Yes, I am so happy to be able to write again! I really missed the chance to chronicle our time at WDW. Thanks for sticking around and still reading! :) The photo scavenger hunt was super easy to do (with the help of the DISboards and SFBANK in particular). All I did was post a few questions and then type up a few short clues. It was something I would very much enjoy doing again.

You are such a great mother!! Goofy really looks like he enjoyed his day! That cake was awesome - loved the chocolate carousel on top :love: Boardwalk Inn & Villas is such a fun resort - we've always had the greatest CM's when we've stayed there.
Aww shucks. ;) Thanks. Sometimes we all need to hear that. That cake was really a lot of fun. If you have any interest, feel free to use the scavenger hunt there. It's a LOT of fun!

I have just started to read your TR but I love it - what a great birthday surprise!!

And I'm sorry those LOSERS insulted your children....what I really want to say I can't post here. :rolleyes1 But I think your TR is amazing and I really enjoy reading all about your special trip!
It was a lot of fun to spend his birthday doing all of his favorite things. I think I may have had even more fun than he did! ;)

HOORAY! I was so excited to see your posts, I just had to say HOORAY! I now have to go back and read it...So happy to see you back!
It's great to be back and writing. Please forgive me for my sabbatical.:hug:

Oh Jay I was so worried. I thought about you all the time. I too would get excited when I saw a new post had been made to your TR. Then it wasn't you and I would say a prayer that you and all of your boys (the big one too) were safe! :mad: To the mean person who doesn't have anything better to do then pick on people!
I am so thankful for those prayers and sorry to have worried you. I am also anxious to hear if you did end up having the special dinner we talked about? :rotfl: I am terrible at always wanting to hear about everyone's special surprises.

Jay -

I am so glad that you decided to continue writing your report! I have never been on a scavanger hunt before, and it looks like a lot of fun. Your son looked like he was enjoying himself :goodvibes I have been through Boardwalk before, but the pictures you took of some of the details are ones that I definitely have missed! That strange little chair is something that I am going to look for the next time we go down there. Oh, and that cake was adorable! The chocolate details were amazing! I can't wait to hear more about the trip! And thank you for coming back!
The BWI was full of so much detail. It reminded me of the WL or AKL that way. Every little nook and cranny was just full of personality that fit the theme perfectly.

What a great cake! Love the carousel!
It was such a fun cake! I am happy that it turned out so well!

I love reading your TRs, and am sorry for the bullying you've received. :mad: I'm glad to see you're back to telling your stories:thumbsup2.
Thanks! I have snapped on my bully-be-gone blinders. :lmao: I won't let someone's interpetation of what dh and I do for our boys upset me. I am stronger than those mean spirited words. It just took me a bit to realize it. ;) Wild horses would have trouble stopping me from sharing our times at WDW right about now. :rotfl:

What a great idea the scavenger hunt was!! It's such a great way to look for the little details. Did Goofy find it a challenge?
It was so much fun! He found it challenging but not too hard. I was aiming for keeping it at a 'fun level' vs. a really detailed search. When (not if!) we return I would love to make a harder one for the boys to do together. I know they would have a great time and it's so much fun to design them as well. I think I might need to put at least one together each trip. It's so much fun to slow down and take note of all of the magical details.

Yummy looking cake, Jay. You always get the best cakes! It is so nice that you shared with the CM - I wonder if they get cake often?

An Evening on the Boardwalk!

Following our large slices of delicious cake neither of us had much interest in our dinner plans so we scrapped them and headed out to enjoy the nightlife down on the Boardwalk instead. We first watched a very funny man with a whistle instead of a voice do some amazing balancing/catching tricks while making us laugh. Then we came across Carlos the Amazing. And we both agree, he really was amazing. He would put the hilt of a knife in his mouth and then balance a sword on the tip of the knife's blade! I still don't know how someone ever figures out they can do that!:rotfl:
wdw09359.jpg

wdw09360.jpg

When his show ended up ambled down to the carnival game area found along the Boardwalk and Goofy did some playing. Actually we both played, he just did all of the winning (and I cannot even say that let him win on purpose). First up, why flinging rubber lobsters at pots of course. :lmao: To fling them you used a rubber mallet to hit a lever that flipped the rubber lobster up and toward the pots (unless you were me, then they sort just flubbed on to the ground between the pots and their launching platform).
wdw09363.jpg

He played three rounds of it and only got one stinking lobster in the pot. Which totally beat my wonderfully round score of zero so I am in no position to talk. ;)
wdw09364.jpg

Next up he played four rounds of water gun racing and won each time (against not only myself but at least another guest or two each race). In the end, he ended up trading in his small wins for a big prize. His still treasured stuffed husky. He was really proud of those wins!
wdw09361.jpg

I was really happy to see him so excited.
wdw09362.jpg

We played a few more games (I think there were only two or three more) without any success but we did get a great deal of enjoyment out of trying.
wdw09365.jpg

And one last picture from our evening on the boardwalk.
wdw09366.jpg

After snapping that picture we headed up to the room and ordered a room service pizza for our very late dinner. As we munched on our pizza we watched the Suite Life on Deck (his favorite show) and then drifted off to sleep. The next day held more adventures and we were eager to get to them!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Wow, Jay! You're on a roll!

I'm with you - how in the world does anyone ever figure out that they can balance a sword on the tip of a knife??? :confused3 I bet he was a daring child, probably gave his mother lots of gray hairs :laughing:

The Boardwalk games look like fun.

:lmao:At least the prizes are nicer than those you can win at the local cranival. Looks like a nice stuffed animal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter