• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goofy's Candy Co.?

They also had some make your own frozen drink thing that I had never noticed before. I don't recall how much that one cost. It came in some special Disney themed cup.

it's at DTD...

We LOVE the dipped marshmallows, esp. with peanut butter cups!

We also love the slushies in the character cups (though they are expensive!) Whenever my kids need a Disney "fix" they have me make them a drink in their special cups (DD has Minnie Mouse...cup has the ears/bow on top and feet on bottom...and DS has Goofy, with green hat on top and shoes on bottom).

Goofy's is a must-stop for us now. This upcoming trip we're going to go on our last day to get a treat for the airplane, to sort of "sweeten" the leaving, which is SO HARD for us!!

Just FYI, some of the same items can be found at DHS...it's near/attached to the villains store...wish I could think of the name of the place.

But they have the rice krispy treats and whatnot that you can have goodies added...and they have the slushies too. Not QUITE as extensive as Goofy's, but still good!

:thumbsup2 During our last two WDW trips, Goofy's Candy Company in DTD was put on our "must do" list. The kids had a blast picking out their yummy creations. They've made the Mickey Rice Krispy treat, Big Cookie and Marshmallows on a straw. DS3 couldn't even get his mouth around his treat.

DisneyTripSeptember2008767-1.jpg

GCC is near The Rainforest Cafe in the Marketplace section of DTD.
DTDMap2.jpg

Most of the other candy/cookie items found at GCC can be found at other stores around the parks and at the resort gift shops. They do have the candy by the pound (like at your local mall). Not really a great "deal" money-wise. We go strictly for the "make your own treat".

pixiedust: Jennifer

Isn't there a store in Main Street USA that sells them too? I seem to remember that place (and the one at DTD) smelling great! We're veggies tho' so need to be careful with the marshmallow....

I just hope they still sell the huge white choc and rasperry cookies - they are fantastic.

These are the only photos I have. My daughters Mickey head with milk choc, M&Ms, sprinkles and white choc drizzle.

2194443760102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

2226059480102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

Yummy!!! I got a marshmellow dipped in choc with oreos. I liked the marshmellow better and it was a deal for about $2.50.

We went to Goofy's for the first time on our last trip and got the pretzel sticks, oh my................. They were so good we can't wait for our next trip to get them again. :earboy2:

Wow, I had no idea you could do that... I always assumed it was just a basic candy store like any other you'd find at a typical mall...

One question, do you personally get to dip the stuff? Or does Disney do the dipping for you?

I have added Goofy's to our list of places to visit...I know an 8 year old little girl that is going to be in heaven....wait....so am I!!!

Trish

Wow, I had no idea you could do that... I always assumed it was just a basic candy store like any other you'd find at a typical mall...

One question, do you personally get to dip the stuff? Or does Disney do the dipping for you?

You mark on a paper what you want and hand the paper to a CM. They do all the dipping. I assume it's more sanitary. ;)

:goodvibes Jennifer

We're veggies tho' so need to be careful with the marshmallow....

I just hope they still sell the huge white choc and rasperry cookies - they are fantastic.

The Mickey Rice Krispy has marshmallow too. So, I assume that's out. Are you able to eat the pretzel rod and chocolate? :thumbsup2 That looked yummy and is on our list for next time.

:goodvibes Jennifer

We love getting the make your own treats!! My favorite is marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate, covered in peanut butter cups then drizzled with caramel....:goodvibes

The gingerbread is really good too.

Here's a picture of the little sheet you fill out (this was from 7/29/08):

IMG_7053.jpg

Last month we went there too and they had some additional things on the sheet, like peppermint flavored holiday shaped sprinkles-they were really good!

Here's the price board (this is also from 7/29/08). I just looked at our receipt from 12/23/08 and the prices are the same as they were then:

IMG_7052.jpg

I wish I hadn't opened this thread. If only my husband took pity on my pregnancy cravings :confused3 . I am having wonderful flashbacks of fudge dipped cookies.

The pictures don't do the treats justice. They are huge, the fudge dipped cookies (basically extremely large oreos) were the size of softballs after they were done dipping them. Make sure to set aside some time to do this, they do set them in a freezer for a couple minutes, we were probably there 20 minutes and we were the only people in line. It was so worth it though! :goodvibes

We just got back on Sunday from WDW and I'm sad to report that crushed peanut butter cups are no longer an option as a topping. My Mickey Head was still awesome, but I did miss those PB cups.

We just got back on Sunday from WDW and I'm sad to report that crushed peanut butter cups are no longer an option as a topping. My Mickey Head was still awesome, but I did miss those PB cups.

Oh no, you mean permanently?? It's not on the selection sheet anymore?

Those look soooo good. Does anyone know if you can use the dining plan snack credits on any of it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter