Goofy Kitchen Disneyland Hotel review - April 2012

user123

Earning My Ears
OK, just ate there (dinner) today, April 17 2012

Ate dinner to take advantage of character dining. Food was dinner buffett, taste/quality/etc probably a 9 to 9.5 out of 10. Excellent ! Think cruise ship dinner buffett type food and that is what you have.

I saw somewhere else on this site or Trip Advisor claiming this place was like Golden Corral. NEGATIVE !!!!!! Food was EXCELLENT.

My background to rate the food comes from being a business traveler, international to include NYC, Mexico City, Bogota hotels and restaurants. La Quinta to Four Seasons. McDonalds to Trulucks and Pappa's Bros. So I would like to think I can rate a buffet line.

Make sure you make a reservation and "check in" (go to cash register, identify yourself, and PAY). The phone reservations told us to show up at the reservation time, which we did, we told a male hostess who we were and he said "ok you will be called." He then disappeared and was not seen again. I then inquired with cash register people and they said "no, you need to pay, then we will call you."

Apparent miscommuniction. Hey it happens every day to include at NASA so lets give them a break.

Waiters excellent, food excellent. Pricey but its Disney land guys, get the wallet out and enjoy seeing your kids precious smiles. :rotfl:

Summary:

Excellent food, excellent experience.

We've always been happy with our meals there too. What characters did you see?

Thanks for the reviews. That settles it for us, we are defiantly going for Goofy's Kitchen verses Ariel's Grotto. We were on the fence and this settles it :)

Thank you for the great review.

We are on the fence about booking this for our trip in June.

Which characters did you see? How was the interaction with Goofy? He's my daughter's (16 at time of trip) favorite character and the only reason we are thinking about booking this meal.

I couldn't agree more! Most people on the boards talk up breakfast over dinner. In our experiences, 3 times in the past 4 years, we have LOVED dinner! Always a super fun and tasty time! :thumbsup2

My family is not a big fan of buffets. But we love going to Goofy's.

Our last trip (January 2012) we went for dinner for the first time. All previous trips have been brunch (and we LOVE brunch). We are very pleased with dinner. All the selections were soooo good. There was a shrimp tortellini dish that was so good, I still think about it. I literally had to walk away from the food. It was so good it was hard to stop.

When were were there in January we saw Aurora, Snow White, Captain Hook, Alice, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Pluto, and I know there were more too.

Thanks for the review. I have read mixed reviews on the food at Goofy's kitchen but we are looking forward to trying it out finally in July. I was torn between doing breakfast/brunch or dinner and finally decided on dinner ( I think) because the food seems to be a good selection, and dessert bar -yay! I also read a few places that there are more characters at night and it is not as rushed as during the day. I hope this is true. I am hoping to mainly get as many autographs as we can while eating so this will elimitate multiple stops in the park and waiting, to allow us to do more rides so we will def. be getting autograph books ready before we go.

Which characters did you see? How was the interaction with Goofy? He's my daughter's (16 at time of trip) favorite character and the only reason we are thinking about booking this meal.[/QUOTE]

We had our photo taken with Goofy (package deal) before we were seated--they had a special background. It was our first and only time eating there--so I can't guarantee it, but it makes sense that your DD would get to see Goofy! :)

OK, just ate there (dinner) today, April 17 2012

Ate dinner to take advantage of character dining. Food was dinner buffett, taste/quality/etc probably a 9 to 9.5 out of 10. Excellent ! Think cruise ship dinner buffett type food and that is what you have.

I saw somewhere else on this site or Trip Advisor claiming this place was like Golden Corral. NEGATIVE !!!!!! Food was EXCELLENT.

My background to rate the food comes from being a business traveler, international to include NYC, Mexico City, Bogota hotels and restaurants. La Quinta to Four Seasons. McDonalds to Trulucks and Pappa's Bros. So I would like to think I can rate a buffet line.

Make sure you make a reservation and "check in" (go to cash register, identify yourself, and PAY). The phone reservations told us to show up at the reservation time, which we did, we told a male hostess who we were and he said "ok you will be called." He then disappeared and was not seen again. I then inquired with cash register people and they said "no, you need to pay, then we will call you."

Apparent miscommuniction. Hey it happens every day to include at NASA so lets give them a break.

Waiters excellent, food excellent. Pricey but its Disney land guys, get the wallet out and enjoy seeing your kids precious smiles. :rotfl:

Summary:

Excellent food, excellent experience.

I have to agree and we had 8 characters circling.

Jack

We loved it so much that on our last trip to DLH we ate there twice! We celebrated my sons sixth birthday one day and mines the next. The food is great, there's a selection of foods for the pickiest eaters and adults but the characters are what make it special. My son is still talking about it and wanting to go back!

I just made reservations for this dinner for our first trip to Disneyland in June. Thank you for the great review!
ABout cost:I was told $36 adults/$18 kids(3-9). Under 3 free.

I've never had the dinner buffet--glad to hear it was good. I've been to Goofy's for the breakfast buffet 3 times and it was pretty bad every time. On the other hand, we've done Ariel's Grotto numerous times and never had a bad experience so we just quit trying Goofy's.

Glad your experience was good. Our experience was not nearly as good and I was very disappointed. We were there for dinner April 15. This is my review:

Goofy's Kitchen: Overall I was disappointed and wish we would have done Ariel's Grotto instead. The food was mediocre at best and my daughters had a difficult time finding any food they would eat. Character interaction left a lot to be desired. We were there the first night of our trip and were really hoping for a good experience. Right after we sat down, Alladin stopped to see us. He spent a lot of time interacting with the girls. After that we had no other characters visits us - even though they came close they did not stop at our table. I finally asked our waiter after we were done eating if any others were going to come visit. He went to speak with the manager and finally others came to see us: Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto and Mulan. We had the opportunity to see each of these many times during our visit in the parks so I don't think it added much to our trip. We had to wait an hour after we had finished our dinner to see all the characters. It definitely did not live up to our expectations of character dining. My other complaint is that we were celebrating our daughters' birthdays, told them when we checked in, told the hostess and told the waiter. Nothing special was done for the girls even though all around us others were getting special treatment/cupcakes.

Thank you for the great review.

We are on the fence about booking this for our trip in June.

Which characters did you see? How was the interaction with Goofy? He's my daughter's (16 at time of trip) favorite character and the only reason we are thinking about booking this meal.

We got to see Goofy as we were entering and took a family pic with him that they sell for $32.

Goofy is everywhere in DL. We didn't stop to see him every time we could, but passed by him at least 12 times during our 3 full days and 2 half days.

We are heading to DL next week and have a reservation for Sunday's dinner. Is anyone familiar with the parking situation? Can we park at the Disneyland Hotel? If so, for how long can we park there? We are taking our two young kiddos (almost 1 and almost 3) so I like to over plan to avoid any meltdowns!
Thanks in advance, Tracy

I've been to Goofy's Kitchen 3 times for brunch (1996, 1999, 2010) and have never once had a bad experience. I don't remember the trips in 1996 or 1999 very well, but the one in 2010, we had about 7-8 characters stop at our table, and another 3 or so that didn't bother stopping at our table (WTH is up with that?!). We loved the food, too. I'm just a little worried for our upcoming October trip, and paying $18 for our DD who will have just turned 4. She VERY rarely eats a meal. I hope the character interaction makes it worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter