• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodmorning folks - Western Carribean Update

Live From the Magic

Earning My Ears
Well guys we could not have asked for more perfect weather yesterday in Key West. The sun was shining.

I did find out that the new disembarkment procedure are only for Key West. We will only be able to use one gang pank as the ship is larger than the dock. We will be using Dock B. On our previous trip to Key West (Diverted there by a hurricane) we had docked at the Navy Shipyard area. I like Dock B much better. It lets you off the ship right into the downtown area of KeyWest. Just two blocks south(?) of Duval Street. If you dock in the Navy docks, you have to be shuttled to down town.

We did the GlassBottom Boat excursion. I would give it an 7 to 8. But that may be an unfair rating. Apparently the waves were way to high for us to go to the Coral Reef, so the captain took us to a Coral Garden in the Gulf. It was not as colorful as I would have expected. I like Coral World much better. The saving grace for this excursion was our narrator/guide. She was very knowledgable about the reefs and coral. I would have loved to have heard the whole presentation. My side of the boat just wanted to talk to each other all the time so it was hard to hear her. Warning about this excursion. If you are prone to seasickness, you may not want to get down in the lower viewing areas. I am on the "patch" this week. No seasickness symptoms on the Magic at all. But when I got down in the wells, oh baby.

The Atlantis booth outside said the Atlantis submarine was closed yesterday due to the waves.

The best "excursion" we had was on Deck 10 between 7:45 to 8:00. This one was sponser by the Almighty. The ship docks on the west side of the island, so DCL started up the band and we all watched the most beautiful sunset.

The movies playing this week are Count of Monte Cristo, Snow Dogs, Rookie, Harry Potter, Monsters Inc. and another I can't remember. They are showing a matinee of Harry Potter in the Walt Disney Theater this afternoon. The Thursday Prem"ears" will be the Rookie.

Well guys, back to the room to make sure Matt has done his homework for today. I will try to catch you guys later.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to
update the rest of us sitting at home.
Sounds like everything is going great - we leave
8/17 - NOW, with your report, i am very anxious
to see Key West. Keep 'em coming.

That Key West is quite an adventure - am getting some new pamplets to hand out of Key West - has a short history to KW and then some - Have a great week
Always,
Shirley

I love these live updates! Can't wait until you all write trip reports about all the nitty gritty stuff we all love.

Have a great time.
Tina
Western 1/03:bounce:

On behalf of all of the June 22 cruisers, thanks for the information. We are waiting for any bit of information we can get. Have a wonderful day at sea today and a fabulous day tomorrow in Grand Cayman.

Howard

Keep those updates coming! Thanks for your report.

Thanks Robin...very much look forward to seeing your post when I come home from work!! Wishing you tons of pixie dust!! Enjoy and happy cruisin'
Laurie
:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter