Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

I hate the concept of the theme, "happily ever after." Most people don't get a happily ever after. That said, we can all relate to that wish, that hope, that dream. I'm hoping the show will be great but I don't want it to focus on happy endings just because but to make you feel something about hopes and dreams.

Ya well, the other way to look at it is "get over it". It's a firework show. Things change. 15 years is long enough. Disney is not each person's individual nostalgia trip. Someone is going to see this new show and it will mean the world to them. And one day, in a decade or two, it will also go away and they will be here posting about how much they miss it.

Didn't we all watch The Lion King? it's called the circle of life.

Pretty sure in the lion king, one of the things they do is mourn the end of things they love, they don't just "get over it" ...

Seriously, having a little compassion for people and for the things they value, love, and will miss would go a long way.

I'm so glad I made seeing Wishes a priority on my recent trip, I had never actually watched it from the hub. Usually I'm hitting rides or standing in Fantasyland while it's going off, was on 7DMT for Wishes one night after it had rained and I can never top that!

The music for wishes actually made me emotional, and I'm not one to get very emotional. I have high hopes for the new show, but I definitely worry about the projections. They look neat but I can never really see them because of tall people/shoulder kids/trees.

For me, the music of my childhood movies - snow white, cinderella, peter pan, dalmatians, sleeping beauty, - all the real classics, is the emotional part of Wishes. The music from the movies of my children, alladin, beauty & the beast, mermaid, etc., while still every bit as good, just isn't quite the same for me. But that's just me...I'm a child of the 50s & 60s and I'm probably not the targeted audience for the newer shows and attractions. When we watched Disneyland, and later the Wonderful World of Color every Sunday night, Walt was talking to US.... Older than dirt...but a deep love for those memories. When I watched Wishes with my now adult kids, yep, I teared up. I'll always have those memories.

That said, I'm looking forward to the new show, but like others have said, not a huge fan of too much reliance on projections.

I hate the concept of the theme, "happily ever after." Most people don't get a happily ever after. That said, we can all relate to that wish, that hope, that dream. I'm hoping the show will be great but I don't want it to focus on happy endings just because but to make you feel something about hopes and dreams.
Most people don't realize their "Wishes" either.

Wow, can't disagree with you any more. Maybe you didn't get your happily ever after but by no means do I agree that MOST don't get theirs. Besides, I don't think Disney is trying to insinuate that with the show anyway

Love Wishes and glad we will be down in May to catch it.

As far as projection shows go, I hope this has more fireworks then the new Star Wars show at DHS. We were down last May and loved the Star Wars fireworks. Were down again in October and saw the new Star Wars projection and fireworks show and was very disappointed. While the projections were great, I really missed the fireworks (yes I know there were some but nothing like the earlier show).

Glad we will be able to experience Wishes one last time. I will make sure to video tape it - so I can watch it at home whenever I want to.

Please just be good that's all I ask I get "the feels" every time I watch Wishes...

World of Color the old show gave me the same feeling the new one with NPH did not...

They have such a high bar to rise to...

I would prefer Wishes with a updated projection show to go with the story being heard but alas...

Just saw Wishes in December and we are considering going again in July. This will definitely help convince us to go! We loved Wishes, but we're ready for something new!

Awesome picture!

I'm pretty upset about Wishes leaving, but I'm also sure that this new show will live up to its predecessor. Thankfully, we'll be at the Magic Kingdom once more before Wishes leaves, and see it one more time. Also, we are lucky that after it's gone it will always be waiting to be watched on YouTube! :D

Awesome picture!

I'm pretty upset about Wishes leaving, but I'm also sure that this new show will live up to its predecessor. Thankfully, we'll be at the Magic Kingdom once more before Wishes leaves, and see it one more time. Also, we are lucky that after it's gone it will always be waiting to be watched on YouTube! :D

I don't have the faith you have. WDW is the only property where the fireworks are standalone so I'm happy to see it getting a mix, I just hope it's because of the new nokia projector sponsor and not because they want to cut down on the fireworks.. jingle bam really sucked, it was a 10 minute prep and landing short with fireworks ending. star wars, I like star wars and I really don't care if I miss the fireworks after seeing it a couple times but I think that is because I really loved the original in your face star wars fireworks that it's not with the new launch pad outside the park. I love that wishes is changing, just hoping for equally as good new. Also interested to see what happen july 4, nye and the party versions...

basically if I can't stand behind the castle without huge no firework gaps and no projection, I won't be happy.

They're changing it - well that just **** perfect considering I only ordered this last week......

My wife ordered a shirt for our Feb. trip that said "It's a Rope Drop to Wishes Kind of Day." That shirt was good for exactly one trip lol.

Once Upon a Time with a Happily Ever After, how fitting.

It's almost like the planned it!

Also @rteetz you mentioned that it will have more fireworks than Disneyland Forever? If I read that correctly then that does not concern me, as I thought Disneyland Forever was a well done show and had an adequate number of fireworks.

My wife ordered a shirt for our Feb. trip that said "It's a Rope Drop to Wishes Kind of Day." That shirt was good for exactly one trip lol.

It's almost like the planned it!

Also @rteetz you mentioned that it will have more fireworks than Disneyland Forever? If I read that correctly then that does not concern me, as I thought Disneyland Forever was a well done show and had an adequate number of fireworks.
I dont think I said Disneyland forever but I have heard it will have less fireworks than Wishes but more than Star Wars at DHS.

It will be like Disneyland forever but with more pyro. There will be sections with little to no pyro but it's still primarily a firework show.

Sorry - I was going on the post above below which made me think you meant it would have more pyro than Disneyland Forever.

I dont think I said Disneyland forever but I have heard it will have less fireworks than Wishes but more than Star Wars at DHS.

The thing about less fireworks and more projections is that I think it could affect add-ons, specifically Pirates N Pals. The fireworks were so fabulous from the boat, and I didn't feel we missed any of the story. But if they reduce the fireworks, I don't know that I'd spring for PnP again...

The thing about less fireworks and more projections is that I think it could affect add-ons, specifically Pirates N Pals. The fireworks were so fabulous from the boat, and I didn't feel we missed any of the story. But if they reduce the fireworks, I don't know that I'd spring for PnP again...

I think thats a big reason why they won't be reducing the pyro. I think it would produce a ripple effect across some of the signature restaurants and resorts with theme park view. Plus they have the new fancy wishes dessert party offering at California Grill starting soon. It's only for a couple months, one day a week, but that's a good way to get revenue on nights they may not have events otherwise.

I think thats a big reason why they won't be reducing the pyro. I think it would produce a ripple effect across some of the signature restaurants and resorts with theme park view. Plus they have the new fancy wishes dessert party offering at California Grill starting soon. It's only for a couple months, one day a week, but that's a good way to get revenue on nights they may not have events otherwise.
I think they're stupid enough to try it anyway... but we'll have to wait and see.

This news made me so sad :( but i am excited to see what is coming! Knowing Disney, it will be amazing...but if not, i get more ride time while everyone else watches :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter