Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Ooohh, I forgot about Chicken of the Sea! That pirate ship served absolutely delicious hot tuna sandwiches. And I bought many shirts over the years in the Pendelton shop in Frontierland.

Just a quick bit of trivia ... all of the following were sponsors / lessees in Disneyland when the park opened in 1955. These were brands that were visible, with signage or brand identity in or on the various attractions, shops and restaurants in the park on opening day (back when Walt was very much alive).

• Richfield
  • Bank of America
  • Carnation
  • Coke
  • TWA
  • Kodak
  • Fritos
  • Monsanto
  • Pendelton
  • Pepsi
  • Aunt Jemima's
  • Santa Fe
  • Swift
  • Timex
  • Upjohn
  • Chicken of the Sea
  • Western Printing and Litho
  • Hollywood Maxwell Intimate Apparel
  • Town Square Realty
  • Kaiser Aluminum
  • Ruggles China & Glass Shop
  • Grandmas Baby Shop
  • Sunny View Farms Jellies & Jams
  • Blue Bird Shoes for Children
  • Ellens Gift Shop
  • Gibson Greeting Cards
  • Jewelry Store, Random Parts Inc
  • Wonderland Music
  • Wurlitzer
  • Maxwell House Coffee
  • Bekins
  • Dutch Boy Paints
  • Puffin Bakery

I think it's pretty hard to make an argument that Walt would not have liked a Starbucks sponsorship at WDW when he was okay selling Blue Bird kids shoes, Gibson Greeting Cards, Maxwell House coffee, and having both Coke and Pepsi in the parks.

:earsboy:

I have to admit that I am not a fan of the MSB Cinnamon roll. Actually preferred the ones I've had at Starbucks (though I don't like them much either).

I think I'm in the minority but I just don't like cinnamon rolls. :confused3

Yes they can. The cinnamon roll has been reported at least over at the Dumbo Circus Tent in the new Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwich is available at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, Fountainview Cafe in Epcot, Dino-Bites in AK and Hollywood Scoops in DHS. That is what I found on Disney's Food Blog.

The Cinnamon Roll is also in Gaston's Tavern with a delicious maple frosting... :goodvibes

I think I'm in the minority but I just don't like cinnamon rolls. :confused3

Starbucks here in Chicago feature a Morning Bun which is far fewer Weight Watcher points than the gooey frosting covered ones being discussed. I am really hoping they carry the Morning Bun in the revamped Bakery going forward.

Ducking and running....

C'mon people, you're arguing over a cup of coffee and a pastry.... no need to take jabs at one another..i promise, it'll be alright:thumbsup2

further, i'm not usually one to bicker about what disney does and does not do, because either way, i'm still going to flock to the parks and have a blast:cool1:.. but I'm on board with the ones who are against this. Not that I don't like Starbucks, I think its great! I just think it'll seem a little out of place on Main Street, and the MSB was a classic..however, I'm sure I'll adapt:goodvibes

No I said I would admit I was wrong if it became a Starbucks location which is what you are claiming it would become. You said refurbishment and opening a Starbucks actually meant closing MSB. You have been arguing that it is impossible to interpret the Disney release as anything but a closing.

SB location is what it will be according to article, in black in white, problem is some will call it MSB till wrecking ball or look of NYC SB and you are one of them. You called me on specific example, here I am, ready and willing and you try to wiggle from specific example to vague definition which we are not agree on to begin with. So, as I said earlier it was a one side deal. You were trying to make me admit something, accusing of not answering direct questions, for some reason it is that important to you, but you are the one who is actually looking for exit clause. How ironic. What was the point of it anyway. Notice, I never cared about making anyone to admit anything, kind of childish imo, it was all your idea and so exit clause.:confused3

SB location is what it will be according to article, in black in white, problem is some will call it MSB till wrecking ball or look of NYC SB and you are one of them. You called me on specific example, here I am, ready and willing and you try to wiggle from specific example to vague definition which we are not agree on to begin with. So, as I said earlier it was a one side deal. You were trying to make me admit something, accusing of not answering direct questions, for some reason it is that important to you, but you are the one who is actually looking for exit clause. How ironic. What was the point of it anyway. Notice, I never cared about making anyone to admit anything, kind of childish imo, it was all your idea and so exit clause.:confused3

Fiddle, Fifer & Practical Café is a Starbucks Location. Would you say it is closed?

I cant believe there is still peopke arguing about this. Its going to happen. Its not going to look like a starbucks shop. They are going to have better coffee and better pasterys. If you dont like it dont go into it. Its not selling out...its a business decision that many customers have been wanting for years. At the end of every trip we get a survey...one of the questions is what would you like disney to have on the grounds. My answer is pepsi but thats not going to happen. Many others probably put starbucks coffee. I know many people who rent cars to go off grounds just to get a starbucks coffee. Disney knows this is happening and is doing something about it. Its keeping customers happy and on the grounds.

You mentioned you did not read the whole thread, you just popped in the last few pages. There are folks who have posted here that they have cancelled their WDW trips because of this, and others who have organized petition drives asking everyone here to sign. The protests even extend to complaints that the tiles and colors may be changed in the current venue.

Most people feel that boycotting WDW is overreacting to the change in sponsorship of Main St. Bakery to Starbucks. Hence the strong feelings you are finding on this thread.

So, yes, there is heavy discussion on both sides of this issue, and the debate of each person's position is definitely being scrutinized.

The nice thing about DIScussions here is that you can bow out any time, not open the thread etc. But if you enjoy this type of "debate" then you are able to go on with presenting your viewpoints.

Hope this helps explains some of the history behind the topic here for you. :)

I am not responding to you personally but since you brought it up I quote your post. Please do not feel as if it directed towards you, I have nothing against you, it is general comment.

Just because someone has an opinion, sarcasm and rude comments are acceptable, since when? Why when presenting a point the whole garbage, collective stereotype about opposite side is dropped on a person. Brunette popped in just few last pages and it is easy to follow her few posts, does she deserve this mess? I popped a bit earlier with many posts and repeated my position many, many times, including that I actually like SB and do not support hysteria of canceling trips, did it matter? I got just the same mess on my head just because this is how some people are. If someone do not like your opinion, which I and Brunette are entitled to, we, personally will be taken apart. Instead of staying on topic, personal attacks, rudeness and sarcasm is in place and it is actually against Dis rules. So yes, we can stay off the thread but why should we? We have opinion and open for discussion. If someone cannot keep it on adult level and according to rules maybe they are the ones who should stay away from thread. After all, it is discussion board, place for conversation and not fights to take place.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

You are already wrong. It's not going to look like a Starbucks, why would you even think this? Why would Disney want that look? You are throwing out all sense of logical thinking as it pertains to Disney.

some quotes from the Disney Food Blog.

the Starbucks locations will adhere as much as possible to the theme of the parks where they’re located.

Magic Kingdom’s Starbucks will have an early 20th century theme to fit in with Main Street USA. Baristas will be costumed in period wear.

This is what is at DCA:
P05-0005.JPG

Not this:
starbucks_533.jpg

Fiddle, Fifer & Practical Café is a Starbucks Location. Would you say it is closed?

Closed what exactly? Are you trying to run more circles here. I am in no position to say much about DL, I was never there and cannot compare. I am not even sure what was there before or how it looked like. I stated my position with WDW clearly. I base it on what I know from the only official source we have now. Want to speculate, be my guest, but I am not going to run yet another pointless circle for someones amusement. I see how rudely Brunette was treated, I am not interested in this mess.

Closed what exactly? Are you trying to run more circles here. I am in no position to say much about DL, I was never there and cannot compare. I am not even sure what was there before or how it looked like. I stated my position with WDW clearly. I base it on what I know from the only official source we have now. Want to speculate, be my guest, but I am not going to run yet another pointless circle for someones amusement. I see how rudely Brunette was treated, I am not interested in this mess.

Take a chill pill. Nothing about that response was rude towards you.

Petitions are useless information. They tell you that a bunch of people don't like the idea, but there is no calibration. They don't tell you how many people DO like the idea.

This is the letter people are being asked to sign:

Petition Letter
Do not replace the Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks

Main Street USA is the gateway to the Walt Disney Park. It is designed evoke Walt Disney's roots in a small Midwestern town. To take the bakery and change it into a Starbucks reeks of corporate greed and destroys the small town atmosphere.

[Your name]

Not only have contracts been signed and it's a done deal, I can't imagine Disney will listen to people who can't even get the name of the park right.

This is the letter people are being asked to sign:

Petition Letter
Do not replace the Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks

Main Street USA is the gateway to the Walt Disney Park. It is designed evoke Walt Disney's roots in a small Midwestern town. To take the bakery and change it into a Starbucks reeks of corporate greed and destroys the small town atmosphere.

[Your name]

Not only have contracts been signed and it's a done deal, I can't imagine Disney will listen to people who can't even get the name of the park right.

I think they meant "Walt Disney Parks" because there's a Starbucks going in in Epcot as well. Either way it doesn't matter because if they wanted a general public opinion on this they'd have asked for one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter