Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

There is no way for them to put SB into the bakery AND keep it the MSB it is today. It's not possible.

You can't change something AND keep it the same.

No you can't but you can minimize changes to fit whatever you need, coffee machines in this case, or you can remodel completely and come out with new idea, not necessary bad in terms of design and fitting but new as opposed to old and iconic.

Petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/wal...place-the-main-street-bakery-with-a-starbucks

I don't like it overall, was more mad at first. It just needs to be: "Main Street Bakery will now serve Starbucks" not "Starbucks replacing MSB"

Which one really is it? I just hope it is done right, not messing up the theme!!

I seen pics of the DCA one and it does look nice and doesn't seem to mess up the theme there.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... a petition will do absolutely nothing to change Disney's mind. Unfortunately it's a done deal - contracts have been signed. But hey, if signing the petition makes you feel better, then by all means, sign away.

cac5e18cb07b2b9da421db96feba9bf6.png

No you can't but you can minimize changes to fit whatever you need, coffee machines in this case, or you can remodel completely and come out with new idea, not necessary bad in terms of design and fitting but new as opposed to old and iconic.

Ok. So if the inside structure is remodeled but the themes and items remain the same inside and out... you'd still be upset because the actual placement of things has changed?

brunette8706 said:
No, I mean the integrity of the Main Street Bakery. Personally, I look the look and feel of it. Also, it's a classic and it's been there since the beginning. I wonder if they will still sell their "homemake" ice cream between two cookies sandwiches? That is always a treat when my family goes there. :goodvibes

Even if they discontinue this in the MSB, you will still be able to get it in Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Liberty Square

I've been looking through some older pictures of MSB because of this thread, the only thing iconic about it, is that it's been a bakery....on Main Street USA. The inside and the outside have changed a few times over the years.

Nostalgia, not really Disney nostalgia but personal nostalgia is getting in the way of a lot of peoples view on this change.

There is no way for them to put SB into the bakery AND keep it the MSB it is today. It's not possible.

You can't change something AND keep it the same.

But I see new and improved labels on products all of the time. :rotfl:

New+and+Improved+burst.jpg

I have always found that to be an oxymoron. Not sure how it can be improved if it is new. :upsidedow

Ok. So if the inside structure is remodeled but the themes and items remain the same inside and out... you'd still be upset because the actual placement of things has changed?

No, I will not be upset then. If it turns to be same exact theme as we have now, not similar to fit surroundings but same, you know, same tiles, same colors, with only change is to be addition of machines and whatever items they feel like to add, even sign outside and few SB logo items to buy like mugs, I will not care. The feel of the bakery would stay the same in this case with only addition of something new, why not.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... a petition will do absolutely nothing to change Disney's mind. Unfortunately it's a done deal - contracts have been signed. But hey, if signing the petition makes you feel better, then by all means, sign away.

cac5e18cb07b2b9da421db96feba9bf6.png

Many people on this thread have said the customer has complained about the coffee for awhile now (I didn't) and now Disney has listened so.........maybe a petition won't work right away but 3 years from now we could have a Panera Bread on Main Street !!:joker:

No, I will not be upset then. If it turns to be same exact theme as we have now, not similar to fit surroundings but same, you know, same tiles, same colors, with only change is to be addition of machines and whatever items they feel like to add, even sign outside and few SB logo items to buy like mugs, I will not care. The feel of the bakery would stay the same in this case with only addition of something new, why not.

Now I'm confused :confused3 So you don't mind it being refurbished, you just object to it being taken away completely and replaced with a Starbucks.

But nobody, not even Disney, has said MSB is being taken away completely.

I've been looking through some older pictures of MSB because of this thread, the only thing iconic about it, is that it's been a bakery....on Main Street USA. The inside and the outside have changed a few times over the years.

Nostalgia, not really Disney nostalgia but personal nostalgia is getting in the way of a lot of peoples view on this change.

Thank you I was starting to think I was crazy. I know it looks different than it did less than 10 years ago.

If Disney was refurbishing MSB without adding SB and changed the colors and the tiles, etc would you be this upset? Would you be up in arms if they painted the walls a different color?

They have to update these things. The tiles they used 10 years ago aren't available today. They'd have to change.

If they keep MSB goods available with the addition of the SB treats, whether they change the structure or colors, while keeping the theme intact and the same there should be no issues.

Did you get upset the other times they refurbished the bakery?

If Disney was refurbishing MSB without adding SB and changed the colors and the tiles, etc would you be this upset? Would you be up in arms if they painted the walls a different color?

They have to update these things. The tiles they used 10 years ago aren't available today. They'd have to change.

If they keep MSB goods available with the addition of the SB treats, whether they change the structure or colors, while keeping the theme intact and the same there should be no issues.

Would you be upset if they change color of the castle and I mean permanently or maybe rebuild it completely into another castle? It still be castle, just not the old one.

Would you be upset if they change color of the castle and I mean permanently or maybe rebuild it completely into another castle? It still be castle, just not the old one.

Why do you have such a hard time answering questions? You always answer with another question.

Seriously?!! comparing floor tiles and wall color in a bakery to the outside of Cinderella's Castle....haha. Are you even serious anymore? You are setting yourself up to be seriously disappointed. Yes, the bakery is going to change on the inside....probably a lot. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 6 months to install a couple of coffee machines. What you are hoping for is completely unrealistic.

I think this is comparing apples to cheeseburgers. The castle is the focal point and icon of the Magic Kingdom. All Disney commercials have the castle, not a bakery that has been refurbed a few times. When people see the castle they think of Disney, but if you were to have a commercial that shows the bakery, most people would be like this guy ---> :confused3.

It is totally okay that you are passionate about it and that is it special to you, but we should really be realistic about the comparison you are trying to make.

What?

We're really going to compare THE castle that MK was built around, and the symbol that is used in all of Disney marketing to a bakery at the front of the park? Come on.

Still on a vastly larger scale, you possibly compare the dress changes to the princesses. And no, didn't bother me at all. They were enhanced and upgraded versions of the dresses. They all look like themselves and they dresses look better.

You can hardly compare the symbol of the entire company with a single bakery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter