Goodbye Kouzzina

Never tried it, as as many others have said, the menu didn't appeal to me. Quite honestly, I never really felt as though it fit the theme of the Boardwalk, if that makes any sense. A sports bar, a seafood and steak place, a beer pub....They seemed to fit for some reason. I'm thinking something a bit more family friendly on the chain side of things. Another Planet Hollywood, or perhaps Disney's own Hard Rock Cafe. Certainly not overly exciting, but would draw huge crowds (especially a HRC).

I doubt they'd put a Hard Rock within such closeness to another one (at Universal)

I have to agree that I am glad to see it go. This restaurant was a horrid experience for me. The food was tolerable, but far from good. The atmosphere was just ok. But when you have gone through special diets, talked with your server and the chef, and still are served something that you are allergic to, well.........

MY guess is that it will be something other than a place that might compete with the Flying Fish.

What that "other" might be is another matter.

BRG and ESPN already there so no need for another place like those..

In no way am I sad about this. It will have to be a middle of the road type place give the two pubs and the high end fish joint . That said, I am lobbying for a BBQ place as a destination to compete with a different choice than what you can find at EPCOT / like Red Hot and Blue BBQ.

I doubt they'd put a Hard Rock within such closeness to another one (at Universal)

Anything is possible in Orlando. Look how close the 2 Rainforests are. Every other chain down there has a location practically every other block. In any other city, it would never happen. But you know that Hard Rock would LOVE to sink it's teeth into Disney property.

I second a NJ diner type restaurant or a full QS which is desperately needed there.

Definitely don't want a cheesesteak place. Get them anywhere outside of Philly and they are NOT the same. If you're from the area you know.

The two times we went there we had out main courses brought to the table before we were finished with the appetizers. That should NEVER happen at a restaurant, and definitely not twice out of two visits!! We swore off the place after that. Can't wait to see what will take its place. Agreed a BBQ or even full QS would be nice.

I am going to be that person who disagrees with everyone else.

Hard Rock Cafe does not belong on the boardwalk. Why do people adore chain restaurants? I just don't get it. You do not need another burger and chicken sandwich place. Go to ESPN or the pub there if you want a burger. I used to work in NYC and I will never forget the day a tourist family asked me in central park how to get to The Olive Garden. HELLOO people you are in NYC!! - go to Little Italy or one of the many other italian restaurants and get a REAL authentic italian meal. Why travel all this way and go to the Olive Garden!! (of course I did not say that and told them how to get to Times Square) Same goes for Disney --why travel all the way there to a land of imagination and just go to a Hard Rock Cafe.

I liked Kouzzina because it was different. I was also a fan of Cat Cora because I watched a lot of food network. They should put a more unique restaurant there like Sanaa or something with a boardwalk or vintage theme to it. Some diners are really good and some are not. I agree that there should be a place there that serves a sit down breakfast but it would be nice to have something unique instead of the same pancakes and bacon served at all the buffets around property. Perhaps an upscale diner with stuff like a marscapone waffle ;)

I was so sad to hear that this morning.
We really liked it there.
DH's favorite dinner spot for the Fisherman's Stew.

Glad to see it go as it was never one of our favorite places to dine. I agree with the others who favored Spoodles over Kouzzina. I'll be interested to hear what will take over the space.

The menu never appealed to anyone in our family so, for us, it's no loss (sorry for those who enjoyed it tho!)

We will miss Kouzzina. It was a nice change of pace. We were fortunate to always have good meals and service. IMHO they could close Flying Fish and I would smile. I feel it is overpriced and inconsistent. To each his own. Here's to hoping for an exciting venue.

Hard Rock Cafe does not belong on the boardwalk. Why do people adore chain restaurants? I just don't get it. You do not need another burger and chicken sandwich place. Go to ESPN or the pub there if you want a burger. I used to work in NYC and I will never forget the day a tourist family asked me in central park how to get to The Olive Garden. HELLOO people you are in NYC!! - go to Little Italy or one of the many other italian restaurants and get a REAL authentic italian meal. Why travel all this way and go to the Olive Garden!! (of course I did not say that and told them how to get to Times Square) Same goes for Disney --why travel all the way there to a land of imagination and just go to a Hard Rock Cafe.

I liked Kouzzina because it was different. I was also a fan of Cat Cora because I watched a lot of food network. They should put a more unique restaurant there like Sanaa or something with a boardwalk or vintage theme to it. Some diners are really good and some are not. I agree that there should be a place there that serves a sit down breakfast but it would be nice to have something unique instead of the same pancakes and bacon served at all the buffets around property. Perhaps an upscale diner with stuff like a marscapone waffle ;)

Unique doesn't mean money and that is why Kouzzina failed.

Disney has requirements that can be difficult to meet, so many guests per hour, table turn rate, and I am sure that the rent for that space is very high.

It will be interesting to see who they have chosen to occupy that space.

:earsboy: Bill

:coffee:

WAIT....................how about a real Jewish Deli?

bagels, sandwiches, soup, and everything else.................

bagels with smears.............

matzo balls and real noodle soup.........

and......................
anyone else hungry?

I am all for KATZ Deli to open in WDW just not at the boardwalk. I wouldnt mind seeing a Nathan's though. Even though its not NJ its Coney Island but it is a Boardwalk staple after all

Very sad about this. Had an amazing breakfast and dinner there last trip. Kouzzina had definitely made it to our must-do list. Hopefully it's replaced by something awesome. Love Greek food!

Oh, I'm bummed! I've never been and had wanted to. Our trip is in October. I wonder if some sort of QS will go in.

This really stinks. We always stay at BCV and always have one meal at Kouzzina. We are heading down today, and we will eat what will now be our last meal there next Monday. Sad. I love the food, and it's a traditional end of trip dinner for us, lots of great memories with the kids.

That said, I really doubt it would be another chain type place, that would leave Flying Fish as the only high end sit down option. It would also leave FF as the only ADR option at Boardwalk? Not likely. I would think more along the lines of another celebrity chef? Perhaps an Emeril's Chophouse, or Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill?

Sad to see Kouzzina go. I was fortunate to have dinner there last month when I was down on business for a conference a few miles away. Great food, but I can see why Greek style food not being popular to many who find simple meat and potatoes or mediocre chain restaurants so appealing.

I still cannot see why people would want to go to a chain restaurant in Disney AND pay Disney prices when they can get the same at home or go off property.

Spoodles bit the dust when they went to more generic food after the dinning plans came out. Whatever takes their place; I hope it is special enough like Kouzzina or the more original menu at Spoodles to make it to my ADR list.

Do you have any issues with Starbucks being in the parks?

Sad to see Kouzzina go. I was fortunate to have dinner there last month when I was down on business for a conference a few miles away. Great food, but I can see why Greek style food not being popular to many who find simple meat and potatoes or mediocre chain restaurants so appealing.

I still cannot see why people would want to go to a chain restaurant in Disney AND pay Disney prices when they can get the same at home or go off property.

Spoodles bit the dust when they went to more generic food after the dinning plans came out. Whatever takes their place; I hope it is special enough like Kouzzina or the more original menu at Spoodles to make it to my ADR list.

Normally, I agree. But I look at the Boardwalk's eateries as more of a destination, like DTD or City Walk. Doesn't bother me that there's an ESPN Club there. Same thing for the Rainforest and Planet Hollywood at DTD.

I second a NJ diner type restaurant or a full QS which is desperately needed there.

Definitely don't want a cheesesteak place. Get them anywhere outside of Philly and they are NOT the same. If you're from the area you know.

Honestly, Philly Cheesesteaks in Philly are really not that much better than anywhere else I've had them.

Now, if you were to say a roast pork sandwich from Dinic's, then I'd agree.

And I'd be down for a Brazilian Steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter