Goodbye DDP, Hello Orlando Restaurants

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
On vacation and off, we're casual folk. For dinner, we prefer Mom & Pop joints, not chains. Have to admit to enjoying a nice Olive Garden meal though. In January, it's goodbye DDP, hello Orlando Restaurants. Hoping for some recommendations. By the way, we're 2 adults. Thanks all! :3dglasses

We like Shells for seafood.
Outside of Universal are several great rstaurants. Emerils and I can't remember the name of another one we enjoyed.

The Chevy's mexican rest. & Pizzaria Uno's (chains, I know) are casual and good. They are located in Crossroads Plaza where Gooding supermarket is just outside of all the DTD hotels. Definitely convenient when leaving the world. We also have eaten at Benihana's at the Hilton at DTD. It was good, but a little noisy. Good Luck.

Another vote for Uno's! It was a wonderful surprise after an emergency Publix pharmacy trip - they have much more than pizza on their menu, but the pizza is excellent!

You might want to try the Grosvenor with their Saturday evening buffet and mystery show. (Assuming they still have that. :confused3 )
I really the Melting Pot. :cloud9: That's what Disney needs -- a good fondue restaurant. :thumbsup2 7549 W. Sand Lake Road 32819-5019
Phone: (407) 903-1100 [Fax]: (407) 248-9916. We have only been to the one in Longwood, not Orlando.
Emeril's is very good too. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Neither are cheap though.
I would like to try Bubba Gump's Shrimp on City Walk. Sounds good. DH ate there once and liked it.
City Walk also has Hard Rock Cafe.
And Mimi's Cafe is near Millenia Mall. Very good!! :banana:
And Millenia Mall has quite a few good places -- Cheesecake Factory, and McCormick's seafood and steakhouse almost right next door.

I second the Melting Pot!! OMG, my favorite!!!! We don't have one where I live, so I am seriously deprived, it's been about 5 years! hahaha

Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy area-

We loved Passage to India, terrific Indian food, nice folks!

And, dare I say it, there's an Outback in the area, too. Great steak for 2, no worries about ressies, less than 50. bucks, total. What's not to like?

We will always dine some of our nights at Disney, but getting a rental, in the end saves us $$$.

two adults...hit the Orlando Ale house...good food...and a reasonable price....something more upscale try timpanos, seasons 52, Roy’s or any of the Sandlake restaurants...

happy Orlando eating

I can't give directions to it, but I think there's a Bahama Breeze not too far from WDW. That's a good place to eat with fresh food and a nice atmosphere.

There is a great pizza place called Flippers. Their pizza is to die for! We ordered bread sticks in addition to the pizza, they were literally swimming in butter- YUMMY!! This is a must do for our trips now!

We went to the Orlando Ale House in LBV twice during our last trip. It was a nice change from Disney dining, IMO. In July, kids ate free:thumbsup2 The food was good and the atmosphere very laid back.

two adults...hit the Orlando Ale house...good food...and a reasonable price....something more upscale try timpanos, seasons 52, Roy’s or any of the Sandlake restaurants...

happy Orlando eating

I second Orlando Ale house, it's more mom and pop than alot of the recommendations so far. It has a very varied menu and there are daily specials. Good service too!

we think seasons 52 is one of the best restaurants - not too far a drive from disney world ---check out their website - very fresh, seasonal food at a fair price with a nice wine menu
ming is good for chinese food, pebbles is good for a general all around spot
i have heard tu tu tango is a fun place to go but i can't personally vouch for it
...we always try to have one night out of the world!
have a wonderful trip

Vote to "taste of Japan" on Turkey Lake Rd(rt439? I guess)

They serve good Japanese including Sushi.

It is a chain but we still love it. MiMI's Cafe. They also serve breakfast all day long I believe and everything I have had there has been good and the prices are very resonable the kids love eating there. Great chicken fried steak or carved turkey platter and the french toast it delicious.:goodvibes

Love Chevy's and Bahama Breeze. My family loves a big breakfast on vacation, which is strange since at home we are not big on it. We have to hit the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, being from NJ a country bf is a nice change of pace.

Brio Restaurant in Millinium Mall is our absolute favorite restaurant in Orlando........Italian........Yummy flatbreads and focaccio bread, black shrimp appetizer with risotto/fontina cheese AND any of their pasta dishes are terrific....favorite is parmesan crusted chicken signature salad.....google brio restaurant orlando and you can pull up their menu.........YUMMY:woohoo:

Pizza Uno's, we love this place and are getting one close to home!

Off of I drive, Friendlys...God this place has killer ice cream.

There are many more chain places that we go to...we know the food is good and the prices are right...I dont think I would trust a non chain place.

Check out the certificates on Restaurant.com. Mostly more "local" places on there but some great deals!

Unfortunately we are a chain restuarant type of family :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter