Goodbye April, Hello Summer

KristinU

DIS Veteran
After a great stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the Wine and Dine half of a half marathon, we've decided to maximize our April vacation time and fly down and hit WBC again instead of driving our Winnie down to stay at the Fort...however, we've decided to take a nice long summer trip down to the Fort! Win-win! Looking forward to two weeks in late June/early July!

Well that will be relaxing - a two week summer trip.

How was the Wine & Dine Half? I see from your signature you did it last year too.

Bama Ed

Hey Ed! The Wine and Dine was at least drier than last year (it poured the whole time), however this year we had severe weather in the area and before the start they evacuated us to the baseball stadium and field house at ESPN WWoS, where we sat for about 45 minutes waiting to see what was going to happen. The cells finally broke up enough to where they finally said the race was still on and lined us up to start, but they cut the whole Animal Kingdom segment out so it ended up being right around 7 miles (6.8 something on my watch, 7.1 on others). Enjoyable, but a little weird starting an hour later than anticipated fueling-wise, then changing strategy to more of a 10k approach...my whole corral went out a bit too fast, but by then we were chomping at the bit to get running. All in all it was fun, just slightly odd. The after party was fun since we really didn't get a chance to enjoy it last year with the rain (we huddled in the Mexico pavilion for a while then left since it was just too rainy) - glad to be able to walk around and enjoy it this time!

Yuck on the weather, Kristin! :umbrella:

Come down for the January races in 2017. I'm kicking the idea around of slogging through the Full Marathon again and inviting my brothers to choose their poison (Half, 10k, 5k). Of course, they are lazy, non-committal, and skinny already. Damn them!

All in all, though, you got to stay at the Wyndham this trip so it wasn't all bad. I mean, access to room service and all....:rolleyes1

Have a good Thanksgiving and keep running! :cheer2:

Bama Ed

PS - If I don't do the Full in 2017, I am contemplating doing several halves instead. From November to March, there are many Halves around here within a days drive that I could do (spacing them out every 2-3 weeks) especially down along the Gulf coast. But I kinda wanta do another Disney Full first....

Half is my sweet spot, Ed...to be honest, I'm too scared to try a full! I've had too many friends burn out after training for a full and I don't want to wind up hating running, so I always just go with halfs! One of these days, though, a full is on my bucket list so I'll get there some time.

And the Wyndham - no room service as we were in the timeshare villas, but man-o-man are they nice with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Great bang for your buck with renting from an owner...it is my new second favorite place to stay at WDW (the Fort being first of course)!

Love it, TRS! My favorite from Wine & Dine this year was a guy over by the Yacht Club - his sign was "I made a sign!" Totally made me laugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter