Goodbye, 2010!!! What are your biggest memories?

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
What a rollercoaster of a year.

For me it started with a bang, when Mom was trapped and injured in a collapsed building in Haiti. You were all here for support and prayers during the time when we did not know where she was, during the reports that she was hurt but we didn't know how bad, through the long weeks of physical and emotional healing. The love and support from my friends here was a blessing. Thank you so much. :grouphug:

The year ended with a glorious holiday trip to WDW :santa: and the Podcast cruise pirate:- again, I'm so glad my friends here are such a huge part of those memories.

Lots of stuff happened in the middle :rotfl2:, but my DIS friends proved to be there through good and bad, in the happy times and through the scary stuff.

What are the biggest memories of your 2010?

I think my favorite memory of 2010 was flying First Class to Tokyo to see Tokyo Disney Resort.

Second would be getting a hug from Pete on the Wonder!

2010 started out bad for us. I started off sick and at the doctors every week for treatments for 6 months. DH got diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and has been having treatment for that. DS has been going through lots of doctors app trying to get him help...Anyway when it started I wanted 2009 back.

However it has turned around. I am learning to deal with my health issues. The appointments for my son have given us some answers and help us all. We had the most magical Disney vacation and Christmas it ended on a high note. :thumbsup2 I am looking forward to 2011 it can only bring good things. The rest I am kicking out the door! :wizard:

Oh I went back to college and got my first 4.0 ever! :cutie:

2010 started out bad for us. I started off sick and at the doctors every week for treatments for 6 months. DH got diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and has been having treatment for that. DS has been going through lots of doctors app trying to get him help...Anyway when it started I wanted 2009 back.

However it has turned around. I am learning to deal with my health issues. The appointments for my son have given us some answers and help us all. We had the most magical Disney vacation and Christmas it ended on a high note. :thumbsup2 I am looking forward to 2011 it can only bring good things. The rest I am kicking out the door! :wizard:

Oh I went back to college and got my first 4.0 ever! :cutie:

Congrats Kim.

That's awesome.

The past two years for me have been a whirlwind of emotions - ups and downs. I'm not focusing on the negative for my reply here, but instead will post a favorite memory. One of the highlights of 2010 was getting to spend some time with very good friends two weeks ago. Two of them went out of their way to switch what resort I was staying at so we could be closer by. It really was a special time for me. I'm looking forward to more of that in 2011. :hug:

This year has been one of the busiest years I've ever had! Lots of stress at work with lots of changes for both good and bad. I've been dealing with my Mum's two brothers being very sick with cancer and a stroke. On the good side is that I am two credits away from finishing my diploma! :dance3: I have also built my house this year :thumbsup2

I sat down in August and realized that I needed to do something for me! I've worked really hard so I thought I would see if anyone wanted to go on a trip with me to Europe. It's been my dream to go but no one I knew had the money or time off work to do this :sad1: And I don't feel comfortable going solo yet. I had been helping my friend plan her family's first trip to Disney and I got the bug to go again. I have only ever been one time before in 2006. For some strange reason I got it into my head that I would do a solo trip...all of my friends think I'm crazy :rolleyes1 but as you can see by my ticker...I'm going in less than 2 weeks!! :woohoo: I'm so excited! 10 days of going at my own pace...Woo-Hoo!

By the way...I just discovered DIS in September and started listening to the podcasts in October so I am "cramming" and listening to them on my iTouch pretty much from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep! I don't know if I'll finish them by the time I leave though... I'm up to Dec of 2008 :disrocks:

I hope you all have a great 2011!

Susan

I sat down in August and realized that I needed to do something for me! I've worked really hard so I thought I would see if anyone wanted to go on a trip with me to Europe. It's been my dream to go but no one I knew had the money or time off work to do this :sad1: And I don't feel comfortable going solo yet. I had been helping my friend plan her family's first trip to Disney and I got the bug to go again. I have only ever been one time before in 2006. For some strange reason I got it into my head that I would do a solo trip...all of my friends think I'm crazy :rolleyes1 but as you can see by my ticker...I'm going in less than 2 weeks!! :woohoo: I'm so excited! 10 days of going at my own pace...Woo-Hoo!

By the way...I just discovered DIS in September and started listening to the podcasts in October so I am "cramming" and listening to them on my iTouch pretty much from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep! I don't know if I'll finish them by the time I leave though... I'm up to Dec of 2008 :disrocks:

I hope you all have a great 2011!

Susan

Going solo is a fabulous thing! It can be scary at first, but you really have the luxury of doing what you want when you want to. It's very relaxing and fun! Have a great time and :welcome: to the DIS!

Oh wow, Kathy. I somehow missed all that. How very scary!!! Glad that 2010 ended well.

Congrats Kim! :thumbsup2

My biggest memories are of seeing my nephew graduate from law school; me losing weight, getting healthy and then celebrating with a solo trip to WDW; DH reclaiming the job that he lost 2 years ago; and me participating in my first ever race - a half marathon. :yay:

By far the best memory/event of 2010 was the birth of our son Jack on Oct 29th :goodvibes

My best memories of 2010 are of small things.......each day was a blessing. I need to remember that

2010 was definitely a roller coaster of a year, but being a single dad, you learn to go with the flow.

From a Disney perspective, it was our second family WDW trip, and our first DVC trip. What a difference from our first trip in 2009. I knew nothing about WDW back then, or at least the current version, and the only research I did online was dining reviews on allears.net. Through listening to the DIS, WDW Radio and WDW news today podcasts, and of course posting and reading here on the boards, I've learned quite a bit about not only the parks, but the history of both WDW and Walt as a person.

Coming to the parks this time was an entirely different experience. While the All Star Music is great for the price (as Pete reviewed), staying at AKV Jambo house is worth the flight from Toronto itself. Now knowing enough as to when to book the DVC hotel, when to make ADRs, when to call for tour reservations all added up to our best visit yet.

This year, we are going March 24th with my parents (God help me), staying in an SSR treehouse. Once again, DIS came to the rescue, helping me plan every meal for my mother, who is celiac, lactose intolerant, and new food intolerant. :) After the week in WDW, the kids and I are off to another new adventure, that being our first DCL cruise, aboard the Dream.

Non WDW related, 2010 was another blessing. I continue to learn from my children on a daily basis, through their never ending optimism, curiosity and zest for life. I strive to be a better person; as a parent, a coworker, or a friend. This is the year I WILL lose weight, learn to cook, and become a better budgeter. But most importantly I enjoy each day, knowing that for some of us, it may just be our last day.

My favorite moment came from PCC 2.0 and started as a not so great moment. My family and I were running a little late for the group picture on the beach and were walking as fast as we could to get there in time while pushing a stroller trying not to run anyone over. We kept seeing them let people on to the beach so we thought we were going to make it. Turns out we got there just as they stopped letting people on the beach and I stood there right as the pictures were being taken. I have to admit I began to cry as I watched all of their smiling faces getting that cool picture taken and was kicking myself for not making it off of the ship sooner.

My tears of sadness quickly turned to tears or pure joy when just a few steps away was Mickey and he was alone! My son loves Mickey and we had yet been able to get our picture taken with him. I was afraid of how Evan would react being that he is just 1 year old, however, Evan reached right towards Mickey grabbed his nose and just laughed! I will never forget the look on his face when he saw Mickey it really was the best moment of 2010!

SO I may not have a picture of the group photo, but I DO have a WONDERful picture of my sons first meeting of Mickey and that's SOOO much better!

My definite highlight was the birth of my grandson Kai on August 4th! :cloud9: Now we are awaiting our 2nd grandson's arrival - due date is tomorrow! :lovestruc

My best memory would be the birth of my daughter, Mara Jade, in July. princess: What a day that was!!!

My worst memory would be the $$ I've spent on her and her brother's daycare. :scared1:

2010 was a busy year for me. I turned 30, got married, took two awesome trips to WDW, started running, completed 18 races, including two half marathons, and started work on a new musical.

The only real down point of 2010 was losing my father-in-law on February 19th, who we miss greatly.

2011 has some big shoes to fill, but so far is doing a good job.

2010 was a better year for me than the few preceding it. There's still room for improvement but I had a few tough ones in there.
I think my biggest memory is getting to fly to London for the World Premier of Harry Potter 7. It was an incredible trip and I'll probably never walk down the red carpet again! :thumbsup2

Amanda

:) Awesome end to 2011 after some good/bad events of .

We spent most of the day in Cozumel on a tour with our 18 year nephew and ending the night with NC beast's mom/brothers/family on the cruise with balloon drop.

My favorite moment came from PCC 2.0 and started as a not so great moment. My family and I were running a little late for the group picture on the beach and were walking as fast as we could to get there in time while pushing a stroller trying not to run anyone over. We kept seeing them let people on to the beach so we thought we were going to make it. Turns out we got there just as they stopped letting people on the beach and I stood there right as the pictures were being taken. I have to admit I began to cry as I watched all of their smiling faces getting that cool picture taken and was kicking myself for not making it off of the ship sooner.

My tears of sadness quickly turned to tears or pure joy when just a few steps away was Mickey and he was alone! My son loves Mickey and we had yet been able to get our picture taken with him. I was afraid of how Evan would react being that he is just 1 year old, however, Evan reached right towards Mickey grabbed his nose and just laughed! I will never forget the look on his face when he saw Mickey it really was the best moment of 2010!

SO I may not have a picture of the group photo, but I DO have a WONDERful picture of my sons first meeting of Mickey and that's SOOO much better!

Funny how those things happen. Long story short, the same sort of situation happened with me in 2004 and that's how I ended up staying at Disney an extra semester and pledged I would come back after I graduated! <mickey>some imaginatination, huh?</mickey>

Favorite memories in no particular order..hhhmmm
1. I was best man in my best friend's wedding and had an awesome time even if it was cold in WI
2. Laying on the beach with 2 close friends waiting for Discovery to launch in April. We were there really early and had all of cocoa beach to ourselves. Awesome awesome experience
3. PCC 2.0 and more specifically, anything and everything about Bob. He changed my outlook on being a CM and I'm determined to keep that going through 2011 and beyond!
4. getting a promotion and finally getting myself on the right track financially without having to work 60+ hrs every single week

I think I have a few highs and lows of 2010, mainly both myself and my mum having issues with Depression & Anxiety, but for the highs, finding I have the best friends I could find both near me and online, and getting to see Iron Maiden (a big plus since my "lows" were happening at the same time). On a Disney related one, I delved into the UK Disney Pin Trading Community, and have met some awesome people over the last year!

Happy 2011!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter