Good time to go to BCV and be able to swim but less crowds...

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
Fortunately, our children are preschool age so we still don't have to add to the exodus of people who can only travel when the kids are on school breaks. We'll be there soon enough : )

Once we join, we'd like to plan our first visit to BCV sometime after September (that's our "points" month). Does anyone have any suggestions as to when would be a good time to go between September '03 and March '04 to avoid the really big crowds, yet still have warm enough weather to swim?

Thanks,

Deb

September - weather is generally prefect for swimming! But it can be hot - almost as hot as August.

We go every year in October or early November. October is great. Weather is fine for swimming (all Disney's pools are heated) and there are no crowds. Also if you go at the end of October you can hit the
Epcot Wine & Food Festival. It is really a treat.

:D I agree September (after Labor Day week) is good. We went for a four day weekend last Sept. crowds were extremely low and the weather was hot hot hot!!!

Jemima

Late Sept/Early Oct. That's when we went last fall and it was awesome. One late afternoon that we were swimming at SAB there may have been all of 15 people in the kid's side of the pool. Weather was perfect - that week, at least (we were there between both hurricanes last fall that hit the coast of LA.)

Been the last two years with our twin preschoolers in Sept, right after Labor Day and 3-4th week. Great time if not still very hot! The longest wait was probably 10 mins at Dumbo (and this was in the afternoon), but most rides were walkons!! (My DH & DS did Buzz 5 times in a row!!) Still make your ressies for that special meal (like Cinderella breakfast) though just to be sure. Kids lasted at the parks about 4-5 hours then it was off to the hotel for a swim. Note though that hours are shortened and MK nighttime parade and fireworks may only be showing on Sat. night.

This year we are trying early June as they "graduate" from preschool May 30. I know it will be busier than Sept, which can get you very spoiled.:)

I agree, right after labor day is best. Most schools are back in session by then so crowds are low and the weather is great.

We try for September every year. Lowest number of points, wonderful weather, tiny crowds. We've also gone in the first couple weeks of December (fabulous decorations & shows) and in January, also low point times, but the weather is unpredictable and usually too cold for us Texans to swim. I will say, however, that my sister's family from Washington state went to the water parks twice one December trip and had a great time (avg temp outside on those days was 60-70). Too cold for me, but all the pools are heated, so in theory, I guess it shouldn't be too bad once you get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter