• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Texting Apps?

Cruiser1969

Where, oh where, have my little tags gone??
With wifi in the parks now, does anyone have good texting apps to recommend in order to stay in touch with teen DS and DD on the other side of the park?

With wifi in the parks now, does anyone have good texting apps to recommend in order to stay in touch with teen DS and DD on the other side of the park?

You can make actual phone calls for free with the Vonage app if both parties have it. Skype is probably a good instant messenger option.

We use Heywire. Works great- can also send from a computer. Works in Canada and the United States.

Which phones are we dealing with here? iPhones, Android phones or Blackberry

iPhone to iPod texting

Thanks for the responses :)

I have checked out the suggested apps so far ... can't access Whatsapp through Canadian iTunes store though :(

Has anyone tried Pinger?

I like viber. You can send video and pics as well. My kids like kik on their iPhones. I think with viber you do actually need a phone number so it doesn't work with an iPod. I've also used text plus and what's app. Viber is my favourite. :)

WhatsApp is the best! You can definitely get WhatsApp in Canada. My wife, friends and I use it all the time.

What's app is great but doesn't work on iPods just phones. Same with viber. But you can use voxer. Which is like a Walkie talkie app. We use it with my daughter all the time. The only issue you may run into is losing the wifi on the iPod once in a while and therefore data won't come thru....

I don't use an Iphone but couldn't you just use facetime from your Iphone to Ipod.

Forgive me if this is a stupid idea...only my kids use Apple products. I am Apple free.

Thanks, everyone!! The FaceTime idea was an obvious solution I missed! :) I'm also investigating several texting apps suggested for quick messaging.

Thanks, everyone!! The FaceTime idea was an obvious solution I missed! :) I'm also investigating several texting apps suggested for quick messaging.

You don't even need any texting apps, as long as the iPhone and the iPod Touch are running the newest versions of iOS available you can use the Messages app built into the phone, just have the two devices on different iCloud accounts.

You don't even need any texting apps, as long as the iPhone and the iPod Touch are running the newest versions of iOS available you can use the Messages app built into the phone, just have the two devices on different iCloud accounts.

Duh!! Okay, now I feel silly for asking the question to begin with!! ;) Thank you so much!! I'll make sure it's all in running order before we leave! :)

For iPhones I love the Viber App if your in Wifi you can make calls to other Viber users in your contacts for free anywhere in the world!

Whatsapp, Viber, TextMe are all apps that I use. Check them out and see which one suits you the best.

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter