• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

good stopping point between chattanooga and wdw

tngal

DIS Veteran
we will be traveling to wdw in a few months via I-75 and will need a good stop over point. we would prefer somewhere just past the FL line but doesnt look like there is much options, maybe Lake City? Anyone ever stayed here? I know it is not as long a road trip as some of you may have, but 3 of the 6 of us have health/joint issues and have to stop frequently. Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.

I'm in Atlanta so I always just drive - its about 6 hours. Instead of stopping just over the FL line, I would recommend stopping in Valdosta.GA. which is the last major town before the border. There are some decent hotel chains and restaurant chains right off 75south. Valdosta is about 3.5 hours from WDW, depending on how fast you drive. Watch your speed through Vienna, GA and just north of Valdosta. Haven't had a trip yet where they weren't waiting to catch people!
Have fun!

Lake City is fine. All of the major chain motels are in Lake City.

Growing up about 45-50 years ago (this was before the interstates), we would take three days down to Florida. First day, we'd end up in Chattanooga. Second day, Lake City. Third day, our ultimate destination (be it Daytona, St. Petersburg or Miami...this was actually before WDW).

Coming from southern Kentucky, we usually stop in Valdosta, GA for the night. We normally stay at a Hilton Garden Inn off exit 18, but I'm sure all the major chains have places in Valdosta now. It's about 3.5-4 hours to WDW from there, which is a short enough drive for us to still feel like doing something on arrival day.

Valdosta or Lake City are both good stops. Top chains, good eats, safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter