Good stopping point along I-95

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
We are driving to Cape Canaveral in November, leaving on Thanksgiving. We'd like to drive about 10 hours the first day. If we are coming from south central PA (Hershey area) where can we expect to be 10 hours into our trip and where would be a good city to stop over night?

TIA!

You should be able to get to the Savannah area in about 10 hours. That would leave you a bit more than 4 hours the next day.

There are lots of hotels at the intersections all through SC too. Walterboro, etc. Zoom in Google Maps and type "hotels" in the maps search box. You can see ratings and potential prices this way too.

We try to get to Florence, SC. With all the traffic and construction that 14 hour drive ends up being closer to 18 at times. If you shoot for Florence, but think you can push on to Lumberton, or Savanah is good. I usually look on Orbitz, or hotwire and see what the rates are, then go to the website for a good hotel checking AAA or other discounts. With the information for the best rate, I call that hotel directly ask for availability and to match the internet rate. I always had a positive response without worry or prebooking and wondering if we were going to make it to that city. We always seem to max out at the 10 hour mark, kid wise and gramma wise.

We used the iexit app, the free one so it only let you see a few exits vs them all but it worked. My dh would say he was tired and for me to start looking at exits and it showed hotels, food, gas.

We made it to Suwanee, SC our first day. There are a ton of hotels there. We drove from CT. The next day was 9 hours but we went to Ft. Myers.

We used the iexit app, the free one so it only let you see a few exits vs them all but it worked.
Another iExit fan. I found it so useful a few years ago on drives from MA to WDW while looking for homes that I sprung for the paid version just to support the developers. When doing road trips now I frequently use it along with Waze.

We always try to stop just south of a large or medium size city on the way down. It means in the morning we are going against rush hour but we are close enough to a city that we have more then one choice.

I subscribe to TheNextExit.com and it's a pretty low price for the wealth of information. I actually copy/paste the exits for my driving routes when I am driving long distance so that I have all the hotels, Starbucks (I have priorities), restaurants and other things (like Wal-Mart and truck stops.) And we often tow a trailer so I appreciate that RV friendly places are marked in red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter