good stain remover???

surfergirl602

<font color=deeppink>Well you're one step ahead of
Can anyone recommend a good carpet stain remover that actually works? My daughter spilled red juice on the carpet - and we move out next week! I have tried spot shot, but it didn't do anything. Thanks!!!:thumbsup2

I use Spot Shot, it has worked on a lot of stains that other things haven't touched. Oh, I see you tried it!!!!!!

I usually use watered down dish soap first. Anther thing would be to try some oxyclean carpet cleaner. One thing I also do for a super stubborn stain is after I get it as clean as I can I put some white towels (or paper towels) on the stain when wet and put something heavy on it and leave it overnight (or all day). That always seems to help.

Good Luck!

I use the Woolite in the blue aerosol can. It's taken out some pretty nasty kitty cat stains.

This may sound crazy:eek: but shaving cream takes out some stains on carpet. Rub it in, let it sit a few minutes and blot with a white towel. I haven't tried it on red juice, but if you have some I'd give it a try! HTH!

I love the little woolite pods with the built it scrubby. They have worked on everything I have tried it on, and are great for those little accidents.

Just an idea - perhaps some Oxy in a spray bottle - I think it is color safe so it might work - never tried it on red stains - I also usually use spot shot too!

Good Luck!

This will work for you!

Mix together 1/2 tsp Tide
1/2 tsp Dawn dishsoap
4 cups of water.

Put a white hand towel or white rag in the mixture to get it wet. Wring it out so it's not drippy, but still pretty wet and then place the towel over your stain. Then, steam iron over the top. It will take about 30 min. to get it all out, but it works! You'll know this because you'll start to see the rag turning pink.

I did this when my DS spilled cranberry juice on the carpet. Every bit of the red came out.

Good luck

- placed a white towel over the top and ironed like crazy!

Capture, it took out a stain from a tea bag that sat on our light carpet overnight. I rubbed it in and left it. In a few hours I vacuumed it up and no stain. It comes in a bucket from home depot, but I have also seen it at sears. The bucket lasts forever.

I use peroxide!! I have been using it for 10 years. I have not seen too many things that it can't get out. My son threw up grape juice on light blue carpet and the carpet was only a week old. I called the carpet store and they suggested peroxide and to lay a towel over it for several hours. It took it all out. It also works really well on doggie stains.

Natures Miracle - it's sold at Petsmart and other pet supply stores and it works wonders! Also, I have had a lot of luckk with Huggies baby wipes.

Tech stain remover. It's available on Amazon and at Ace Hardware. It's AMAZING. First we clean with plain water and dry with a towel or paper towels to dilute the stain and soak up as much of the color as possible. Then we use the Tech according to package directions. Gets out anything, including red wine! You may have to use it more than once if the stain is really bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter