good snacks to take into the park

wakica

DIS Veteran
We like to take snacks into the parks.
We love to get in as much ride time as is humanly possible within the first 4 hours so we hate to stop for lunch. Then we leave the park by around 2 or 3 so we can then pig out back at the condo OR we have a late combo lunch/dinner around 3/4pm.

SOoo, my question is this. What types of snacks are easy to take into the parks but not too messy or need alot of care so they don't spoil.

I only have a few ideas so far but would LOVE some more suggestions...

1. Muffins and grapes

2. Crackers and cheese (prepackaged snack ones) & apple & raisins

3. Granola bar and banana

We like to take snacks into the parks.
We love to get in as much ride time as is humanly possible within the first 4 hours so we hate to stop for lunch. Then we leave the park by around 2 or 3 so we can then pig out back at the condo OR we have a late combo lunch/dinner around 3/4pm.

SOoo, my question is this. What types of snacks are easy to take into the parks but not too messy or need alot of care so they don't spoil.

I only have a few ideas so far but would LOVE some more suggestions...

1. Muffins and grapes

2. Crackers and cheese (prepackaged snack ones) & apple & raisins

3. Granola bar and banana

We took the Kashi bars and loved them, a good mid day pick me up. Also, bananas and apples are great choices - I can't see grapes surviving in the way we pack our bag!

Goldfish pretzels have always been my favourite snack in the parks, put into individual baggies. But I might have a bit of a bias, as we don't have them in Canada so I have to get my fix whenever I go to the states (which is usually at Disney) ;)

Other than that, granola bars and those pre-packaged snack packs (like ritz bits, or animal crackers) are easy to pack :)

Have a great trip!

Just because I have a mickey cutter for biscuits cookies etc I'm going to try rice krispie treats mickey head ones an had reg M&M's something disneyfied yet much cheaper than buying there.

Gummi bears or dried fruit. the smiles fruit candy from walmart etc works well too as does trail mix.

Graham crackers (plain, with peanut butter, or for a sweet treat with chocolate frosting :goodvibes )

Kashi GoLean Crunch (sometimes mix in some peanuts or almonds)

Giant Cheez-Its (plain or with peanut butter)

Carrot sticks or baby carrots (I'd eat them sooner than later though).

Bagels

We do Uncrustables, those individual packaged apples & caramel and carrots & ranch, peanut butter & cracker packs, granola bars, and fruit snacks.

all great ideas - thanks!!! I am compiling all the ideas into a list and then I will make up some plans for what goes well together. I will find it much easier to have the list so I am more prepared otherwise i will just be throwing random things in our park bag and probably end up needing to buy more. lol

Feel free to add some more ideas :thumbsup2

pre-popped popcorn (from the resort microwave?!) although as someone mentioned, not sure how that would survive a STUFFED bag in the park

home-made trailmix (with everyone's favorite fix-ins) we personally love almonds, m&ms, small pretzels like goldfish pretzels or pretzel squares, marshmallows (mini of course) dried apricots, dried pineapple, craisins, and sometimes cashews (the mix of sweet and salty plus a little protein from the nuts will serve as an awesome pick me up in the middle of the day!!)

I personally love honey bunches of oats just bunches (little clusters of granola) it's GREAT on the go!!

for ds on a long trip usually to my in laws house (over an hr away by car) I usually pack a lot of different snacks in those little snack zip lock baggies (more variety keeps him interested) unless you know that you wont mind eating the same thing til lunch/dinner

Granola bars all types so you don't get bored.
Nutra grain bars
Pop tarts in the am
Uncrustables
apples

One of my favorite things was packing a large can of pringles- it survived the backpack of stuff and gave us all something that really satisfied for awhile.
I also love those individual cups of peanut butter by jif and cracker sticks.

I make my own trail mix: raisins, mixed nuts, M&Ms, pretzels.

I also bring a six-pack of those little peanut butter tubs from home ("Jif to Go"), and pair them with either apple slices (from the food court) or celery sticks (you can get carrot and celery sticks from the food court). Pair celery sticks, peanut butter, and raisins, and you get my old day-camp stand-by, "ants on a log!"

Granola bars, goldfish pretzels, applesauce tubs.

We'll be there in 10 days (but who's counting??? and I just loaded up at Sam's with lots of indivually packaged stuff - trail mix, nuts, fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, yogurt smoothies, pudding cups, powerade, capri sun and water. I also bought some of those deli spiral things you find in the frozen section. I'm going to take several of those in each day too for the days we don't have lunch reservations. We'll probably just snack on this stuff throughout the day and then eat a bigger (more expensive) dinner somewhere. Vice versa for the days we do have lunch reservations.

We pack: Peanut butter crackers, Crasin packs, fruit snacks, cheese it individual packages, animal cracker individual packages, granola bars, bottled water and crystal light packs.

We usually buy a big container of mixed nuts at Sams or Walmart and separate that out into snack sized zip loc bags. Good to munch on, not sweet, won't crush or melt.

For a sweet snack, I usually buy bags of single serve skittles like at halloween or valentines. Otherwise we get a big bag and separate that into snack bags.

We are also gum chewers so we get a big package of gum at sams.

We also bring Mio to flavor what we think is weird tasting (but free) cups of water from CS.

I bring small plastic containers to put grapes, apple slices from counter service meals that are left over. Also, granola and nutri grain bars. Small pretzels, Welch juice snacks, gum, gummy bears ( a real treat). Bananas tend to turn mushy:( so I don't carry them unless I know I will eat them early on in the day. My grandkids love chocolate animal crackers so this is where the small plastic containers come in handy..I also bring Crystal light packets to put in bottled water while in the parks. I carry my refillable mug, ask for ice from CS and then add water from fountains once my water is gone:)

We love to take trail mix and fruit snacks, and the Teddy Grahams and Ritz Bitz in the plastic cups are really handy as well. Taking your own snacks and drinks is my number one tip to save money and TIME. When I don't have something handy, someone always needs something when the only nearby snack/drink location has a line a mile long.

This doesn't really count as a "snack" but you might get thirsty...
We brought bottles of water and those single-serve drink mixes. (I like Crystal Light best, but Snapple, Kool Aid, Arizona, etc. make them too.)

This gave us a differerent flavor than just water and helped us stay hydrated. Sometimes those snacks that you pack are very dry and something to drink is necessary. (I packed granola bars each day!)

if going in the summer avoid marshmellows, m&m's, apple slices, bananas, anything that wouldn't like the 110 degree backback HEAT.. some things i'll consider taking are pretzles, teddy grahams, fritos...

Do you think I can get 1 sandwich in for my daughter? She's diabetic. We aren't planning on eating in the parks, but I really hate to leave at 11:30 to get her back to the hotel so she can have her lunch. Everyone else can totally go on little snacks until we get back, but she has to eat at noon and six.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter