Good site for Exchange Rates???

kitton

Earning My Ears
Hi All....

Thought a few people may be interested in this with forthcoming trips.

It seems that you order and pay now to get a guaranteed exchange rate and they will deliver, free of charge, on the date that you specify.

We are going in April 2008 and this means that we would get $2 to £1!! I know it is hard to predict what will happen with rates that far ahead, but I can't help thinking that this is a gamble worth taking.

What do others think or has anyone used this service in the past?

Check it out below......

http://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com/content/us-dollars.asp

Look forward to hearing your views.

I asked about this site a few weeks ago and got very good responses from people here who have already used them. I have placed an order with them for our August trip next year.

We used this site for our dollars and travellers cheques this year.
Seem very efficient and were delivered just a couple of weeks ago, in plenty of time before our trip in October. Actually so efficient that we are going to get more when the rate goes up again (hopefully) !!

We used them earlier this year, delivered the day before the expected date.
Seemed efficient and I would use them again.

i might seem daft but do you guys think the £10 POUND CHARGE (MIN) puts the exchange rate down?

when you add this to the rate the rate dose not seem any better than travelex.

lee

I use M&S, they are quite good with their rate, but it seems to be dropping at the moment. They are comission free too.

i might seem daft but do you guys think the £10 POUND CHARGE (MIN) puts the exchange rate down?

when you add this to the rate the rate dose not seem any better than travelex.

lee

The £10 charge only applies to 41-50 day rates and not the others. If you don't need the dollars for a while then the rates are better and no fee applies but like I said you don't really know what the rate is going to do but I still think that $2 or above for £1 is quite good. The typical exhange rate at M&S et al is around the $1.92 at the moment. It's a gamble but one worth taking I think......

we gambled a few months ago and got $2 for our september trip with crowne :thumbsup2 we had great service

I have heard of this website before but i wondered how do you pay for these? up front? and is there a charge to use credit cards? or do you use debit card?
sorry for all the questions but if i can get $2 for £1 i would be :cloud9:
Also if i ordered now for hols in March do i have to wait til March to get them delivered?

I have heard of this website before but i wondered how do you pay for these? up front? and is there a charge to use credit cards? or do you use debit card?
sorry for all the questions but if i can get $2 for £1 i would be :cloud9:
Also if i ordered now for hols in March do i have to wait til March to get them delivered?

The FAQs suggest only a debit card or cheque is suitable, we used a debit card.
The individual rates are per delivery period so if you are travelling in March you would get either the Feb or March rate depending on when you request delivery.

You can order them sooner if you wish, just assess the difference in rates you will get.
The rates get slightly better as you project forward but you also lose interest on your money.

Is saga a 50+ ???

Generally yes, but I am only 32 and it asked for my date of birth. They took the money and completed the order, so I guess anyone can buy from them.

I think the Over-50 aspect is more relating to the insurance and travelling aspect of SAGA.

Generally yes, but I am only 32 and it asked for my date of birth. They took the money and completed the order, so I guess anyone can buy from them.

I think the Over-50 aspect is more relating to the insurance and travelling aspect of SAGA.

o i c. OK i will have a look at the exchange rate, what did you get yours at?

Anyone can buy their currency from Saga - they generally have the same exchange rate as Travelex (supplier) without having to collect at the airport.

As for crown currency - I certainly wouldn't be happy giving a company £££s of my money, months in advance, with no guarantee of getting my money back if anything went wrong! My money stays in my deposit account earning interest until I'm ready to buy my $$$s. Have to add that I haven't heard of any unhappy crown currency customers yet - just not a risk I'm willing to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter