• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Sam

peg110

DIS Veteran
Ok, there was a long thread on whether AAA is worth it or not. I have AAA and I can see it's value (most of the time). We (DW and Family)are newer to the "RV/Camping" scene, although I went all the time as a kid with mom and dad and I have always enjoyed hiking and camping in a tent (or under the stars). However, we now have a 27' TT that we have had now for about 5 or 6 years. We have learned a lot about camping (at least with the TT) that you don't necessarily get with a Tent and backpack or an old style basic Pop-up.

All that being said, is the Good Sam Membership worth it? Certainly if you breakdown the benefits it can provide (which AAA won't for campers/RVs) is probably worth it, but what about the "Other" benefits? Has anyone used them and found them to be a "Good" value? Are their discounts better then those you could find elsewhere? (For example, many hotels give a 5%-10% discount for AAA but many employers that you work for can get you the same thing or more or you can often just "ASK" for a discount and can get them)

Just wondering what others have experienced with it or is Good Sam just a waste of money?

Thanks in Advance.

Good Sam is worth the $ if you camp at places that accept it. Locally we have one place we visit that does. 10% off per night adds up.

Anytime you buy camping supplies at Camping World you also get a discount and we go there quite a bit. We also had a servicing at Camping World and I think if I recall correctly we also got a discount bc we were members. Definitely to us worth it.

Last edited:
We usually renew our Goodsam membership when we buy supplies from Camping World so we can get the discount.

Goodsam's roadside assistance is an add-on service that you pay an extra membership fee for.

AAA *does* offer RV roadside assistance, but it is expensive and not as comprehensive as Goodsam or Coachnet's coverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter