Good quality leather furniture that is reasonably priced

Last Spring I searched and searched all over for a good quality leather sectional. I had a couple of requirements and it seemed like either it sat too low or the seats didn't lift up (making it impossible to clean in between the cushions), or it wasn't the right color , or it did not have the return on the side I needed it on.

We finally found our sectional at a leather upholstery store. I didn't even go there at first because I figured it would be waaaayyy too expensive, but when I couldn't find what I wanted I gave it a shot. The one we ordered was more than I wanted to spend, but less than I thought I could get it for.

The maker is Elite Leather. We were able to get the bench cushions, select the color and grade of the leather, and choose which size (number of seats) would fit best.

The best part is that it is AMERICAN MADE which is almost impossible to find in the furniture industry anymore.

One more note - while searching I found that not all Natuzzi is made in Italy - the cheaper ones are made in China.

Berkline is good quality and reasonable priced furniture. They are comparable to Lazy Boy but in my opinion slightly better. Another brand that is worth considering is Palliser Furniture but they are a little more on the contemporary side. Probably the best quality for the dollar that I have come across. Berkline tends to be more traditional or transitional. Unfortunately no experience with Ethan Allen......but havent heard anything bad.

I'm all about maxing my cash in this life, but IMO Ethan Allen furniture is worth every penny you spend on it. We have a couch that is over 12 years old that is just now to the point of needing recovered. And the cushions are still pretty decent as well. I would not hesitate to save a little longer and get another one from them.

Some things you just have to pay for like good furniture, and peanut butter. Jif Creamy is king, nothing else compares :goodvibes

I have a Natuzzi set, too, it's a good brand. We've had this set (sofa and loveseat) for 2 years, with 3 dogs who think they own them, and they look great.

Bought them at Costco! Costco tends to carry higher end brands at good prices. Though they don't have my set anymore, they have some nice ones in the store right now that I just saw tonight. If you have a membership, it might be worth a try.

Plus, Costco stands by their merchandise quite well.

Ditto. Natuzzi is sold in furniture stores, but when Costco had their "leather Furniture Event" I saw the perfect shape sofa. Dogs, kids, and years later, still perfect.

Wow, I was surprised to see this thread resurface!

I ended up getting cloth. We have our older leather in the family room and love it, but for the living room we decided to get cloth. I actually really love it. It is made by FlexSteel.

Dawn

My family room is Natuzzi and has held up really well. It is a cream/tan leather and cleans pretty easily. We have the same sofa at the lake only in the sleeper version and it has done well also. Although it is not really all that comfortable to sleep on. ;)

I also had a Natuzzi for 10 years and sold it at a garage sale for $400.00! It just didn't match my new house or I would have kept it. The people bought it because of the name LOL

Natuzzi leather is the best stuff out there! You can find some really good sales as well. This stuff has held up through all the kids and dogs and still looks like new.

We bought a Natuzzi sofa w/recliners, a recliner, and a love seat at a Sofa Mart/Furniture Row. They had a bunch of leather brands,and told us that it was the best, and the same leather as they put in Lamborghini cars. We have had it about 2 years w/kids and it still looks new.

I like the furniture we've gotten from Haverty's and Kittles. We also have two leather recliners from Lazyboy and I have no complaints about them. All good quality. Our leather ottoman/coffee table broke and Haverty's took it away, fixed it and brought it back-good as new, no charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter