Good price for August 2013?

tonijo

Mouseketeer
After much discussion we are looking to book for August 2013 for 2 weeks 2 adults/2 children? 15/9 (Easter was too near exam time!).
I love the look of Vista Cay Resort and have been quoted £4870 travelling with Virgin for premium Villa and flights...Is this a good price or once again can i get it cheaper?Help!!!

Im not really sure if its a good price, I've never stayed at Vista Cay or anywhere similar... Its does seem quite expensive to me, but everyone is different.

I know prices are going up, and you've got PE seats, so it may be reasonable.

Have you priced other accommodation and compared it to a hotel?

Sorry the flight with Virgin was economy,the villa was premium,but prices is not including car...Have been told by 2 different travel agents that prices are only going to go up but i am sure that is part of the patter!!

Hi,
We have just booked 14 nights at Disney Port Orleans with 14 day pass and the free quick service dining plan from Glasgow on the 18th August 2013, 2 adults and 2 kids (16,14) with Thomsons (on the new Dreamliner ) for £5430, which was about £1000 cheaper than Thomas Cook and £1500 cheaper than Virgin.
Will book car separate as you can get it a lot cheaper than from travel agents.
dave

You need to break it down.
2 wks at Vista Cay Resort is probably going to cost around £1000-£1200 knock that off your £4870 = £3,670 divide by 4 flights = £917pp

Personally I wouldn't pay £917pp for an economy flight, others would, I also wouldn't pay so much for accomodation, others would.

Dfr...wow,i assume that was booked through Thomsons,where there any offers on at the time of booking?and have you booked in full,and which Travel Agent was it through?was that the 14 day ultimate ticket?...sorry to ask so many questions but that seems fantastic!:thumbsup2

Dfr...wow,i assume that was booked through Thomsons,where there any offers on at the time of booking?and have you booked in full,and which Travel Agent was it through?was that the 14 day ultimate ticket?...sorry to ask so many questions but that seems fantastic!:thumbsup2

If you are considering onsite then look at prices on Disney.co.uk
14 nights next August at Port Orleans FQ, 4 x 14 day tickets, free Quick service Dining plan = £2,703 less 3% Quidco = £2,622
You only need to pay deposit now but then you would need to buy flights seperate.

Personally I would pay an extra £425 for Old Key West at £3,047 (after Quidco cashback) this would include the regular DDP free. Over 14 days I would expect you to consume approx $3,000 of free food.

Hi Tonijo,

Yes i booked it online with Thomsons, it is the 14 day ultimate tickets, we paid a low deposit now of £50 pp,

I have also booked in previous years with Disney Travel Company as wayneg suggested, but we always fly direct and by time you get your flights onto the Disney cost there is very little difference unless you find a real cheap flight.

Also we are aware that for only £450 we could of had the full DDP but we have done both in the past and although the sit down plan is good we found it very restricting as you need to book you restaurants in advance (190 days) to get what you want, plus there is plenty of good Quick service place's to eat without living on Burgers.
But each to there own what suits one does not always suit another the main thing is we are all at Disney.

Cheers
Dave

That does seem quite a lot I tried for this August last 2 weeks at it was about £5000 for 2 adults 3 kids port Orleans riverside 14 day tickets virgin flights transfers and free quick service dining I would look around as you may find so cheaper deals including tickets and food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter