Good Price for Airfare??

griz4

Mouseketeer
I have not flown in 10 years at least so really dont know a good price on airfare. I am coming from BDL to MCO.
If i book today i can get the following fares for 4 persons each way:

Flying Delta to MCO 610.00(152.50 per person)
Leaving from MCO on SW $438(109.50 per person)

using different airlines as the flight to Disney leaves at 7:45am and the only other direct flight via SW on the day we want to leave does not leave til 12:25 in the afternoon and would rather get down there ASAP to start vacation.

Total with taxes/fees up and back is $1048.00- is that a good price and should i book it? The reason i am on fence is that flight on Delta out of BDL was just $134.50 per person like week and half ago :headache: and went up just as i finally was able to make my Disney reservations. So i dont know if it will come back down again or only go up. Like i said, i dont fly much so i dont how often prices on flights go up and down. thanks.

I just searched the 12th - 19th and it came up at $305 each, which is more than you were looking at on your last search. If going to Boston is an option you can fly for $249 each, except then you have to pay for parking (and drive further) which wipes out any savings. I don't think the price you got is all that bad.

Im also looking from BDL to MCO, but for Oct, and the lowest Ive seen so far is $312 r/t on Delta. If you have something cheaper, take it! I'd like to see it go less than $300 (there are 5 of us!), but Im a little nervous as to how long to wait.

I also usually fly out of BDL but if the prices is right will also fly out of Albany, Providence, or Boston. For July that may be the best price you get but I haven't flown in the summer for a while so I don't know how those prices tend to get. For the person interested in Oct. I would definately wait. Once Southwest opens up those dates those prices should come down. The other airlines don't have any competition until SW opens up. Last year for the last week of Sept. we paid $69 each way. I think they opened the schedule in April last year as well but we waited for a sale and ended up buying them in May. I believe even the day they opened up they were only $99 each way which would be way less than $300+. I have a hard time waiting also but I don't think I would ever pay over $250 RT.

Remember, she is only looking at oneway out of BDL. Looking right now it looks like it's up a bit from your 152.50 pp to 160.50 but that may be because it's Saturday. I would wait and check on Tuesday and Wednesday, supposedly the best days for booking airfare. That was for the same dates that DJS checked, Saturday to Saturday. Wait... I just checked midweek, Wendesday to Wednesday and I do come up with your 152.50 pp, oneway. Looks like you already know that midweek flights are usually a bit cheaper!;) Good Luck with your decision.

Good info thanks. I was on the southwest site this morning and noticed theyre only selling up to august. So I'll wait.

I also usually fly out of BDL but if the prices is right will also fly out of Albany, Providence, or Boston. For July that may be the best price you get but I haven't flown in the summer for a while so I don't know how those prices tend to get. For the person interested in Oct. I would definately wait. Once Southwest opens up those dates those prices should come down. The other airlines don't have any competition until SW opens up. Last year for the last week of Sept. we paid $69 each way. I think they opened the schedule in April last year as well but we waited for a sale and ended up buying them in May. I believe even the day they opened up they were only $99 each way which would be way less than $300+. I have a hard time waiting also but I don't think I would ever pay over $250 RT.

Actually, the best fares on SW require travelling on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Saturdays in both directions.

SW will undoubtedly modify their flight schedules a few times this year, so keep an eye on their website.

One of those schedule modification episodes will take place in May when SW launches nonstop service from LA to Denver.

well, i went ahead and booked the return home flight on Sothwest($438 for 4 of us) as i think the price is good and i like the time. I am going to wait on that Delta flight down to MCO to see if the price drops a little more(I hope).

I was looking at airfare late December from BDL to MCO for August on Delta (I won't fly Southwest because I like to book seats).

The price I got was $280 RT with taxes. That was more then I wanted to spend since it was for 5 of us.

So I convinced my dh to fly out of White Plains & we got $84 each way so I was happy with that & the total came to $945 for all 5 of us.

White Plains - I never though of that!! I'll have to look into that as well.

edit: just looking into oct - getting $225 r/t, which is more than I want to spend for 5 of us. I'll keep checking though. That was on air tran airways - which I never heard of.

I have not flown in 10 years at least so really dont know a good price on airfare. I am coming from BDL to MCO.

using different airlines as the flight to Disney leaves at 7:45am and the only other direct flight via SW on the day we want to leave does not leave til 12:25 in the afternoon and would rather get down there ASAP to start vacation.

Total with taxes/fees up and back is $1048.00- is that a good price and should i book it? The reason i am on fence is that flight on Delta out of BDL was just $134.50 per person like week and half ago :headache: and went up just as i finally was able to make my Disney reservations. So i dont know if it will come back down again or only go up. Like i said, i dont fly much so i dont how often prices on flights go up and down. thanks.

bump

Out of BDL, I assume you are in CT? Depending on where you are in the state, Providence (SW, Delta), Newburgh (Airtran, JetBlue), and White Plains (Airtran, JetBlue) may also be options, and are all ususally cheaper than BDL.

I don't travel in summer much yet (kids aren't in school yet), but the current flights seems a little high to me. Sales usually seem to happen 2-4 months out, so I'll bet you will see some lower fares.

Since you already booked SW, get DING and/or just watch rates because you can rebook with the reduced fare if a sale comes up, with the difference as a credit for future use up to a year.

Just looked into flying AirTran out of Stewart for our June trip (21st-29th). I found a price of $218 per person, round trip:cool1: . I was also looking at Delta out of BDL, but they're running about $400 for the times we want. I haven't had much time to get opinions yet, but it looks like it might be a viable option for us, even if we drive up on Friday, stay overnight near the airport (about $102), then fly out early the next morning. Any opinions, anyone??:confused3 Thanks!

Just looked into flying AirTran out of Stewart for our June trip (21st-29th). I found a price of $218 per person, round trip:cool1: . I was also looking at Delta out of BDL, but they're running about $400 for the times we want. I haven't had much time to get opinions yet, but it looks like it might be a viable option for us, even if we drive up on Friday, stay overnight near the airport (about $102), then fly out early the next morning. Any opinions, anyone??:confused3 Thanks!

Do it. Its such an easy airport, its worth the trip. If the plan is to stay the night before, you can consider White Plains too. Parking is a PITA at White Plains, but the nearby LaQuinta Inn in Armonk, NY has a Stay and Fly package which included parking.

I'll look into White Plains too. DH is worried about being out of his comfort zone, so anywhere but BDL makes him nervous. I need to get all the options and all the costs before I tell him what we're doing. Hopefully I can do that before the fares change again. Thanks again!

FYI about booking with Delta - We talked about going to Florida from Cincinnati. Flights were kinda high so we decided to rent a mini-van and drive. The cost was about $550+ for the Van and figure at least $100+ a night for a hotel there and back. While researching airfare, stumbled upon a good airfare from Delta - direct from CVG to MCO $270.00 a ticket including tax. There were 3 of us. Total $810.00. On Delta.com, there is a disclaimer that states you can purchase the tickets and have 24-hours to cancel and your credit card will not be charged. I went ahead and booked them. When my DH got home that night, we decided to change the flight times, but got the same price. I was able to cancel the original transaction with no penalty. I figure if you can fly for around $250+ or under per person including tax, that is a good deal.
:cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :surfweb:

Since Cincinnati has been far and away the most expensive airport in the USA to fly in & out of for many years (as recent articles in both USA Today & The Wall Street Journal have meticulously detailed), please consider utilizing Southwest's three nearby cities (Indianapolis, Louisville & Columbus) next time.

You can easily save hundreds of dollars per person for a mere 90-120 minute drive.

Since Cincinnati has been far and away the most expensive airport in the USA to fly in & out of for many years (as recent articles in both USA Today & The Wall Street Journal have meticulously detailed), please consider utilizing Southwest's three nearby cities (Indianapolis, Louisville & Columbus) next time.

You can easily save hundreds of dollars per person for a mere 90-120 minute drive.
Actually, it was cheaper to fly out of CVG this time on Delta. Most of the time I would agree, but you are adding 2 hrs to a drive, 2 more hours to arrive before your flight leaves due to security, paying for long-term parking and then upon returning, have another 2 hrs drive home. My time is worth more than saving a couple of hundred dollars. There were no direct flights available for our dates and SW at the time was $109.00 one way plus tax which total for 3 was just a little over $789. So for $30 more, which I would have spent way more in gas and wear and tear on my car, $270.00 including all taxes was a great deal.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter