Good Places to eat in DHS

Irish_Mike

DIS Veteran
We're going next August, and we are currently all planning resturants we want to eat at. Our problem, we can't find ANYTHING at Hollwood Studios.

We've done Sci-Fi, it was alright. We've done 50's Prime Time the past couple times, and it is good, but they don't have a large menu and we would rather not eat there. Mama Melrose's hasn't had good reviews, so we've heard.

We're thinking about doing Hollywood Studio's, taking the boat to BC for Cape May buffet, then going back to see Fantasmic.

Any suggestions or reviews of Melrose are appreciated.

Love Love Love MM! Especially if you wanna see fantasmic because you can get the fantasmic package!

First of all, I think taking the boat to Cape May is a fun idea. I enjoy that buffet, it isn't too crazy and the food is good.

The Brown Derby is expensive and the menu isn't great for kids, but of all the restaurants in DHS it is my favorite. The children's menu is standard and the adult menu has very good options.

There's always the Garden Grove Buffet at the Swan as an option too.

I say take the boat.

Another couple of votes for MM (Mrs Conan likes it also).

I am a 50's PT guy myself. I always end up laughing there.

Beaches and Cream has good food if you can get in.

OHH the Pizza Window on the Boardwalk is very nice. We always eat there at least once a trip. ESPN club has great hotwings.

If you are going that far, you can also go into EPCOT.

IMHO I think that all that back and forth is a big hassle, but it depends on your outlook, doesn't it? A nice boat ride over to the BC could be lots of fun in the right situation.

I have the Cape May seafood buffet booked for my upcoming trip and I am looking forward to it after reading many good things about it.

However...don't believe everything you read. I was NOT (with a capital N) excited about Mama Melrose's when we booked it as part of a Fantasmic package. It was the "lesser of the evils"...but ended up being one of my top 5 restaurants in WDW.

The food was very good, the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting, and the service was outstanding.

Have I sold you yet?

I second (third) Mama Melrose. I also endorse Brown Derby. Flying Fish is a possibility at the Boardwalk but probably not a good option for kids. Cape May ? Good place for breakfast but then again we're not too fond of buffets.

Mama Melrose's is OK. Its a decent italian restaraunt. nothing more than that
http://www.mouseextra.com/2006/12/14/restaurant-review-mama-melroses/#comments

Thats a review from another author at Mouse Extra

The Brown Derby is quite good but very expensive
http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/06/0...n-derby-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/#respond

thats my Brown Derby review

I might try Kouzzina's on the Boardwalk or if you like seafood there's the Flying Fish. There are some decent places in the Swan and Dolphin

Hollywood. Brown. Derby.

And the fra diabolo at MM's is ok.

It's my opinion that DHS has the worst dining venues of all the parks. It's really hard to find anything really good there.

We have a 12:30 lunch at Mama Melrose and a 5:30 dinner at Brown Derby next week. We've never been to Mama Melrose, but I don't want to get too full for a good Brown Derby dinner 5 hours later.

I've eaten at Mam Melrose twice now, and enjoyed it both times. Not sure why it gets such bad reviews...

I agree with MM We have had consistantly good experiences here, and remains one of our favorite TS. We love the Cobb salad at Brown derby, and have always loved sci-fi for the ribs, pasta, and ruebens. I always think MK is the worst of the TS parks. :)

It's my opinion that DHS has the worst dining venues of all the parks. It's really hard to find anything really good there.

I totally agree. We had a terrible meal at MM- cold food, very slow service (and the place was half empty!). None of us ever wants to go back.

We try to plan our days now so that we don't get stuck eating at the Studios. With park hoppers it isn't that difficult.

I always think MK is the worst of the TS parks.

Oh, me too! I had the hardest time choosing a TS location at MK for our upcoming trip. We have been to LTT when it had characters and and we've been to CP. Both were fun and I'm glad we experienced them once, but I don't have a need to go back. The Plaza and Tony's just don't appeal to me, and my boys would declare a mutiny if we went to CRT! pirate:

I'd much rather have to choose between Brown Derby and MM's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter