Good places in DL and DCA to share meals

laurasvwee

Mouseketeer
We(me,dh and ds10) will be spending 5 days in the parks. We where there last Oct. and half way through our trip realized that some of the restaurant portion sizes where big enough for me and my ds to share and in some cases all 3 of us shared combined meals. If I remember right The Hungery Bear was one of them. We where invited to go in nov with some friends that go every year at that time that say how wonderful DL is at at christmas. So lucky for me the tax fairy came trough with enough to cover the package but I need to budget the meals so any help you wonderful people can give me would be greatly appreciated.

We share a lot and find most portions large enough to share. We can usually share 3-4 meals between the 5 of us. Our party is me, DH, and our three children ages 16, 14, and 11. We hate to feel stuffed and more grazers by nature.

We find sharing easy at the Plaza Inn fried chicken dinner, pasta, and pot/roast. That will easily feed the 5 of us.

At Rocket Redd's, the pastas are large enough to share. We'll usually get one pasta, one large salad, and 2 slices of pizza.

I haven't had it but I hear the Monte Cristo is easily shared by 2.

Bengal BBQ while not easily shared is a great snack and cheap.

Riverbelle breakfasts are another where 3 meals easily fills the 5 of us.

I can easily share any sandwich/burgers with fries combo with my 16 y/o.

As far as DCA, I'm not sure, there are so many new places to try.

We always share, Me & DH, my sister (adult), and 3 kids 2-7. We found Plaza Inn will give you extra plates if you ask, probably the others will too?. That's really helpful and shows they don't mind you splitting a meal. Also remember almost everywhere you can get free ice water, which is great for a budget.
My husband and I share a meal at Rancho del Zocalo, plenty of food, and we love mexican food. We haven't tried too many other places, we tend to find favorites and then keep going for traditions sake.

We always share, too. Two of us share a Monte Cristo and still cannot finish it! Plaza Inn fried chicken is huge. Rancho del Zocalo has many items that are very big and easy to share. The Mexican place in DCA at the Wharf has a salad that is huge. Most places that have sandwiches....easily shared.....Riverbelle Terrace, Jolly Holiday,etc. We find most places have very large portions. We also like the lunch at Storyteller's in the GC, again share a sandwich and maybe a soup or salad.
take a look around at the plates before you order and you will get a good idea of what to do.

We share at Plaza Inn, DBF and I will get 1 chicken dinner, add a side salad and that's fine for us. We get 1 pasta, 1 salad, 1 pizza and 1 Foccacia bread at Pizza Port and share that. We share fries when we go to the burger places and we've shared at River Belle Terrace. When we eat at CO DBF and I share 1 MC and a bowl of gumbo. We have shared at Rancho Del Zocalo as well, you can get the chicken plate and it's like half a chicken! lol
In DCA we don't share much because we don't eat as many places there.

We hardly ever share but on January trip DH and I shared a Monte Cristo and bananas foster from Cafe Orleans. Well, shared the sammy. I have him the dessert after 1 bite. Was NOT for me, haha! But it was nice for to not waddle out of there for once. I ate half the sammy and all of the grapes and was satisfied.

DH, me, and our two kids shared the Monte Cristo, pommes frites, and a salad at Cafe Orleans and it was PLENTY! We were all stuffed and didn't finish everything between the four of us.

Our favorite place to share in DCA is at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. We get the large spinach salad(can't remember the name--sorry), that has pecans, golden raisins, and feta cheese, and then choose a flat bread pizza (love ALL of them) or pasta dish. We love to eat, and NEVER leave hungry after sharing there. We've also shared the chicken salad in a bread bowl from Pcific Wharf Cafe.

My son and I share a giant turkey leg and end up throwing half of it away. Those are some big turkeys...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter