Good Place for a 10 Minute Rest?

We were in Disneyland in January and I couldn't get over how many benches there were compared to WDW.
In Epcot - we like to sit on the wall or bench near Mouse Gear or Starbucks and watch/listen to the fountain.
In AK - like other have said we grab a table near Flame Tree down by the water or a table in Pizzafair with a cold drink.
In HS - we grab a bench on the one of the main streets, benches along both streets.
In MK - got nothing, I leave when I get tired in this park

10 minutes on
Tom Sawyer Island in MK
Boneyard in AK
Koi Pond in Japan or in the covered outdoor eating area of Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway at Epcot.

Having spent my first twenty years in the Infantry I can sleep anywhere and I do. I know allot of folks think I look like a poor bum but so what.

Where can we down sit for 10 minutes? (not including attractions or restaurants)
A summary of the shady benches and rest areas previously submitted:
  • Epcot Character Spot building
  • Bunch of Tables in HS
  • Side of Spaceship Earth
  • Between the Innoventions buildings
  • Top floor of the Train Station
  • The museum in Japan
  • Some benches and shade near POTC
  • A few benches in Liberty Square
  • Tables at the Noodle Station
  • A few shaded benches near SM
  • Flame Tree has some tables with a view
  • Sitting by the exit to ToT
  • PizzaRizzo is usually empty all day
  • Area outside Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Sitting area near Sleepy Hollow
  • Near the restrooms in Tomorrowland
  • Any bench near Prime Time/Gertie's Ice Cream
  • A few shady spots outside Indiana Jones
  • Boneyard in AK
  • Koi Pond in Japan
  • Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway
I'm so appreciative of these suggestions. I hadn't inquired about attractions and restaurants, because I'm already familiar with the rides/shows which offer shaded and A/C sitting. Thanks for the great recommendations above.

OP

In the MK - what comes to mind is hall of presidents, the people mover, carousel of progress, the river boat ride, tiki room.

The Carousel of Progress:)

For the MK my favorite place for taking a snooze is the Carousel of Progress. It's air conditioned. The repetitive music puts me to sleep. Even if I'm not looking for a nap, I usually fall asleep. The two posters above suggested this one too. Ideal place to nap at the MK IMHO.

I literally fell asleep in the Grand Floridian lobby totally unintentionally.

Relatively relaxed atmosphere and the toned down theme is really relaxing.

, or that sitting area near Sleepy Hollow. I think during the warmer months they open up a special indoor seating area near Sleepy Hollow you can go to, and most people don't know about it.
Interesting!! Never heard of this....anyone know specifics??

IMG_6268.JPG How has anyone not said the hub grass in Magic kingdom.

It's the most perfect resting spot. Epcot has one of these too. It located by mission space.

Resting aka hub grass and chill

I know you said no attractions....but Carousel of Progress in MK is our go to nap spot LOL. Sit in the back row. Enjoy the A/C and the darkened theater. The family can watch the show while yo close your eyes for a bit. It's perfect!

For some down time at MK, we go on the People Mover in Tomorrowland. Also in Tomorrowland, Carrousel of Progress - it has a/c. We also go to the Tiki Room and the Country Bears Gymboree (both have a/c).

DHS, we never spend too much time there - mostly 1/2 day park for us. EPCOT, we usually stay at an EPCOT resort making it easier to go back to rest in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter