Good news: New DC point schedule gives access to concierge accomodations

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
With so many posts and so much discussion about the negative aspects of the information we have about the new Disney Collection point schedule, I thought it might be appropriate to start a new thread about one of the really positive aspects of the new schedule. Apparently, DVC members will now be able to stay on points on the Concierege Level of the on-site resorts. This was a topic of many threads and posts on the board over the past year complaining about lack of access to concierege accomodations. This adds another degree of flexibility to our use of the Disney Collection and is responsive to what many members have expressed as an added benefit.

I agree that I like the idea of having that option. I may never use it, but at least it is there.

I believe on another thread it was mentioned that you could book the larger AKL rooms that sleep 5. This is good news for families of 5. We would like to try and stay there for a night or two and weren't sure how we would work it.

I am hoping they offer this for the DL hotels because I believe some of them have rooms that sleep 5 also.

I agree! I was nervous about booking at the AKL with points and then not getting a room with a savannah view.....now we can guarantee that and have access to conceirge too! I think it's a nice addition. People on the boards always rave about conceirge(especially at the Poly) and it's nice to now have the option to treat ourselves with points!

Additionally it would be nice if DCL would let us book something larger than a Category 4 room for our next cruise. Of course, I might have to buy some more points.....

Blake, I was just explaining to my dh about the new option to book concierge level rooms. He asked what concierge provided and aside from making priority seating arrangements and providing a room with food/drinks - I had no idea what to tell him. So I'd also be interested to know what one could expect from WDW concierge. :)

I think this is great news!!! my dh and I love staying concierge!!!
ofcourse we love the BWV also!! :)
but we were very happy to learn that we will now be able to book concierge through dvc!!!
can't wait to see the point charts!!! :)

Laura :)

6 days til Poly concierge!!! yipeeeeeeeee :) :) :)

in finding out what is included in a concierge level stay at the WDW resorts? I've also heard about the food/drinks offered in the am, afternoon and evening. Another perk I thought I'd heard about was that you were allowed to take tours (especially at AKL) that are not open to everyone. Anyone know?

Now that we know the points required, does Concierge still seem like a good idea to most folks? It is an option but is it one that makes sense to use? (58-146 points at GF).

Originally posted by PamOKW
Now that we know the points required, does Concierge still seem like a good idea to most folks? It is an option but is it one that makes sense to use? (58-146 points at GF).

No way. You can ALMOST get a grand villa at BWV for what it costs to stay at GF concierge. It doesn't even specify that those concierge rooms are even MAIN building concierge... they may be the limited concierge rooms in Sugar Loaf Key... in either case, we did stay in the GF Royal Palm Club main building concierge and it was wonderful and worth every penny we paid for a once in a lifetime vacation.

That said, for the same points as 1 week in a GF concierge room I could have 2 weeks in a 2BR at BWV or 3 weeks in a 1BR at BWV or 5 weeks + 6 days in a studio that is almost the same size as that concierge room at the GF and I know which I'd choose (i'm basing these numbers on value season points where a week in GF concierge is 498 points, 2 weeks in a 2BR is 444 points, 3 weeks in a 1BR is 486 points and 6 weeks in a studio minus 1 weekend day is 490 points.)

If i were that intent on blowing around 500 points on one week i'd just splurge on the extra 60 points and get a grand villa and bring 11 of my closest friends to share it with me. Even the biggest GF fans would be hard pressed to be able to compare a grand villa at the BWV with a standard sized room with concierge servce at the GF... the room at the GF even with concierge service only rents for around 1/3 the cash price of the grand villa.

Somehow since joining DVC, the amenities of concierge aren't nearly as appealing to me... I don't need to go to a lounge to get snacks, I can go to my own fridge to get them. Sure, I may not be able to book the chef's table at victoria and alberts on a moment's notice, but on the other hand I enjoy planning my WDW vacations so much that I have all of my things planned way before I get there.

While I loved the GF for our honeymoon and looking forward to staying there again some day, even paying $600/night to stay there in concierge (if I decided it was worth it) seems like a bargain compared to the $1200+ in accomodations I'd be giving up to stay there on points.

Lisa

We stayed at the Polynesian - Concierge level - before joining the DVC at the BW. The Concierge level is nice but there is no way it is worth the poiunts being mentioned. AS I recall the rooms are all in the same building ) I think it is OAHU) but I believe that some of the rooms do not even face the lagoon. Our room was right on the beach and had a perfect view of the Castle and the fireworks and the water parade but that was only useful if you were in the room at the right times. The services are nice - they seem to be able to get reservatons for you at restaurants even when none exist and you can pretty much exist on the free breakfast and evening cocktail hour ( although the drinks are more of the cordial variety then the cold beer variety ). We will probably go back to the Poly some day but we have stayed at the BW the last 4 trips and you get much much much more bang for yur buck at the DVC resorts. Rich

Concierge rooms come with some personalized attention, a bar in the early evening and snacks throughout the day. I think the cash rate adds about $65/day to the regular room cost at these resorts. The difference in price gives you light food, and PS reservation service.

Continental breakfast, Snacks, tea, Hors dourves, and deserts are some of the features of Concierge.

Typical breakfast has pastries, cerals and fruit as well as drinks (and oatmeal at AKL).

The sunrise breakfast at AKL includes a guided KSR trip with a guide from Animal Programs for 40 minutes, followed by a breakfast at Tusker House. It starts at 6:30 AM.

Concierge never appealed to me; in-room washers and dryers do. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter