• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good News if you're heading to Florida from the west...

stevenpensacola

<font color=red>Sometimes I sits and thinks, and s
The Interstate 10 bridge over Escambia Bay (at Pensacola) now has two lanes of traffic flowing in the eastbound lane!

This is the bridge that was wiped out by Hurricane Ivan over two years ago. (Remember the photo of the trailer hanging off the edge of the bridge, with the truck nowhere to be seen.)

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com.../612190317/1006

here's more info on the bridge project:
http://www.escambiabaybridge.com/ has some good photos of the work.

Hey Steven! You beat me to it! All I can say is "woo hoo" :cool1: We live in GUlf Breeze so this is wonderful news. Now when will they ever finish the 1-10 and I-10 And Davis Hwy. connections???? Oh well, I better be happy with what we got , right. lol. Thanks for posting!

:wave: me, :smooth: dh, princess: dd15, princess: dd11, pirate: ds4, princess: dd1

Spring Break 2007 here we come!!!!!

The contractor made remarkable progress on this bridge....they worked 'round the clock, 7 days a week, but they're only half finished. I thought the plan devised to repair this bridge was pretty ingenious.

As soon as the hurricanes are off the front page, most people forget that many others are still struggling.

I went over to Bay St Louis several times to work on the house of my friends' parents. It's going to be a long time before the Gulf Coast is whole again.

That is great to hear. It is such a pain trying to get through in that area. Hopefully they make it so it can withstand another freak storm hitting.

We were actually at WDW world when Ivan went through. Drove east prior to Ivan and had to drive west afterwards. You can't even imagine how long it took us to get OUT of florida. alot of the coastal towns were still without power, 10 was a COMPLETE traffic jam for miles and miles...It was lovebug season, man I never thought I would want to leave florida that bad. To make it worse, the state troopers who were set up at roadblocks at different cities and towns would send us off on some wild goose chase where a road was supposed to be open...only to end up at another roadblock 50-60 miles down the road where it was closed. That was a mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter