• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good news/Bad news (NFL Ticket related)

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
Great news - we got a note in the mail last week that because DH is on the wait list for Steelers tickets he got a special pre-sale code to sign in and order AFC championship tickets today. Even better news, I finally got through on ticketmaster and got.....1 ticket.

I know DH wanted to take a friend, or his brother, or my brother depending on if they even make it that far and who they are playing.

Would you go to a football game by yourself if you were a huge fan? We live 7 hours away so it'd be a hike for DH to go alone, but still, if they won he would always remember this game. On the other hand, I could probably sell the ticket and make a good amount of $$ on it. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but i'm just curious if anyone goes to games alone?

Just my opinion, but if it was for the Bears and I could get one ticket for my husband, I would definitely jump at the chance. Especially if I knew it was something he would like. However, I wouldn't make him go that far alone. We would make a weekend out of it. We'd pack up the kids and all go together to the destination city. While my husband was at the game, the kids and I would be out sight-seeing! :thumbsup2

Good luck!

Michelle :flower3:

I have gone to a couple of NFL games alone mainly because there quick vacations. I think every situation is different. The games I went to were regular season games in San Francisco and Oakland. I think with a major post season game you would someone you know with you. Maybe talk with your husband and see how he feels.

Just my opinion, but if it was for the Bears and I could get one ticket for my husband, I would definitely jump at the chance. Especially if I knew it was something he would like. However, I wouldn't make him go that far alone. We would make a weekend out of it. We'd pack up the kids and all go together to the destination city. While my husband was at the game, the kids and I would be out sight-seeing! :thumbsup2

Good luck!

This is exactly what I would do, except we don't have kids, so I would go shopping during the game.

If I could only get one ticket, there would be ZERO hesitation in buying it for DH. He would go and make a whole bunch of new friends. Before he dies, he will get to a Bucs game and he will watch from the pirate boat.

If I could only get one ticket, there would be ZERO hesitation in buying it for DH. He would go and make a whole bunch of new friends. Before he dies, he will get to a Bucs game and he will watch from the pirate boat.

Good point you do make friends with other fans at games. Last year at a game in San Fran I made friends with a couple that is around my age we exchanged info and we talk often through email or the phone.

My husband would have absolutely no hesistation in going to a game alone, and as others have said, would make plenty of new friends while he is there. I would be upset if I could only get 1 ticket because I love football as much as he does. We have our fingers crossed we will be able to get tickets to the NFC Championship game for the Panthers!!!

:sad2: I can't understand why the Steelers organization cannot come up with a better system than Ticketmaster! When they would send out the forms that you filled out and sent back in to get the tickets was much better.

My dad and I both had the option to buy from Ticketmaster and we could only get 3 tickets to the 1st game and 4 tickets to the 2nd game. When we should have been able to purchase 16 total tickets!

Tell your husband to go!! Everyone is a friend at Heinz Field (that is if you're not from the opposing team!) He will most definatley have a great time!

ETA: would your husband friends be opposed to driving to Pittsburgh with him? Possibly buying tickets outside the game, and if not making it in, there are like 100 bars in close proximity that are tons of fun...I highly reccomend Jerome Bettis' Grille 36 or McFaddens on North Shore drive - a 5 minute walk to the stadium?

I'm married to a #1 Steelers fan, and if my dh had a ticket for seeing a game in Pittsburgh, he'd be there. :thumbsup2

Good luck!

That's a great option! If you can schedule a whole weekend for your family, that would be great. Pittsburgh's Science Center is right across from the stadium and would be a fun thing to do while dh is at the game.

Steelers fans are generally friendly, and if your dh goes alone I bet he'll be chatting away with all of the other fans around him. He might walk into that stadium alone, but he'll leave with friends. :goodvibes

Let us know what you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter