• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Neighbor Resorts?

cinderkelli

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL for the first time ever and we just can't afford to stay on site. Would anyone recommend one of the good neighbor resorts that is within walking distance? Thanks!!

We are going to DL for the first time ever and we just can't afford to stay on site. Would anyone recommend one of the good neighbor resorts that is within walking distance? Thanks!!

Thanks for making this thread I've been wondering the same thing!

The one I am going to be staying at is just 300 meters from the front entrance of the park. I am paying $89.00/night. It's the Best Western. Never been there but the photos looked quite nice. My previous experience with that chain were good.

http://www.anaheiminn.com/

Hope it helps :goodvibes

I have stayed at Carousel Inn and Suites, Camelot Inn and Suites and Howard Johnson and have no complaints about any of them. I have heard Carousel may have gone downhill as far as service since I was there last. Howard Johnson is my favorite because you can buy an Entertainment Book and get a rate of $59 $69 or $79/night.
We also loved the rooms and waterpark at Howard Johnson. The walk was no problem even with a 3 and 4 yr old.

Good luck in your search!

I have stayed at Carousel Inn and Suites, Camelot Inn and Suites and Howard Johnson and have no complaints about any of them. I have heard Carousel may have gone downhill as far as service since I was there last. Howard Johnson is my favorite because you can buy an Entertainment Book and get a rate of $59 $69 or $79/night.
We also loved the rooms and waterpark at Howard Johnson. The walk was no problem even with a 3 and 4 yr old.

Good luck in your search!

where do you get the entertainment book?

where do you get the entertainment book?

Entertainmentbook.com I think, just do a google search. You can buy ANY book and use the card, OR you can what we did last year and just buy the card from eBay. :)

Thanks for making this thread I've been wondering the same thing!

I think it might be helpful for anyone requesting lodging info to include the following:

- number of people in party
- ages of people in party.
- Pool important? (or not so much)
- How much you want to spend.

There are a dozen or more properties, each with pro's & con's. I'd be inclined to stay at the Candy Cane Inn, Hojo, the Fairfield or Best Western (or others) depending on the variables (& the price available) above.

Have a great time planning a visit to Walt's Park. :thumbsup2

I just bought the entertainment book for 2010 and they do not have any HOJO codes or anything for HOJO!?!?! What am i missing?

There is no code for HOJO. Call them directly and tell them you have the card and show it at check in!

I think it might be helpful for anyone requesting lodging info to include the following:

There are a dozen or more properties, each with pro's & con's. I'd be inclined to stay at the Candy Cane Inn, Hojo, the Fairfield or Best Western (or others) depending on the variables (& the price available) above.

I agree!! We chose the Desert Inn and Suites for our last trip because of their indoor heated pool. Nothing fancy at all but it served it's purpose for our late November trip.. It was the closest hotel that would gaurantee adjoining rooms. We wanted a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and their price was amazing! But I love the way HOJO looks with the indoor entering doors and cool pool area. Not a fan of walking more than needed though. And we don;t need parling. Some hotels limit the number of cars that can park. We didn't need breakfast as we were in the park too early or had character meals planned.
You have to look at what you need and find the perfect match!!

I agree and I would add to the OP that none of the hotels/motels across the street would be considered resorts. They are just motels/hotels. I recommend Fairfield Inn and Hojos if you can get the Entertainment rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter