Good Neighbor recs please!

I think the poster was referring to the former Carousel Inn, the property that Disney bought to build the new Pedestrian Bridge, which is located in-between the Tropicana and Camelot, both of which are still operating currently and happen to be owned by the same company.

And yes, there will be noise due to construction in that area, and of course, east of the property on the Disney owned property for the new Eastern Gateway project. Due to a zoning "fight", the project has been delayed until an agreement can be made and approved by the Anaheim Planning Commission and the Anaheim City Council. The hearing is at least 30 days in the future, but not yet announced.
Correct, I meant Carousel, sorry for the confusion.

Most of the motels/hotels on Harbor right across from Disneyland are fine. None that will make your "skin crawl".

We really enjoy Camelot Inn and Suites (that and Tropicana are owned by the same people, so pretty similar hotel/motel) or the Courtyard by Marriott. Both are clean, safe, and nice hotels. Courtyard is nicer, but more $$$. I would do Camelot if I were you. Across the street, right next door to McDonald's, spacious rooms, clean, safe, etc.

Glad to hear this about Camelot. Just books this for August!

Also add the proposed expansion/rebuilding of the park Vue Inn from a Motel to a Limited Service Hotel. (will have underground parking and interior corridors, and more levels - plans double the amount of rooms at the site).

I'm assuming, similar to the whole parking structure/pedestrian bridge talks, that we also don't know when Park Vue will be under construction? We currently have Desert Inn & Suites booked for last week in August, and also eyeing Park Vue...both side by side. So wondering if construction will be after our trip or before/during. They are taking bookings for that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter